Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • don't trust your doctor
  • PMK2060

I got knocked off the bike today by a car that overtook me and then turned left. I ended up hitting the car and then the deck.

The driver stopped and i recognised him immediately as he used to be my GP.

He denied that he had come into contact with me initially but luckily their were several witnesses who saw what happened and he eventually conceded that he must have hit me. He has offered to pay for any repairs to the bike. I was happy with this at first but decided to phone the police when i got home.

I am in severe pain at the moment with badly bruised ribs and will be off the bike for a few days. It is the first off i have every had on the road and hopefully it will be my last.

I wish i had phoned the police straight away because he must have either been drinking or some other issue not to have seen me. Waiting to hear what the police say tomorrow.

thepodge
    Free Member

What does someone’s profession have to do with this?

cynic-al
    Free Member

nice 2nd post put-down!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

podge +1 but hope you recover soon.

PMK2060

thepodge – i was joking. it was just a surprise that it was someone i knew.

mintimperial

Unlucky. Make sure you follow up with the rozzers and get his rights read to him if possible.

I am in severe pain at the moment

I’d be off to A and E with that just in case, not all doctors are idiots and you might get some interesting analgesics out of it.

Hope you heal quickly!

project
    Free Member

He may have been recruiting patients to practice on.

PMK2060

i have been to A&E and they have said i have badly bruised ribs but nothing is broken.

hopefully i will be back on the bike in a few days.

project
    Free Member
    big_n_daft
    Free Member

I wish i had phoned the police straight away because he must have either been drinking or some other issue not to have seen me. Waiting to hear what the police say tomorrow.

What does someone’s profession have to do with this?

I suggest a google on the prevalence of drug and alcohol issues amongst the medical profession

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘don't trust your doctor’ is closed to new replies.