Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 172 total)
  • Drugs……….doin em or done em??
  • soops
    Free Member

followed by alcohol dano

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Remember though cannabis is now a class B drug again so yup still illegal (and always was even when down graded to class C).

tang
    Free Member

followed by fried food and cakes

dustytrails

Soops – Sorry – Pills cost more – didn't make 'em clean – I agree Pennies for a pill is very worrying. Is that all? Damn, glad to say i've lost touch!! Pills were never good for you – admit it. No matter how good they seemed at the time. TBH I only did E a few times, Never liked the trippy thing too much!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there's a plethera of vaguely legal pharmaceuticals out there now that the kids like to take.

pills are old hat, it's all about crystals nowadays 😯 + 😀 + 😛

dustytrails

Crystals – haven't even got to press in to a pill now!

soops
    Free Member

dusty – i lost touch years ago too, and your right they were never clean. silly of me to say that!

john_drummer
    Free Member

I was in a band with a guy who got into speed, coke, acid, weed, but he never tried any opiates. When he was clean he was a nice bloke; when he was using he wasn't.

Watching him was a very good advert for not doing any of that sh*t.

I went to his funeral about 4-5 years ago, he was 35. OD'd on heroin, the one & only time he'd tried it.

anagallis_arvensis

Where I walk me hound is covered with magic mushrooms and not not one of the local hoodies is to be seen there. Blody yoof of today are too lazy

rolfharris
    Free Member

As a yoof, I never have, never will. I have more important things to do with my money and my life and have seen one guy's life fall apart due to cannabis. Can't imagine what really hard stuff would do.

warton
    Free Member

I've seen a few friendships fall apart big time through cocaine abuse

Amen to that! I very rarely see my old friends, and when i do they're still caning it, secretive, lying to each other, its pathetic

druidh
    Free Member

I shared a flat with a girl who eventually turned to massage prostitution to pay for her heroine habit. After a few too many black-outs and a couple of "break-ins" we bundled her into a car and drove her from London to her folks place near Bristol and left her there. Nice family, very well-to-do and a shattered life.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Speeeeeed, acid, mushrooms and pills on a regular basis 10-15 years ago. Tried crack once, very nice but never again. Never got into coke, again very nice but turns you into a c**t. Smoked dope till it came out of my ears. Stopped it all when the nipper was born. I will dabble in chemicals now and again at a festival but that's about it. I'm old and boring now and find it **** with my riding.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i took acid,mushrooms, speed and smoked alot between 1991 > 1996'ish…

had some good times had some bad times, never got into any serious sh*t but was offered it on the odd occasion but declined.

don't regret any of those years, only downside is my fairly shocking short term memory which i put down to those years.

it's quite mad looking back, just fell in with 'a dealer' in college and it went a bit mad from there… back in the day you were either a roid head and into sport, into your drink and going to town to the clubs, or as i was a bit of a grundge kid going to see local bands (or EMO as its apparently called now 😉

i still know a mate from back in the day and the acid messed him up quite bad, he still cant sleep properly and has been to see a few 'head doctors' over the years.

they just seem to get p*ssed these days, unless its all gone very underground, or im getting old

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

nly downside is my fairly shocking short term memory which i put down to those years.

+1

tang
    Free Member

In the main drugs dont work. its down to usage and control i think. most of us have very bad self control and thats when one can slip up. i know some very happy, astute and successful people in their 60s who still take drugs on occasion. i also know people who have died, become rich, lost their marbles, endend up in prison. ive seen families(inc my own) torn apart through addiction etc. personally once they had shown me what they had to offer, they became an exercise in repetition, i lost interest. i needed more. 14yrs on and i dont miss them ever.

loddrik
    Free Member

I was a pretty heavy recreational cocaine user from aged about 20 til 33 (am 36 now). Still have a line or two now and then, no problems as long as you use it right. Don't drink or smoke. Growing up in Liverpool it is just part of normal life, it doesn't have the same stigma as it does in 'middle england' and I amsure most big cities are the same where it is seen in a smilar way to having a pint. Any drug is fine as long as it is used responsibly or you are of
    sound mind, it is the abuse and mal-use of said drugs where the problems arise. Having said that, some people will always be more vulnerable. I have had friends suffer as a result, a few friends die or be stabbed/shot or are now in prison, but most are fine and always have been. Eventually you have a family and just grow out of it.

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

had bad experience on ketamine pretty much knocked everything on the head after that. still enjoy a joint every now and again after a hard days ride though.

ton

**** me, i thought i was being bad, bit of effedrine(sp?) and decca.
    you lot are a right set of pot heads….. 😉

Ti29er
    Free Member

I'm 100% drug free.
    I used to dink beer and fizz. Gave up wine a few years ago and now don't bother at all.
    Of course I'm a non smoker.
    Never even tried anything else.

