Viewing 40 posts - 6,881 through 6,920 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • maxtorque

I have got a question for Ninfan and chewkw:

Are either of you married or have a girlfriend?

If so, could i ask what your reaction would be if i introduced myself to your wife or Girlfriend by sexually assaulting her? You both seem to find it “funny” that people don’t like Donald Trump, and i just wonder how you’d feel if you were personally treated as he treats others?

Genuine question, ignoring any politics, why do you support a man who treats women (amongst many others) as second class citizens?

Is that also how you will teach your children to behave?

kimbers

The WH spokesman on Newsnight NW is also scary!

where the fk does Trump find these people?

Im laughing, but I think Ill have nightmares

kimbers

Trumps creepy spokesman turns out to be no stranger to fake news…

Gorka has claimed repeatedly to have been an “expert witness” at the trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, including during televised news-appearances and in opinion articles. But in February 2017, reports emerged that Gorka had fabricated these claims. According to the U.S. Attorney in Massachusetts, Gorka never testified at the trial and prosecutors didn’t use his expertise in preparing or presenting any part of the case. Gorka’s name also does not appear in the trial record as a witness.[26] Instead, contrary to his claim, Gorka only had submitted an “expert report” to the court that ultimately was not used at the trial in any way. Gorka also made the “expert witness” claim on his personal website, which has since been taken offline.[27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Gorka

If Trump is surrounding himself with fantasists like this guy, I dont think its going to do him any favours

convert

Right, I’m going to have to find my own personal way through these Trump years. I resolve to try and ignore it as something I have no control over but like a moth to a lightbulb I return and catch glimpses of episodes like today’s press conference. I get so unhealthily angry at this total cretin so manifestly unsuitable for high office has been placed there by 63 million morons who clearly see something so irreconcilably different to me when they look at this man. I just hope he has a heart attack and shuffles off before I do. Or they build his wall that we can put a sodding great exclusion zone around and let them happily eat themselves or shoot themselves (I see he is repealing the Obama gun control for mentally ill people – useful) to death and we can recolonize when the dust has settled.

wilburt
    Free Member

Like the DM/Bexit/Trumpers that came to tea the other night they all seem to do the ‘lalala I’m not listening’ thing when challenged with facts.

Please take a look at that Miller fella he is the scariest human I have ever seen in public office.

kimbers

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUloI5CBSKA[/video]

maxtorque

Trumps press team just ignore any question they don’t want to answer, ie anything, anything at all, and they just avoid it by stone wall shouting “FAKE NEWS” or “biased journos” or whatever. Of course, there is no such thing as fake news. News is news, no matter if it’s true or false.

OED says:

You’ll note there is no mention of the validity of any statement made as “news”

kimbers

Trump is fake news

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRmCFRPhf8Q[/video]

his fanbois on here were telling us how he was going to be sideling the meedia that didnt play nicely

nope hes getting his arse handed to him on a plate, maybe he wont be so mean to Spicy now

theotherjonv

I don’t really get the point of pulling him up on every single incorrect fact, when it’s vaguely petty stuff like that one ^

OK, you can argue that it’s just another example of #alternatefacts and builds a story that you can’t trust anything he says, but I’d be homing in on the bloody great whoppers / policy lies. Let the rest ride.

Shouting liar at everything he says risks not distinguishing what really matters from all the rest of the daily crap.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i think the reason is that that one is so simple to prove its a lie so even his fans will not be able to deny it was not true.

They are the ones who need to be shown what he is doing not the rest of us

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I get so unhealthily angry at this total cretin so manifestly unsuitable for high office has been placed there by 63 million morons

I genuinely don’t understand this sort of attitude. So 63 million morons voted for a man unsuitable for high office, why is that a problem for you – have you got an undeclared interest? Otherwise I will assume that he is those 63 million morons President and not yours.

A couple of years ago the Polish people elected by a landslide an ultra-conservative, anti-immigrant/refugee, Eurosceptic government, the sort of government which Nigel Farage would approve of, I don’t recall an outpouring of grief when that happened.

Poland returns most rightwing parliament in Europe

So the United States has chosen an arsehole to lead them, there’s worst things imo happening in the world to lose sleep over.

convert

I genuinely don’t understand this sort of attitude. So 63 million morons voted for a man unsuitable for high office, why is that a problem for you – have you got an undeclared interest? Otherwise I will assume that he is those 63 million morons President and not yours.

