• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • downhill goggles for sweaty faces?
  • MSP

Anyone found a particular model any better for not misting up?

I tried some Oakley ones a few years ago, but found they misted up quite badly, since then i have just worn sunglasses with my full face helmet, but that isn’t a particularly comfortable option either.

Anyone found a decent solution?

jam-bo

don’t you take them off when you aren’t going downhill?

sharkattack

Try punching a few 1mm hole around the edge of the lens. The extra air flow clears them faster but that’s just a really nasty weather solution for me. I don’t have a problem with particularly misty lenses.

You say you only tried one set of goggles, a number of years ago? I’d just get something decent and go from there. I’ve got some Fox Mains and you get get five lenses for £15.

Lester
    Free Member

i had the same problems with oakleys that i used skiing, and then i tried some goggles by “SPY” i dont seem to have the same problem with those.
    if i remember correctly SMITHs used to do some goggles with a small battery operated fan in them 🙂

andyrm
    Free Member

Vizion seem very good for not misting up – I can put mine on at the top of a climb, sweating, and get no misting at all.

http://www.viziongoggles.com/index.php

cnud
    Free Member

I use snow Oakleys with the double pane and anti fog treatment. Works a treat and you can pick them up for peanuts at this time if year. I got some £200 airframes for £80, still expensive but you get 2 of these special lenses. Cheaper models available though

gazc
    Free Member

i used to take all the foam out of the vents in my oakleys/drill extra holes in the lenses – worked better for riding but would only ever put them on just before starting a run/take them straight off at the bottom too to prevent them getting too misted up when stopped

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘downhill goggles for sweaty faces?’ is closed to new replies.