Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)
  • Dope as a pain killer.
  • crikey
    Free Member

Dr Myhill?

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Flow, you’ve got a new film out haven’t you? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204342/

flow
    Free Member

Well, how much experience do you have of dealing with people in pain? That’s real pain, not ‘Oh maan, we’ve got no pizza left’ pain…

Well the OP’s mother has FM, I have CFS which is similar. I ache and have trouble sleeping and smoke weed which helps it.

Surely the OP wanted to hear from people like me and not a bunch of anti drug, middle class lard asses who have no experience of either.

TJ did say he suffered from CFS too though for most of his adult life. Maybe thats why I am almost better after just a year, I wasn’t scared to think outside the box. The drugs I got from my doctor caused awful side effects and if anything made me worse.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Maybe you recovered differently because of different causes? CFS is most likely a term for a range of conditions resulting from psychological causes to Lyme’s disease.

Yes, let’s slam medical science because you didn’t get on with a few drugs. Maybe you have a genetic disposition and metabolize certain drugs in a different way to the majority of the population and were therefore more likely to get severe sides. That’s where again, medical science and not quackery can fill in by personalizing drugs for the individual user through genetic testing.

crikey
    Free Member

I’m sure your essential silliness has been pointed out previously, but if you have Chronic Fatigue, getting stoned regularly is probably not a great idea given that one of the features of long term use of said drug is a certain amount of lethargy.

Whatever, you seem to be too dim to reason with.

Anti drug? I handle more drugs in a day than you could imagine, and I’m not wrecked so I can observe their effects.

Middle Class? maybe, but then you’re not a working class hero are you?

Lard ass? Try harder munchie boy.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Did you even try psychotherapy flow? There is a rule Flow, EVERY drug no matter whether it is NATURAL or synthesized has side effects. You alter one molecular pathway in the body and there is always…and I do mean always unintended consequences.

flow
    Free Member

I’m sure your essential silliness has been pointed out previously, but if you have Chronic Fatigue, getting stoned regularly is probably not a great idea given that one of the features of long term use of said drug is a certain amount of lethargy.

Clearly if it made me more fatigued I wouldn’t smoke it, I said it helps.

Whatever, you seem to be too dim to reason with.

Obviously. The content of your posts shows you are way more intelligent than me 😆

bwaarp
    Free Member

Actually it really does, this isn’t even a challenge. Every post of yours is getting shot down in flames.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

from people like me and not ………. middle class lard asses

TopTip : If you are going to come out with stuff like that, then it’s probably best not to add “I wasn’t scared to think outside the box”

crikey
    Free Member

The content of your posts shows you are way more intelligent than me

I’ve got cheese in my fridge more intelligent than you, so that’s hardly a compliment.

flow
    Free Member

Look at crikey throwing out the insults. Surely its past your bed time, you’ve got school in the morning.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I wasn’t scared to think outside the box

You see the problem with this flow is that people who do think outside the box, change the world and are considered geniuses…..tread a very fine line between rebelliousness and deference to their teachers. Which you do not. If you are to rebellious, you fail to ever get a proper grasp of a subject. If you can’t think outside the box at all then you will never make outstanding progress in a field.

My favourite topic within my field is genetics, in particular chromosomal instability. I’ve studied it closely for about four years now which is not much at all. You’ve read a few websites on the internet and now claim that medical science is bollocks. How’s that for having an “open” mind.

crikey
    Free Member

Nah mate, I’ve been at work all day, giving people drugs, that work, that aren’t bought from Bob on the corner, that I know the strength of, that have been properly researched.

I’m insulting you because I enjoy shooting fish in barrels.

flow
    Free Member

I’m insulting you because I enjoy shooting fish in barrels.

No you are trying to insult me because you are a bell end.

crikey
    Free Member

LOL, that’s your most intelligent contribution to this thread so far. Well done, you probably need a lie down and a schmoke?

bwaarp
    Free Member

Face it you lost and he’s insulting you because you don’t know how infuriating it is dealing with sick people all day and then reading the ramblings of fools who don’t know any better. Do you know how annoying it is at school to be laughed at by stoners for working hard? Think of this as payback.

flow
    Free Member

STFU, watch this and learn something….for once.

bwaarp
    Free Member

And I agree with some of what is said about cannabis. Therefore I’ll wait till it’s put through the proper trials and released in a controlled manner if I ever get MS etc. What I won’t do is give someone medical advice on taking the stuff, especially in an uncontrolled environment.

crikey
    Free Member

Yes….

