Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Done the TMB and Walkers Haute Route. What next?
  • Spin
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a similar alpine adventure for next summer?

Much obliged.

ElShalimo

GR20 in Corsica

Spin
    Free Member

Any more to offer on that? Have you done it?

Cheers

grizedaleforest

I’ve done the GR20 and have also done the TMB. GR20 is a different kettle of fish in terms of physical demands and the mountain terrain it traverses. The full GR20 is normally 2 weeks (I think) although mates and I did it in 10 days (back when I was a lad and very mountain fit). The terrain is very rugged in the northern section. You could just do the northern section which would be a week. Accommodation is in refuges. It is very beautiful indeed, best done in the Spring.

Spin
    Free Member

Perhaps I should have said that I meant on the bike rather than walking.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The Cirque de la Soitude on a bike!!!!!! 😉

grizedaleforest

The Cirque de la Soitude on a bike!!!!!!

Good one!

Grump
    Free Member

Chamonix to Grindlewald sounds good. or just pick 2 arbitrary alpine towns you like and have a go at linking them, once you start checking the maps it’s amazing how many lifts run in the height of summer and will let you put bikes on….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not as independent but Trail Addiciton are considering running the Trans Savoie route as a guided holiday.

Spin
    Free Member

Any other suggestions?

jameso

A route based on the GR5 Geneva-Nice. A good post on here ages back. 3 of us used that as inspiration for a 10-day bike-packer ride last year, amazing trip. http://www.flickr.com/photos/67338272@N05/sets/72157631189677422/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Done the TMB and Walkers Haute Route. What next?’ is closed to new replies.