Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Dropper posts like reverb stealth
  • DT78
    Free Member

What options are there out there at the moment for droppers which operate from the bottom of the post? I only know of the reverb stealth, any others? I’m put of a bit by the hydraulic lever for the reverb would rather a cable especially if it is inside the frame so away from muck. A bonus if in 34.9 which the reverb now seems to be available in.

It’s external but the KS Lev has a fixed cable at the collar.

Not sure without checking but I think Thomson might do a stealth version of their post and I’m almost certain that Spesh do on their Command Post

Crell
    Free Member

Thompson have a prototype stealth post (One of their engineers posted it on vimeo or youtube) but not out yet AFAIK.

Reverb is in 34.9, plus you have the “connectamajig” option, though I don’t think it’s worth the extra (I have one). Better buying a 2013 stealth for about £40 less.

kelvin

Have you seen this one from the news section of this very website?

Yep Components Uptimizer Dropper Post

Stealth option, cable operated, long drop option… very interesting.

mmel
    Free Member

KS LEV integra is everything you describe being internal cable operated. Not sure about 34.9 sizing but you could always shim it…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The Lev Integra is cable operated, and internal. it is also absolute turd compared to the Reverb. I bought one as I wanted a 150 drop with internal cable & 30.9 diameter & that’s all that was available.

Thankfully a friend at Fishers ‘made’ me a Reverb in that configuration (not something they officially make).

If it must be a 34.9 because you don’t want to shim it, the Reverb is the only choice.

I have a Spec Command Blacklite 30.9 IR which I need to put up for sale, which does what you want too.

mikelo303
    Free Member

I confirm. Intgra is piece of shit. Basically bad design. Really bad. Same design flaw is shared by Yep Components integral version. As far as both products are great in terms of operation they both are piece of crap in terms of how integral actuator is designed (by idiots). Basically cable is freely attached to the bottom of the actuator and IT IS NOT secured in any way. Entirely relying on cable tension. Guess what? Id gets loose all the freacking time because of the vibration and lack of secure attachment to the bootm of the post. It works on some bikes and it will never work on others. Ever. And they will not refund you as they will say it’s working. Not it’s **** not working assholes! You made basic deign mistake and that is a **** fact! (To all KS Lev team). So to sum it up my experience with ALL major internally routed seatposts (if you have freaky frame like me).

1. Do not bother with internally routed posts. Just pain in the ass. Seriously not worth it just to have 40cm of cable hidden.
    2. or only buy Reverb Stalth as it operates on oil.
    3. Cable actuated posts are – cable actuated. If you ever had problems with cable friction in your gears (heavy shifting) you will know what I mean. My take on this is – cables sucks. If I could I would replace all wires with mineral oil.

Seriously, avoid KS LEv and Yep Components internally routed products. They are expensive piece of shit due to basic design flaw with actuator attachment. Avoid at all costs. They will not consider it under warranty and they will not refund. Stay away.

Overall. It is amazing form me that so many years, so much money they cost and yes, thy help a lot, but simply thy are still freacking average working products with lots of gimmicky problems.

DT78
    Free Member

Just seen the response, always good to hear real life experience. I’ve not stumped up for one yet, I’m waiting till I have some free time to strip the scale down and see if I can use the internal cable guide near the BB as an entry point for a hydraulic hose

nickbarthram
    Free Member

Hey

I’ve just got a Reverb and it’s awesome, thoroughly recommended and CHainreaction have them super cheap at the moment.

If you don’t fancy shelling out that kind of cash though check out these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REMOTE-ADJUSTABLE-27-2mm-DROPPER-SEATPOST-3-HEIGHTS-/261281090790?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3cd5910ce6

…I’ve had one for about a year and have a had no problems with it, for the money it was an amazing bit of kit. Only upgraded to reverb because wanted full adjustment spectrum and got some vouchers when bought new bike

Tracey

We have both versions of the Specialized Command post. Great bit of kit that needs very little looking after

kimbers

fwiw KS have a fix for their integra problems,that allows for movement/stretch in the housing

its a free upgrade yp existing levs apparently

if it was my money I probably got for a reverb, ive got a ks dropzone and its not been that reliable, but very nice when itt works

my gravity dropper is much more reliable, but clunkier, and Ive had zero problems with sticky cable in years of all weather use (unlike the KS)

climbingkev
    Free Member

And I thought I liked a rant! Happy Lev owner here, not the internally routed one. Isteered clear of hydraulic since everyone I know has returned them at least once and when the lever brakes it’s £50 and a bleed. I have a mate with one sat in the corner of a garage as he’d rather take the financial hit than “burdon some poor bastard with it”! They all have their horror stories, just a little context for you.

goodgrief
    Free Member

I have the Yep Uptomizer HC and can say it’s been flawless.
    I can see it wouldn’t work with all frames because you need some free cable movement at the base of the post.

Northwind

KS have a wee bit of a history of launching products that aren’t quite 100% sorted. But also of fixing the faults for free. The version 1.1s are usually great and the Lev Integra seems to be there now.

I’ve just bought a Reverb Stealth but with great trepidition.

P20

I’ve got the reverb stealth on my Liteville. It works, but it’s not right. I’ve screwed up something when I installed it. It only works on its fastest setting and there’s some take up (couple of mm). I’ve bled it multiple times without any benefit. Yet I’ve managed to install two normal reverbs without problem. It’s a neat solution though.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Seriously what frames take a 34.9 seat post, that is one heck of an internal diameter.
    That would make the external diameter about 40mm.

DT78
    Free Member

Scott.

In my case a 2013 carbon scale

pita.

chiefgrooveguru

Seriously what frames take a 34.9 seat post, that is one heck of an internal diameter.
    That would make the external diameter about 40mm.

http://www.liteville.de/t/25_29.html

P20

Liteville 301 is 34.9mm

yoshimi

Specialized Command IR

Mine works pretty well

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Well you learn something new every day.

How do these frames fit front mechs? And where did the need for such a large diameter post come from?

coatesy
    Free Member

The need probably comes from wanting to run dropper posts(easier to fit all their internal gubbins into larger tubes, easier to create one that’s not wobbly or flexy), and front mech’s are catered for with direct mount, E-types, or good old fashioned marketing of single ring being much better.Oh,and no long term reports yet, but the modified Lev Integra system is head & shoulders above the original that should never have been sold to the majority of bike companies that specced it(and in fairness, if they had tested them, there’s no way they should have specced them either*). *from somebody who’s had to clear up their s**t yet again.

sillyoldman

New style Integra is spot on. Southpaw lever improves it further if you’re running a 1x drivetrain.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just fitted a Reverb stealth (from Merlin) to a Trek Remedy. Went on no problems and works perfectly. Time will tell how robust it is, obviously.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Dropper posts like reverb stealth’ is closed to new replies.