(Polishes halo)

Paisley
    Free Member

Speed, coke, mushrooms, ecstacy on a regular basis, MDMA, ketamine, GHB, "legal highs" which could have been anything but probably ephadrine, weed and booze. Drew the line at anything performance enhancing though, that shit is bad news.

There is a lot of stuff out there that can **** you up. There is plant food that can get you high.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Makes me wonder what's missing from your lives that I have in mine! 😆
    (More polishing of halo)

Paisley
    Free Member

Smugness and a sense of superiority by the looks of things Tim29er.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ti29er, I would pretty much say naivity, certainly with comments like that. I think you have been reading too many tabloid headlines.

Gary_C

Early 90's,when did they happen,then???? :mrgreen:

carlosg
    Free Member

Used to regularly smoke weed , not heavy just 1 joint on an evening to chill but thats just a now and again thing (once every other month ish)since parenthood 5 years ago.

Tried acid once and totally freaked myself out so didn't try that again , been offered loads of others but was never interested.

RichPenny
    Free Member

A pipe and slippers?

😉

Each to their own. Loddrik has it right I think, though it can be a fine line between good times and abuse (no pun intended). Did my share in my teens and twenties. Got burned by acid a little, so wouldn't mess with that, but will occasionally dabble if I'm interested. Coke always seemed to cause the most grief from the perspective of being outside the group looking in. But maybe that's because I wasn't really interested at that time.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oh Ton, not more! I haven't & I'm not, but I personally know about 100 who are f**ced up because of drugs!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

& here's me on me 4th G&T!!!

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have to say that the only drugs I have abused was in the latter years of playing Rugby when pre match I used a Psuedofed tablet and a tin of Red Bull at the same time about one hour before kick off. Only real drawback was overheating after exercise meant I had to sit in a cold bath every Saturday night but had the strength of 10 men and amazing stamina during the match.
    But then part of me now thinks is that what helped to screw my body up to develop type 2 diabetes at the early age of 39?
    For any unatural chemical that you shove in your body there has to be some sort of long term effect and I have seen way too many paranoid/schizo/other mental health or dead drug users in the past 26 years and the worst affected all seem to have been cannabis users.

soops
    Free Member

lol – Gary_C 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ton I will make you some special cake…and a piece for the lady 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just one mushroom bomb – the next thing i knew it was 8 hours later, I was in a tent dancing to James Brown eating cold noodles at a music festival. Always avoided coke even when mates were on it regularly. Not because I disaproved, just because I worried I would like it too much…

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Ti29er – Member

I'm 100% drug free.
    I used to dink beer and fizz. Gave up wine a few years ago and now don't bother at all.
    Of course I'm a non smoker.
    Never even tried anything else.

(Polishes halo)

hmmm, used to do coke*, but grew out of it around 13 years old, never touched booze, or drugs of any sort. 15 years old now though, but I dont plan on touching any of that shit.

for the rest of you, you might wanna talk to this guy. Frank sorry, i couldnt stop myself there. 🙁

*coca cola 8)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Apart from the normal red & gold lebanese and the lovely 'squidgy' black we all used to smoke i had a thing about mushrooms, acid and speed.
    Only really did a lot of that at on the festival scene though.

Lived on speed for just over a week, dropping it every 4hrs or so. Looked like a bloody corpse by the end so never did it again.
    Some of the acid trips were fun, have fond memories of some really mellow nights at the Forest Fayre Festival and some German ones as well.

Knocked it all on the head eventually though, just got bored of the scene – and the smoke was messing up my cycling as well.

Only did coke a couple of times and liked it waaayy too much so steered clear after that.

Paisley
    Free Member

Good coke is great, rubbish coke is just a money sucking blackhole as you chase a high that is never going to happen.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

actually I was wrong
    I do adrenaline and endorphin
    I make them myself

warton
    Free Member

although I had a great time in my twenties I totally wasted those years (until i went back to uni at 28)shitty jobs, no money, out all the time. I look back now and just think what an idiot, I could of been having real adventures, as standing in your mates kitchen, high, speaking the pinnicle of crap is a waste of time…

tazzymtb

mushrooms,acid,salvia,peyote,weed,ket, coke, chased a couple of dragons, speed.

the ones that f*cked me the most and hardest to come off were the booze and fags

always worked on the theory "that wich does not kill you, makes you stranger" apart from a piss poor short term memory and attention span of a fruit fly, I'm not too bad

Peregrine
    Free Member

Weed
    Acid
    Speed

Long time ago – i think??

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Drugs……….doin em or done em??’ is closed to new replies.