Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sheffield Peregrines : 2014
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

Mum and Dad did a brilliant job last year, despite the cold. With a little luck They’ll raise another family of beautiful killers in 2014.

Click here for Cuteness and Gore!

Mods! wrong forum! disaster!

anyhoo, right now one of the adults is having a nap.

ahwiles
    Free Member

An Egg!

we’ve got an egg!

ahwiles
    Free Member

2 eggs now.

and 2 more adults have been seen in the area, Putting ‘our’ parents in an edgy mood.

(if you look at the feed, you’ll see the male(?) on the eggs, he’s very alert, usually he just looks half asleep)

that’s 4 adult peregrines now hanging the centre of Sheffield! Our pigeons must have a reputation for being tasty, slow, or both…

thepodge
    Free Member

I suspect there are enough pigeons to feed a lot more than that

ahwiles
    Free Member

3 eggs now.

here’s a photo of Dad, giving a crow a hard time.

how long before one of the local breweries knocks up a ‘Peregrine Ale’…?

thepodge
    Free Member

balls, I keep meaning to check this when I’m home as work have blocked the site

pondo

I keep track of the Nottingham Trent ones (or did…) – the female popped an egg out last week so fired up the webcam in the morning, thought I’d keep an eye on it. Next morning, there’s an email from one of the IT bods –
    “Today for the first time I can ever recall, Education topped the browse category for users. 159,251 hits (of 159,901 total hits) were done by you. You generated more hits than all the hits for all UK and Spanish users combined to Information technology sites! “

So I haven’t looked since. 🙁

ahwiles
    Free Member

I caught a glimpse of a fluffy white chick 5mins ago.

watch out pigeons, they’re hungry now.

ahwiles
    Free Member

3 chicks having a nap/cuddle while mum prepares their first meal – a coot!

2nd meal; a pigeon:

ahwiles
    Free Member

feeding time!

(that pigeon really does not look well…)

racefaceec90

they all like to hide in the corner now (chicks).

no doubt fed up of people like me watching their every move 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m guessing the corner is the spoy sheltered from the prevailing wind, they should have the camera the other side.

ahwiles
    Free Member

now, i’m not promising anything, but right now (15:33) the chicks are awake and restless (hungry?), maybe this will be a cue for Mum and Dad to fetch them a spot of afternoon tea….

chambord
    Free Member

When did they hatch? Quick google suggests they stay in the nest for 6 (ish) weeks, but I’ve just had a look and they look quite grown up (Still a bit downy on the breast) – all perched on the edge of the box looking at the wonder that is Sheffield.

Pigeons of Sheffield better watch out

ahwiles
    Free Member

they hatched over a period of a few days, the 1st chick hatched on the 28th April, they’ve grown very quickly, pigeon is clearly good ‘growing’ food!

taken on the 2nd June:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield Peregrines : 2014’ is closed to new replies.