Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Draw this… a STW weekly art project.
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

Lets see your Mono Lisa copy then

why would i waste time copying an already existing image? i can understand drawing from a 3d sculpture as that’s going to help your visual and spatial awareness but not from a photograph of a painting.

did plenty of drawing from life/still life/architecture at art college years ago but never from a photograph, maybe they teach drawing differently these days.

yunki
    Free Member

stop squeazing your balls quite so tightly as you type Mr smith.. your teeth might gnash less..

how do you propose that we change the format of this light hearted thread to bring it more into line with your expectations..?

MrSmith
    Free Member

i’m not squeezing anything apart from a bit of cake that wants to fall apart.

redthunder
    Free Member

Oi. Smithy lets see you frog. 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

You could draw the frog eating a cake – the cake, being a life sketch, compensating for the photographic nature of said frog.

Or we could just wee in your shoes. The choice is yours. 8)

colournoise

Doesn’t REALLY matter what stimulus you draw from. Drawing is an eye-brain-hand skill and you can place the emphasis in whatever aspect of that you want to.

Drawing has different purposes. If you want to use it to ‘accurately’ depict reality (an impossible aim) then observational drawing from real objects is obviously where you develop your skills.

In its purest sense though, drawing is making marks on a surface. To do this in an interesting and visually exciting way it really doesn’t matter whether you draw from imagination, a photograph or reality.

slainte ➡ rob

MrSmith
    Free Member

i am currently residing about 400m from where Pelophylax ridibundus was introduced to the U.K. i’m not about to go and find one to draw though. (or photography and then copy)

Pook

redthunder
    Free Member

Very good stuff so far. Some interesting takes on the original image.

Anymore work in progress out there ?

Any suggestions next Friday.

racefaceec90

yes can it be something like a stick person by some scenery (drawn in a childlike fashion) then i reckon i could enter then 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

@raceface

Anything is good. Its your take on the source image.

Militant_biker

Been having a think of something autumny to post, here’s a photo of mine;

but also wanted something more varied than just some leaves, so how about;

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Praha,_Stod%C5%AFlky,_Velk%C3%A1_Ohrada,_o%C5%99echy_V.jpg[quote]This image is a work by Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons user Aktron.
    When reusing, please credit me as: Aktron / Wikimedia Commons.[/quote]

wooobob

redthunder
    Free Member

Next topic/ theme here.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-art-club-autumn-theme-14102011-to-21102011

Remember First Rule of Art is Club 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Draw this… a STW weekly art project.’ is closed to new replies.