Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Drogba playing peek-a-booo
  • ransos
    Free Member

But really if you cannot see the difference….?!?

Of course there’s a difference: rugby players give it some “yes sir, no sir” before resuming cheating. Why on earth rugbyists think the lack of backchat or diving is evidence of superiority to football is something of a mystery. I don’t recall seeing fake blood, gouging or spear tackles on MOTD…

Where I do think that football could learn from rugby is, as others have mentioned, through the use of citing, video technology, and the sin bin.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ah bless here is one of the respectful rugbyist nice boys being reported for biting a player during the game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17440125

Aye it is much nicer and more disciplined and respectful than wendy ball

MSP

Hartley had a six-month ban for eye gouging while playing for Northampton against Wasps in 2007.

No thuggery in the game at all, its all perfect and respectful, played be gentlemen la la la la.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Massive FAIL from you both. No-one argues that there is no foul play in rugby. But look at how it was dealt with. Did Ferriss roll around or play act? Did he and his team mates swarm around the ref? Did the English react and doing their own swarming and telling the ref to FO? Did 15-30 players get involved? Did anyone actually bite him or was he merely play acting!?!?!

Or did the player go over to the ref, indicate foul play, ref react in calm manner, captains listen to ref, ref make clear point, game move on, no BS from team coaches and disciplinary action started quickly and effectively?

Watch and learn footie fans and the FA/FIFA (of course JY unless you want me to quote your last post to TJ on the nuclear thread 😉 but I will cut you some slack after enduring all that nuclear nonsense. Have you guys not learned?).

MSP

Yeh, arguing with the ref is so much worse than biting, or trying to gouge someone’s eye out.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

MSP – two fails don’t make a pass!! Who’s arguing in favour of biting or gouging?

Junkyard
    Free Member

THM you have only partially answered my question so I have defeated you with my simple logic apparently 😯
    ok fair point and well [ and humorously ] made

MSP

Well you seem to be trying to argue that Rugby is a game of gentlemen where eye gauging and biting as accepted as part of the game, while football is a despicable game of thuggery because of a bit of play acting and back chat.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

+1

ransos
    Free Member

Well you seem to be trying to argue that Rugby is a game of gentlemen where eye gauging and biting as accepted as part of the game, while football is a despicable game of thuggery because of a bit of play acting and back chat.

+1. Play acting and back chat is chicken feed compared to some of the stuff rugby players get up to.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yes, but in Rugby the ‘victim’ (or drogba) doesn’t waste 5 minutes clutching a random part of his body in faux agony while his team mates call the ref evey name under the sun untill he gives them a penalty. Followed by the guilty (or not) party’s team wasting another 5 minutes performing a similar pantomime to get the decison overturned.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry Ransos. I an not qualified to comment on football as I am obviously watching a different game. 😉 Which form of football is skullduggery limited to play acting and back chat. U8?

Both sports have violence on the field – but they deal with them very differently. That is the difference. Its a completely false portrayal to suggest that rugby is a despicable game of thuggery while football merely suffers from a bit of play acting and back chat.

Last minute of RWC semi final – Fr vs Wales, Wales feel very aggrieved and have battled hard. A French player and a Welsh player size up to each other, whistle goes and the clenched fists transform into a handshake.

And the contrast with a Cattermole (? spelling) or a Ballatelli could not be clearer….

ransos
    Free Member

Teahurtmore, I think you need to re-read the thread. Some on here are citing a lack of diving and backchat as evidence of rugby’s moral superiority, whilst conveniently overlooking the other forms of blatant cheating, including some especially nasty acts of violence. They also overlook the fact that in both sports, the cheating that occurs is simply a function of a) what gives them an advantage, and b)what they can get away with.

I don’t think that footballers are due any ethics lessons from rugbyists.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well we shall simply agree to differ then ransos!

( But try PEDs and you might get the rugbyists (WTF is that) on slightly shakier moral ground [allegedly] 😉 )

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Drogba playing peek-a-booo’ is closed to new replies.