Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Donald Trumps Golf Course
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Not new news particularly

But still rumbling on. Do you think he'll get those folk out of their homes or not?

aracer
    Free Member

I can see scenes from HHGTTG if they try.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I doubt it will ever be built myself and he has no chance on the compulsory purchase orders.

Remember it is not about a golf course – its about building hundreds of holiday homes.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Either way, it's about money, going into his pocket. I hope you're right about the CPOs.

SaxonRider

May he fail miserably, and go back to NY with his tail between his legs. 👿

westkipper
    Free Member

In general, I've been pleasantly surprised at the SNPs time in government, but the single biggest bad mark against them has to be their conduct over Trumps plans- proof that money talks.

druidh
    Free Member

I just don't "get" it. All he's promising is jobs and investment. Surely there must be more to it than that?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I've kinda lost track of which of these US mega millionaires is which. There's that one who installed a one armed bandit in his house to get the pocket money back off his kids – a stroke of genius, and the one who has a pet ginger ferret on his head, this golf thing is ferret head man, right?

metalheart
    Free Member

The guy must be smoking some premium crack if he things the 'deen is a worldwide holiday destination choice. Can't remember the last time we actually had a summer. Rained June & July. There was some okay weather with an admitted fine day or two before torrential rain in late October/November. And then it snowed…

I find the way the snp have fawned all over the wierdly coiffed one is despicable. Money talks for sure. Its so obviously all about money.

I for one hope that Trump Towers never gets built.

And thats not even mentioning the SSSI slap bang in the middle of it.

check this out, start about 3 minutes in.

epicyclo

If there are compulsory purchases, it is going to cost the SNP a lot of their vote. People who remember the Clearances.

druidh
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

And I'm sure a fair number of the CP residents will move for the 'right' price, stop belly-aching.

westkipper
    Free Member

Are you so sure b r?
    Not everyone considers money the most important thing in life.
    I understand the reasons for C.P.s for important national strategic purposes, but this is simply a commercial decision by a private company that is used to getting its own way.

BTW, isn't it reassuring that all the money, power and influence Trump has cant compensate for the absurdity of his attempts to cover up male pattern baldness. 🙂

SaxonRider

druidh – Member
    I just don't "get" it. All he's promising is jobs and investment. Surely there must be more to it than that?

I'm surprised that a mountain biker would say such a thing! There are dunes there that Trump's plans are threatening. It is not about f-ing scenery for its own sake. It's about people's lives and an ecosystem.

You might not be able to eat scenery, but you can get off your a$$, get creative and think of a million other ways to economically sustain a community.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I…………. this golf thing is ferret head man, right?

Correct. Ferret head man – a stroke of genius

bruneep

It'll nae be seen in the summer as its a pea souper most of the summer off the Balmedie coast anyhoo.

westkipper
    Free Member

You're laughing,
    but you wouldn't be laughing if you were one of the twenty ferrets that had there lives compulsorily purchased for the vanity of Donald Trump.

druidh
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    >druidh – Member
    >I just don't "get" it. All he's promising is jobs and investment. Surely >there must be more to it than that?

I'm surprised that a mountain biker would say such a thing!

Really? Do you think we are all some cookie-cutter eco-warrior types?

There are dunes there that Trump's plans are threatening. It is not about f-ing scenery for its own sake. It's about people's lives and an ecosystem.

You might not be able to eat scenery, but you can get off your a$$, get creative and think of a million other ways to economically sustain a community.

Unfortunately, it would appear no one has – despite the passage of several years. However, it seems like it's not so hard after all. What are your ideas?

SaxonRider

Really? Do you think we are all some cookie-cutter eco-warrior types?

Nope. Just people who might appreciate being able to ride into a future with a landscape to ride.

Unfortunately, it would appear no one has – despite the passage of several years. However, it seems like it's not so hard after all. What are your ideas?

That's up to the people who live there. But there are examples worldwide of economically depressed areas that have re-invented themselves and been able to generate new sources of income without annihilating the very land they live on. Even dogs don't $h1t where they sleep.

westkipper
    Free Member

Druidh, one of the main problems is that the plans could have been revised to be acceptable to everyone, but Trump doesn't work like that- its either 'my way or the highway'
    The long term jobs created are unlikely to be too valuable, have you ever worked in tourism/ hotel cleaning etc? trust me, its usually bottom of the barrel stuff.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As west Kipper says – its also a stealth development – its a huge timeshare complex disguised as a golfcourse – against local and national plans, ruining and SSSI and so on

Wrong development in the wrong place

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Donald Trumps Golf Course’ is closed to new replies.