• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by teef.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Door to door sellers, a new opening line on me….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Get the shout off the kids that there’s someone at the door, I open up and I’m greeted with a shaven headed yoof and a big holdall, he then turns to me and says, “I’ve just got outa prison and I’m selling some stuff” 😯

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – we’ve had that. I think its some sort of rehabilitation scheme. Seems quite sensible.

Klunk
    Free Member

his mates are breaking in round the back 😉

seahouse
    Free Member

Did he have a G4S uniform on

paulosoxo
    Free Member

“I’ve just got outa prison and I’m selling some stuff”

I had that two weeks ago.. He had a bag full of dusters and other random cack.

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve had the same…was expecting god knows what when he opened the bag. I burst out laughing when I saw it was pegs and dusters!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had a couple of people in the past who had varying disabilities doing the same thing but this lad was straight to the point!! Think he might need to tweak his sales patter to be fair.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Yip, we’ve had that. Not here though. Round here they are just about to go to prison and are selling off way more than pegs and dusters door to door. Biggest thing was some guy trying to flog a brand new kingsized matress door to door.

monksie
    Free Member

I’ve had a few calls at work about this from ‘Concerned of Middle England’. I checked with the Probation Service. Nope! They’d be having a serious word with anybody on parole who was dong this.
    Seems a bit harsh. Maybe the Prob. Service would rather they begged or went on the rob?

br
    Free Member

Its been going on for years; well in affluent areas anyway 😉

andy7t2
    Free Member

I had that two weeks ago.. He had a bag full of dusters and other random crack.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I seem to remember a copper I know telling me that they are breaking the law by not having a Pedlars License, that he regards them with suspicion and that they are bussed in to town in an organised system, from somewhere beyond the pale, Slough or Reading perhaps.

Where I am it’s ok to call the cops (not 999) if you see them. IIRC.

druidh
    Free Member

The guys I’ve seen all have identification with them. Like I said, it’s some sort of organised rehabilitation scheme.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

“I’ve just got outa prison and I’m selling some stuff”

Well at least he was honest. 😕

Coyote
    Free Member

I saw it was pegs…

SaxonRider

I laughed at the original post, but I have actually had a couple of similar folk around my house when I lived in North Cardiff, and always tried to buy at least something to support them.

It seems like a good idea. Anyway, one can never have too many rags for bike and/or car washing.

teef
    Free Member

I was going to buy something off one of them until he told me it was £7 for a set of dusters (60p at Wilkos) – sent him on his way.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Door to door sellers, a new opening line on me….’ is closed to new replies.