Because I’m going to spend 50 minutes watching some cannabis related documentary at half past midnight in the hope that it will illuminate me about a recreational drug after I’ve spent 25 years working in critical care.

When you end up in real pain, I suspect you will not be asking for a joint.

flow
    Free Member

Watch it, when you come back to this thread you will have a totally different opinion.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Crikey on another topic. Just off the cuff….just started doing clinical case studies at uni….Bilirubin (60 umol/l), Alkaline Transaminase (200 IU/L), GGT (800 IU/L), ALP (350 IU/L) <<< (this is only just elevated, in a biliary tract obstruction this would be massively elevated wouldn’t it?). Would you say that’s probably Alcoholic Liver Disease if the patients history points to that, without any other underlying diseases? I’ve never studied this before on my Biomedical degree. I’m trying to get my head around the markers of hepatocellular vs cholestatic disease.

crikey
    Free Member

No, I won’t.

Before I was a nurse I smoked lots and lots and lots of cannabis. Been there, got that Fabulous Furry Freak Bros. T-shirt. Looked at all the counter culture stuff, lived it, smoked it, ate it. Used it for recreation, used it to self medicate, used it to get through the day.

It really isn’t all that, and when you eventually realise this, you will be better for it.

crikey
    Free Member

ALD is not a strong point of mine, and I suspect that the markers you are using will have fairly well defined limits above which the suspicion will be more or less confirmed. My/our take on any substance abuse related issues tends to be that ultimately it is more useful to consider how or if it is fixable rather than how it was caused. We rarely bother with any kind of toxicology screen unless it is pertinent to the actual treatment; this was best described by a crusty old consultant who said ‘It’s like asking what colour of car knocked you down’. Biomedical studies will be more specific, but from a practical point of view we treat what goes wrong rather than what we find or suspect.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Yeah, I believe it’s to check whether the chap brought in who has a history of intoxication is showing early signs of liver disease (enlargement). So that a biopsy isn’t performed without need, something like that anyhow. The ranges are actually quite hard to find, we haven’t been given them and we can only use primary sources to back up our statements. Can’t even run to the NHS guidelines! The tossers! Thanks anyway!

flow
    Free Member

Well Crikey, your narrow mindedness is restricting your knowledge.

The more you know, the more you realize how little you know, so if you think you know everything then you know nothing.

Typical NHS.

Edit: That video confirms everything I said making you lot look rather stupid.

Bye for now.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Actually we’re not damning medical science and proclaiming we know better. We don’t pretend to know everything about medicine like you do. Besides don’t blame the NHS the stuff isn’t legal, remember the whole shit throwing contest over what the NHS employed drug advisers to Whitehall said. The NHS just has to tow government policy…. most of the time.

Keep sticking it to tha’ man yeah! :mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Or perhaps crikey with his many years of knowledge and experience painstaking gained actually understands the issues rather better than you do? Just a thought?

Or are you still refusing to hear anything you don’t want to?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Or perhaps crikey with his many years of knowledge and experience painstaking gained actually understands the issues rather better than you do? Just a thought?

TJ, do you know crickey personally? Hands up everyone who’s been to the local Dr and found their knowledge lacking in one way or another?

Some of the posters on this thread who work in the medical field are positioning themselves as the font of all knowledge…which is of course very silly. I’m not making a case for cannabis as a medicine one way or another, but I think there is a lot that we don’t yet know about the plant, such as, which of the many cannabinoids (beyond THC, CBD, CBN etc.) and in what combinations, effect the body/mind and in what way.

some articles

flow
    Free Member

Clearly not, if you watch the video it proves you all wrong, infact it makes you look stupid.

I especially like the parts about pain, how cannabis is an analgesic, how it is effectively used to treat depression, anxiety, PTSD, and insomnia.

