Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • dr. dre headphones
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone use these?

My son is after a pair for his birthday, found this sitewhere the prices seem a tad more reasonable.

Not sure what to buy, ‘Studio’ ones I think.

I know there are probably better headphones for the same money, but try telling that to a 13 year old.

Edit: having researched that site it looks dodgy, no contact details, long shipping times and a few ‘don’t touch it’ comments on the internet.

dogbert
    Free Member

that site doesn’t look legit to me, i think i’d be looking at Amazon

Jamie
    Free Member

1) Be careful of fakes, I would always buy from a know seller…..even on Amazon make sure its coming from Amazon themselves as not reseller.

2) They actually sound ok.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

In think the solo hd’s would be better price wise.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I have both the pros and the tour headphones. I bought both sets in duty free, one pair on the way to America and they were so good (for my tastes) that I bought the pros on the way back.

The studio beats feel flimsy due to the plastic however they sound ok. I’m guessing that if they are for you son you dont really care what they sound like.

Just get the cheap pair, the studios have the active noise cancelling which is why they are more. Your son will oy want them for the name.

Potter
    Free Member

Just been brought a set of these for my bday to replace a set of shure ones and I must admit I don’t think they are as good,I really think everyone has just fell into the whole hype thing
    Mine will be going back 100%

timc
    Free Member

Id be after some sennheissers for that kind of money, although i guess its what the young one wants!

Cougar

I was looking at a pair of Dr Dre in-ear headphones in a M&S catalogue not five minutes ago (and wondering what the world had come to). You might try there?

Gary_M
    Free Member

he’s already got a set of sennheisers but they’re not cool enough 😉 he has them plugged into his guitar amp though so he does use them.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I Have a pair of the solos and I’m pleased with them. They fold up nicely so are easy to travel with.

Be vary wary of fakes. There is a HUGE list of known fake sites on the offical site.

I’d link to it but on my phone in Devon where I don’t think they’ve heard of the Internet.

MM

allthegear
    Free Member

I have the solo HD ones and like ten. Lots of bass – maybe even too much. Depends what he listens to?

Rachel

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m a bit confused as to what the solo hd’s are – are they an on-ear headphone? I’ve read some reviews which suggests they are kind off in ear and it’s hard to tell from the pics what size they are.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘dr. dre headphones’ is closed to new replies.