• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Drift HD helmet cams
  • DickBarton

Hi,

Managed to order myself one of these rather cheaply and I’m just wondering if anyone is using it just now and how weatherproof it is without the waterproof case around it?

Also how have you mounted it to wherever it’s been mounted?

The GoPro has a rather tidy chest mount but the Drift doesn’t…I’m wondering how easy it will be to mount to frame?

It films in 1080 as well as 720 – as the stuff is more than likely going to be for my own entertainment I’m thinking 720 would be ok as I’m not needing cinema-quality for myself as I’ll be watching it on a PC…but, does the wide angle lens make the shot look worse in 720 than in 1080 i.e. is the fish eye even more exaggerated?

I’m not too sure where this is actually going as I think I have a fair few questions but I don’t actually know what they are yet…I guess the first area of questions would be –

Does anyone have any links to an idiot’s guide to setting up a camera on a rider/bike for a good range of footage? Also what to consider whilst filming and editing…I’m interested in reading up on some guides and how-tos so I don’t bore myself senseless when I get the camera and film a half hour of me riding in a few straight lines to see if it actually works!

I have seen a fair few cracking videos on here from members so I’m looking for advice as a complete newbie at this, cheers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Drift HD helmet cams’ is closed to new replies.