Which is why you will see from the quote you have selectively clipped from I do try to ignore it…as I have no control….as it’s not my country. Only snag is the nation he got the reigns to is kind of a big deal (unlike Poland). We will feel the bow wash of Trump’s policies here in good time.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I guess if one voted Brexshit with the parochial, inward looking and isolationist mindset that this requires, one might want to ignore the geopolitical risks associated with an “arsehole” being in the/one of the most important political positions in the world.

Meanwhile, the rest of us can reach a more considered conclusion….

Junkyard
    Free Member

^^^ what he said

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

you will see from the quote you have selectively clipped

Well it was quite a long paragraph and I didn’t see the point of copying and pasting all of it. But I am happy to accept that you are trying to ignore it, even though it makes you ‘unhealthily angry’ and you are hoping that Trump will get a heart attack.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

one might want to ignore the geopolitical risks associated with an “arsehole” being in the/one of the most important political positions in the world.

Or you could simply ignore geopolitical risks associated with President Hillary Clinton.

batfink
    Free Member

srsly? Wow.

batfink
    Free Member

Or you could simply ignore geopolitical risks associated with President Hillary Clinton.

Still playing that card? Trumps biggest victory was convincing people that Hilary was as bad (or worse) as him. Do you honestly think the world is safer under the donald?

I think its going to be interesting at what point he crosses the line for each person:

Sexual assault’s ok, climate change denial’s ok, nepotism’s ok, tax avoidance ok, blatant lying is ok, mocking somebody with a disability is ok, blatantly racist remarks is ok, a demonstrated ignorance of world events is ok, illegal discrimination on religious grounds is ok….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319913-poll-trumps-approval-rating-drops-to-39-percent
    And to extrapolate one of ninfans earlier points
    I guess that makes 61% of Americans lefties then….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

batfink – Member

Still playing that card? Trumps biggest victory was convincing people that Hilary was as bad (or worse) as him. Do you honestly think the world is safer under the donald?

“Still” playing that card? When does Hillary Clinton stop being a warmonger and coup supporter – when it’s been said several times?

Of course the world is a safer place without Hillary Clinton as US president. We have already seen how dangerous the world becomes when the US president is a warmonger.

Sexual assault’s ok, climate change denial’s ok, nepotism’s ok, tax avoidance ok, blatant lying is ok, mocking somebody with a disability is ok, blatantly racist remarks is ok, a demonstrated ignorance of world events is ok, illegal discrimination on religious grounds is ok….

Because that’s what I said batfink isn’t it? It’s that sort of idiotic comment which reminds me of the futility of attempting serious debate.

convert

even though it he makes you ‘unhealthily angry’ and you are hoping that Trump will get a heart attack.

Oh, I’m not fussy. Heart attack, assassination, syphilis, choke to death on one of Melania’s false nails, it’s all good. Firmly believe the world will be a better and safer place without him in it.

piemonster

A couple of years ago the Polish people elected by a landslide an ultra-conservative, anti-immigrant/refugee, Eurosceptic government, the sort of government which Nigel Farage would approve of, I don’t recall an outpouring of grief when that happened.

I do. Not to the same scale but it definitely happened in my circles.

You sure your wasn’t too busy arguing about something on here to notice? 😛

DrJ

don’t really get the point of pulling him up on every single incorrect fact, when it’s vaguely petty stuff like that one ^

I think the point is that the alternative is that you start to normalise lies. It’s the thin end of a very thick wedge which ends up with disasters like brexshit. If you don’t stick to the facts and defend the truth then the discussion gets completely corrupted as we see on here with #jambafacts. It’s funny here. In real life it’s dangerous.

DrJ

“Like swiss tony returning everything to making love to a beautiful woman you can turn everything into a SNP rant “

LOL

DrJ

Global superpower Poland? I wonder why not.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

This can’t be good for him, can it?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39000389

lowey

Watching that Press Conference all I could think about was this….

wilburt
    Free Member

He has already normalised being a ****.

No competent person is going to join his team. It’ll end up a rag bag of nutjobs and desperadoes.

Making the next six months both entertaining and scary.

batfink
    Free Member

Because that’s what I said batfink isn’t it? It’s that sort of idiotic comment which reminds me of the futility of attempting serious debate.

Pfffff…..

What a said was:

I think its going to be interesting at what point he crosses the line for each person:

So come on – where’s the line for you? What would Donald have to do for you to start to think he may have been a worse choice than Clinton?

Sandwich

^^^ what he said

Oh (deity of choice here) we’re screwed Junkyard and Teamhurtmore have agreed. I’m off to panic buy as it’s the end of days.

DrJ

The WH spokesman on Newsnight NW is also scary!

