Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Drunk purchases…
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Whilst in a “coffee” shop in Amsterdamn I slapped a cheeky bid on a rebreather and won it.

did you get the idea looking at a bong?

weeksy

Im tempted right now by a KTM Motegi alpinestars leather jacket in sale!

doggycam
    Free Member

Bought a really rare Park vintage guitar amp for a fare wedge of cash.
    Drunk, at 1am off ebay.
    Phoned my mate who is an expert at these things. he said ” Yes, theres hardly any as they’re shit and no one bought them, thats why they’re rare”

Lost a wack re-selling it.

I dont even play guitar 🙁

maccruiskeen

Not drunk but very hungover after a lot of cash and carry own brand gin. A 1972 MGB GT. As my only car for my 25,000 mile/year commuting requirements. For more money than I’ve spent on a car before or since. Paid for on terms that meant I then needed to continue driving it as my only car for the next 6 years.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think we have a winner!

boggie62
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I spotted a very nice new MTB frame on ebay listed by a bike shop at a decent price. Made a really cheeky offer that just happened to expire on Christmas day evening. I expected a counter offer but heard nothing until to my surprise the offer was accepted with minutes to go. I did wonder if the Christmas spirit was flowing.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Not actually a purchase but waking up on a Sunday and having a flash back , quickly logging into betting account then having to watch Chelsea at home to Villa a game I had no prior interest in to see if Villa were really good value as a kind mate kept saying at 7 to 1 for my biggest ever single bet of £150. I’ve never bet since

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

^ was a about £1,000 and this was £150 delivered

Not strictly a purchase but the original Big Bike Bash held in my back garden was dreamt up and launched during the same bottle of Leffe

http://bigbikebash.co.uk/

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not drunk but very hungover after a lot of cash and carry own brand gin. A 1972 MGB GT. As my only car for my 25,000 mile/year commuting requirements. For more money than I’ve spent on a car before or since. Paid for on terms that meant I then needed to continue driving it as my only car for the next 6 years.

6 years….I’d have given it 6months tops….6weeks if it was post 1980…..

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If anyone wants to sell on any of those drunken Strats or SGs for a bargain price to a good home – PM me!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A Fender Strat Delux which I’ve hardly played.

If anyone wants to sell on any of those drunken Strats or SGs for a bargain price to a good home – PM me!

I’m up for a sale or swap. I’ll need to check exactly which of the million variations of model my SG is when I get home in a month (its a ’61 reissue though)

sbob
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive – Member

Pff, amateurs; I bought a house in US Murder Capital, Flint Michigan

I call bullshit.
    Everyone knows Santa Carla is the murder capital of the world.

akira

Just bought some bars for the road bike, bit reasonably priced and I got cashback so not sure it really counts.

paule
    Free Member

Not particularly drunk, but managed to buy a trampolining session for an adult & a toddler on Groupon without even taking my phone out of my pocket… Stupid fingerprint reader unlock!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I call bullshit.
    Everyone knows Santa Carla is the murder capital of the world.

That was the 80s you dingbat… the vampires became considerably more peacful after the stakes were raised.

Truth be told, I didn’t know that Flint was set to be the most violent city when I bought the house; I used a zip code search engine which showed a massive amount of statistics, from percentages of people who finished high school, to average rents and standards of sanitation.

The Zip Code I ended up with wasn’t particularly violent, but in my inebriated state, I forgot to check google streetview… the next day when I’d sobered up and the Ebay Auction had finished, I discovered the homies in gang colours I refer to in my original post.

Sure enough, if you type in ‘906 East York Ave, Flint, MI’ into google maps, then do the time slider thingy with streetview, you should what was for a while at least, my very own crackhouse.

muddyground
    Free Member

A week in Yugoslavia from a mate one night. We flew out the next morning, so it seemed prudent just to carry on drinking through the night. Got to the airport very drunk, so we all went to the pub…. held the plane up for an hour. Carried on drinking on the plane, got there and I ambled off on my own and got on the first bus I saw with no idea where the hotel was….

jontykint
    Free Member

Not me but a lad I used to work with bought 6 tickets to Hatton Mayweather in Vegas. They were $1000 each and they were refused entry as they were very very fake

doordonot
    Free Member

Also bought an Ironman entry. In New Zealand, with three months to ‘train’ for it.

hols2
    Free Member

I will soon be the proud owner of a cast iron casserole dish. Unfortunately, didn’t think to check how big it is. Have a feeling it’s going to be like the Stonehenge scene from Spinal Tap. Either that, or next drunk purchase might be a much larger oven.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

followed by a new kitchen, then a new house 😉

duckman

Also race entries for me. Now you may think running and boozing don’t go together…and you would be right.

davemental
    Free Member

Drum kit, and on a later occasion some new cymbals for aforementioned drum kit.

mikey74
    Free Member

I must also add that I bought the Lego Saturn V after about 4-5 post-exam pints, after “accidentally” walking past the Lego store in Leicester Square.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Drunk purchases…’ is closed to new replies.