Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Drunk purchases…
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Come on, ‘fess up. Who here has clicked on something and bought it when drunk…?

I just spotted a $275 purchase of raffle tickets I did last night to win a $10k bike. I meant to choose the 5 tickets for $55 option but chose that option x5….. Yikes. Fortunately, they sorted it and I don’t have to explain this to SWMBO.

mikey74
    Free Member

I signed up for an Ironman, once.

sbob
    Free Member

Bought an S-type Jag.
    Had no idea the morning after until my housemate told me.
    Got a good price on it mind. 😆

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lapdances.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I bid £600 on a charity auction to go for beers with an England Rugby player at a Christmas party last weekend and promptly won….was not feeling great when I’d sobered up the next day….I’m skint as it is!!!

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

On a night out a few weeks ago googly eyes came up in conversation. I purchased a pack of 2000 googly eyes in assorted sizes on amazon. These have come in very handy in the office over the Christmas period.

househusband

A one kilogramme ingot of pure copper… does make a great paperweight!

tomhoward

An inbred frame on here, (not a lot of money, but It was money I really couldn’t afford at the time) even had the chance to bail out of it the morning after, but I didn’t want to lose face.

lapdances

Nope, none of those. None at all.

roundwheels
    Free Member

Lol, I have to laugh at this post. Found myself in this situation last night, £200 for new cycling shoes is cheap at 1 in the morning

Pook

CX race entry. Resulted in me also needing a CX bike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A handmade backgammon set
    Return flights to the UK from Oz
    Following on from Aphex about $50 on raffle tickets and shouting about $200 of food for some brewer mates as they were contributing beer – not a month where that was sensible

cranberry
    Free Member

A Land Rover Defender.

… I wonder if the reserve is over €9000…

Oh, it is.

Merak

A trials bike, with an engine and everything.

NZCol

I’m banned now. In no specific order, a RS4 (!) in my defence I’d sold my company and had been on the bubbles, saw it, bought it. A painting that is frankly shite. A driving experience thing which was alright and most recently a 2 night stay at glen eagles with a M5 to drive there, golf etc which actually was a bargain but not exactly on the fiscal plan!
    Oh and 2 bikes or part bikes. One almost fits me….

ElShalimo

A donner kebab

sbob
    Free Member

ElShalimo – Member

A donner kebab

I’ve evolved so highly that the half eaten kebab I wake up with on my pillow is now a chicken shish.
    Go drunk sbob! 😀

mattyfez

This arrived the other day.
    I’m still not entirely sure how it happened but I have a vague recollection.

bobario
    Free Member

I checked my e-mails one morning and discovered I’d bought a canoe from amazon whilst drunk the night previous. Another time a packet came through my letterbox and when I opened it, it was the Greatest Hits of Slade. Which I have no recollection of ordering.

holmes81
    Free Member

Bobario the canoe is brilliant!

penguinni

A drum kit.

Beat that

Badum tish

wiggles
    Free Member

A “spare” rx8 to match my other one… Bid £250 and won because it was listed wrong. Realised it was going to cost £200 to get it to my house and fessed up and told the guy about his error so he was happy to relist and forget my purchase

GolfChick
    Free Member

Having never been drunk a day in my life, these are well and truly hilarious!!

scruff9252

A yacht.

Put a cheeky bid on a GRP folkboat with newish sails. Only went and “won” it.

Bloody brilliant boat

NZCol

My mate reminded me he bought a turbo trainer from America. Trainer was cheap, the $180 of postage wasn’t

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Enve wheels…
    Honestly, drunk shopping is probably what keeps the carbon wheelset industry going, as the prices are ludicrous! I’m amazed how many are out there! They are ace though 😆

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Tan wall tyres – 😳

Cougar

Talking about an album I really liked in the pub one night, the consensus was “that’s not their best work, this is.” When I got home at like midnight or something I ordered the CD.

Got up the next morning, and the box was through the letterbox. I couldn’t for the life of me work out how a CD we’d been talking about the previous night had miraculously appeared the next morning, I thought I was being eavesdropped by Google or Facebook or something.

timidwheeler

Day before yesterday, a Worx pressure washer and two pairs of Adidas Terrex cross trainers.

Bloody PSA’s!

funkmasterp

A slam man

Caher

Booked a night on hotel.com for somewhere I did not want to go. Did not go either.

federalski
    Free Member

Few years ago I meant to stick a bid of £123 for an old Alfa on ebay just to keep an eye on it as you get outbid notifications etc on your phone, knew it would go for more so was purely just to keep a wee eye on it.

A week passes and I forgot about it till I found out I won it, seems I bid £1234 by mistake… The seller phones me up almost instantly as the notifications pop up on my phone as well to talk turkey as I’m still getting a grasp of what is happening.

It ran ok enough for 3 years as well, till it turned in to a a rustbucket and was scrapped, worked out alright.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A Gibson SG which I’ve hardly played.

LeeW

The other night a went out with other cyclists I know for our usual annual drinks.

I was persuaded to sell a hard tail Ive built this year I then came home and spent the funds on a new XC race bike.

I don’t have any intention to race XC. Ever.

jbproductions
    Free Member

A Fender Strat Delux which I’ve hardly played.

A shitty 1990s Carrera Road bike which I’ve hardly ridden on accounts of already having a nice 1990s road bike.

Both cheap though on account of them ending around midnight on Ebay.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m just about to buy a porsche cayenne and I’m not drunk. After reading the horror stories about the engine reliability I think I need to be!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Pff, amateurs; I bought a house in US Murder Capital, Flint Michigan, complete with a bunch of homies in gang colours looking casually dangerous

A snip at £700

crossland
    Free Member

A Glasgow corporation double decker bus sits in the yard at work courtesy of our sales manager e-bay and southern comfort, and yes he has the license and insurance to drive it

doomanic

Whilst in a “coffee” shop in Amsterdamn I slapped a cheeky bid on a rebreather and won it.

tonyg2003

Laughing @jivehoneyjive I’ve been to Flint MI a couple of times and you overpaid by many times!!

ferrals
    Free Member

Mostly flights.. think the most expensive was a flight to South Sumatra. Can’t remember any though else in particular..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Drunk purchases…’ is closed to new replies.