Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dry Rock Shox Lyrik
  • sherry
    Free Member

The stantions on my Lyriks are bone dry and are starting to leave very faint rub marks. They are only a few months old and have seen no more than 15 hours use. Any tips on what to use to lube them other than stripping them? Cheers.

auricgoldfinger

SRAM website and youtube channel has strip down instructions/vids.

Mind you, if that is the case and you haven't used them that much, might not have had any oil in in the first place. Not unheard of for a set of RS forks to ship dry….

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Mine were dry in one side from new.I always check the lowers on new forks,they are very variable with lubrications

sherry
    Free Member

I leave them upside down when not in use and they feel sluggish compared to my rev's. They were warranty replaced only a few months ago due to the 2 step breaking on the first ride. Wont be happy to send them away and be without a fork for weeks again.

auricgoldfinger

Try and lift the wiper seals and have a look to see if they are running dry?

peteroughton169
    Free Member

dab a bit of fork oil on the stanchions after each ride and let settle till the next ride, keeps buttery smooth, and cycle through a couple of times once done. i do it on my lyriks and theyve been mint for 1.5 yrs, serviced by myself twice and running perfectly.

zangolin
    Free Member

Give the lowers a service + fresh lube – even if new. Few drops of Tri-Flow lube on the stanchions after each ride keeps them running sweet.

auricgoldfinger

but if you've got some wear already you probably really need to see what is going on inside, so pop the lowers off and have a look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dry Rock Shox Lyrik’ is closed to new replies.