Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dropping biggest crank ring…?
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

Currently running 3×10 on my commie… 42/32/24

what i want to know is…

Can i just remove the largest ring, replace with a bash guard, change the middle ring to 36 and leave the granny ring as it is?

Thanks,

Dickyboy

Yes – but I found the jump between 22 & 36 too big, so went back to a 32 after all.

chiefgrooveguru

Yes – same experience as Dickyboy. Considering dropping 22t now as well.

joolsburger
    Free Member

What he said ^^^^^ BBG bashrings are good, light and V cheap.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Cheers guys…

Dicky, I’m dropping the big ring that i currently do use occassionally, for something in between what i have now (42/32) would 36 middle ring and 24 granny not give me quite a broad ratio?

I also run 1×9 11-32 cassette 9 speed on my 456, the issue was whether or not it would work with 10 speed cassette and chain…

Dickyboy

36/24 won’t be so bad but with 36/22 I found I always had to shift the rear mech when ever I shifted between chainrings which got a bit of a ball ache. Should be no reason your 2 x 10 system won’t work thou I’d be tempted to try 32/24 for a while & see if you have high enough gears anyway.

passtherizla
    Free Member

ah ok cool… thats actually a little better it means I don’t have to buy anything but a bash guard. 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Really happy with this by the way http://www.bbgbashguard.com/images/IMG_3206.JPG

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dropping biggest crank ring…?’ is closed to new replies.