These aren’t small studies either, over 30 years of research.

“Medical professionals” owned in at their own game!

Flow 1 – Know it all’s 0

GAME OVER

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

BikePawl
    Free Member

TJ did say he suffered from CFS too though for most of his adult life.

TJ has also said on the internet that he can see stress auras, doesn’t mean it is true.

flow
    Free Member

I don’t think I have ever made so many people look so stupid at once before, this is quality.

Just in case you missed the link

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Md2WNqqxTQ[/video]

teasel
    Free Member

TBH the gloating from both sides is really quite sad, especially when it’s backed-up with comments on getting payback for previously received ridicule and the like.

Have a word, chaps…

flow
    Free Member

You’re right Teasel, but when you have so many deluded idiots thinking they are correct because they are “medical professionals” they need to be put straight. **** amateurs.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Of course a piece on youtube is definitive. 🙄

Most of the medical professionals accept cannabis could have medical uses indeed some are generally accepted. However it has serious and common side effects.

However flow is talking obvious nonsense and is offering bad advice from a position of ignorance.

deviant
    Free Member

There’s only one way to settle this….(no not Harry Hill’s now infamous ‘FIGHT’….that’s been played out far too much on this forum)….

We arrange a forum rideout, Flow volunteers to fall off in an amusing way and breaks a limb, when we’ve all finished laughing he gets to medicate the pain….we’ll have a joint on standby and we’ll also have some lovely opiates….obviously Flow gets to have the joint first, if it stops his pain then we’ll all have had our eyes opened and we’ll throw the other meds in a bush or something….if however he’s still in pain he can have the prescription meds, maybe.

We can film it and somebody could write it up as a nice piece for the next issue of Singletrack….titled: What pain meds to carry in your rucksack when bivvy bagging?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Of course a piece on youtube is definitive

are you claiming that THC Creative Media and Marijuanna Movies have an agenda or something 😯
    Is what I read at creation.org also a little one sided?
    Please say it is not so TJ

Flow aagin no one is really debating whether it does or it does not work [clearly it has effects I have inhaled] what we are saying is it needs proper research. Proper research is not a stoner googling on Youtube to post up what other stoners have said.

nealglover
    Free Member

This thread has put me off two things.

1. Smoking Dope
    2. Being a Medical Professional.

You are all acting like total twunts.

kaesae
    Free Member

Quite right proper research carried out by the very industry that stands too lose out if it is proven too work.

Groovy man, pure genius!

So basically anyone thinking of using cannabis to get relief from pain or suffering, should wait until there is proper research done, or at the very least give the pharmaceutical industry a chance to make a product that they can sell to us, for eh money!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Oh dear god what part of the medical industry don’t you get, big pharma companies are already making money off cannabis based drugs. They don’t lose out to “natural” drug’s as lot’s of “natural” drugs go onto become drugs that they put onto the market. They are much better at delivering drugs that are pure, of correct dosage and with lessened sides when compared to garden variety pot dealers.

It’s much harder to control consistency with plants, with the cannabis based drug solutions you can control the dosage therefore the pharmacokinetics and reduce the dosage to a therapeutic window that causes the least amount of sides.

God it’s like smashing your head against a brick wall.

yunki
    Free Member

Quite right proper research carried out by the very industry that stands too lose out if it is proven too work.

Groovy man, pure genius!

how are the pharma companies going to lose out..?

flow
    Free Member

Of course a piece on youtube is definitive

If you watched it you would see that its a bit more than just a youtube video.

Proper research is not a stoner googling on Youtube to post up what other stoners have said.

Obviously, but the research has already been done, I’m just pointing you lost sheep in the right direction.

It’s much harder to control consistency with plants

BS.

If they are cloned from the mother plant and grown the same way in a laboratory setting, ie with identical light, temp, humidity, soil ph, nutrients etc, they will turn out identical.

You’re right, it is like smashing your head against a brick wall, all you “medical professionals” haven’t got a clue.

So who actually watched the video and who is too narrow minded to bother?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Dope as a pain killer.’ is closed to new replies.