Weird!!!

“Gorka has claimed repeatedly to have been an “expert witness” at the trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, including during televised news-appearances and in opinion articles. But in February 2017, reports emerged that Gorka had fabricated these claims. According to the U.S. Attorney in Massachusetts, Gorka never testified at the trial and prosecutors didn’t use his expertise in preparing or presenting any part of the case. Gorka’s name also does not appear in the trial record as a witness.[26] Instead, contrary to his claim, Gorka only had submitted an “expert report” to the court that ultimately was not used at the trial in any way. Gorka also made the “expert witness” claim on his personal website, which has since been taken offline.[27]

Gorka is a member of the Order of Vitéz (Vitézi Rend), an hereditary order of merit which was founded by Miklós Horthy in 1920.[28][29][30] Although required to list and renounce his membership in the Vitézi Rend, an order prohibited along with other Nazi-linked organizations, on his N-400 Application for Naturalization in 2012 when he sought U.S. citizenship, Gorka appeared on FOX News on Inauguration evening dressed in the uniform and wearing the badge, tunic, and ring of the Vitezi Rend.[31][32]”

kimbers

No competent person is going to join his team. It’ll end up a rag bag of nutjobs and desperadoes.

yep his pick to replace Flynn has said ‘no **** way am I associating myself with that disaster !’ graciously declined

which is why hes now hiring bad guys from scooby doo (infact hes a breitbart regular with a fabricated CV)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFK3tbkNX-A[/video]

martinhutch

Gorka is apparently due in court this month for attempting to board an airliner carrying a 9mm pistol.

I guess Trump just hires whoever the hell Bannon tells him too.

ninfan
    Free Member

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319913-poll-trumps-approval-rating-drops-to-39-percent
    And to extrapolate one of ninfans earlier points
    I guess that makes 61% of Americans lefties then….

I’m going to give you a perfect example of “confirmation bias”

You chose to link to this story, published at 1.07pm EST, which happened to coincide with your own political viewpoint, anti Trump

Rather than linking to this story, published on the same site half an hour later that reveals a different poll finding majority support for Trump:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319927-rasmussen-pew-find-wildly-different-trump-approval-ratings

Now, I’m not saying that the 55% support poll is necessarily accurate, nor that the 39% poll is necessarily wrong, because I recognise that that’s the Internet nature of polling (and look how well that did in predicting the outcome of the election) – but what I recognise is a nuanced and complex position, rather than jumping to the first story that agrees with me.

I’ll tell you what mind – I’ll happily place a £5 to charity wager with you that his poll ratings go up after that press conference!

slowoldman

So if no half-reasonable candidates are available he’ll have to bring ever more total nutters on board. Brilliant.

kimbers

Well if that’s the source of Trump’s poll numbers then I’d question it’s validity

Coz we saw how reliable his alt right news sources are when he tried to claim he had the largest electoral college victory ever…….. And then got pwnd by that reporter at a press conference that was viewed by millions around the world , he’s right about one thing, he certainly gets good ratings 😉

Last night he just looked like a confused angry guy in his 70s who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing, especially when it comes to explaining what uranium is

Junkyard
    Free Member

unfair Kimbers its bad and we do stuff with it what more do you need to know

PS Nuclear destruction is bad to – he was told this in a secret brief

TBH it worried me that they felt they had to explain to thim tha nuclear war was bad as if he has not realised without being spoon fed this

I could not listen to the spokesperson the arrogance and the sidestepping is both skillful and disingenuous

Oh (deity of choice here) we’re screwed Junkyard and Teamhurtmore have agreed. I’m off to panic buy as it’s the end of days.

Chuckles

bails

WTF is this?
    https://twitter.com/qz/status/832352520139845638

Jewish journalist:”Nobody I know it’s suggesting that you (DT) or any of your team are anti-Semitic. But there has been an increase in anti-Semitic activity/threats. What are you going to do to address that?”

DT: “That’s not a fair question. I thought you were going to give me an easy question. I’m the least anti-Semitic person. The least anti-Semitic.”

He can’t seem to deal with any perceived (it wasn’t, in this case) criticism.

theotherjonv

His other comment that struck me was – that bringing in an immigration ban with a month’s notice risked giving the bad people (and there are people out there, you do know that?) time to move in – he said he hadn’t realised that up until that point.

How intellectually challenging is that piece of deduction?

johnx2
    Free Member

I’d like to contribute to the thread I really would but I can’t get my jaw off the floor…

Viewing 40 posts - 6,881 through 6,920 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.