Viewing 40 posts - 6,921 through 6,960 (of 23,167 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

be fair his mind was blown away after they told him what Uranium did and that nuclear armageddon would be bad

Junkyard
    Free Member

MASH article

Piss-eyed Tango monster demands everyone say nice things about it

A DESPERATE, blithering ****-up has demanded the media accurately report how unbelievably fantastic it is.

The unnaturally fluorescent mass of insecurities, apparently incapable of understanding basic logic, told press that the real story was how incredible it was and how much everyone loved it.

The thing, which blankly opened and closed a hole in its face even when not speaking as if in an autonomous feeding reflex, was able to respond to human speech but experts believe it is simply mimicry, devoid of meaning.

BBC reporter Julian Cook said: “It appeared to answer questions, but when you read back the answers they’re nothing but a torrent of unconnected words mixed with a keening refrain of pathetic self-praise.

“We believe this creature actually feeds on adulation and has adapted to seek out high concentrations of it, but instead is now exposed to unprecedented levels of toxic criticism causing it to lash out.”

He added: “Its neediness is almost to be pitied, if it wasn’t such a contemptible sack of orange shit.”

Northwind

The response to Turx’s question was properly mental- what Bails quotes up there is the least of it. Journalist says “WE know you’re not an anti-semite, but it’s on the rise, so what is the government going to do about it” and gets

“See, he said he was going to ask a very simple, easy question, and it’s not. Not a simple question. Not a fair question. OK, sit down. I understand the rest of your question. So here’s the story folks. No. 1, I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life. No. 2, racism. The least racist person. In fact, we did very well relative to other people running as a Republican.

“Quiet, quiet, quiet. See he lied about — he was going to get up and ask a very straight, simple question. So, you know, welcome to the world of the media. But let me just tell you something: I hate the charge. I find it repulsive. I hate even the question because people that know me — and you heard the Prime Minister, you heard Benjamin Netanyahu, did you hear him, Bibi? He said, ‘I’ve known Donald Trump for a long time,’ and then he said, ‘Forget it.’ So you should take that instead of having to get up and ask a very insulting question like that.”

Batshit. And then another journalist follows up with

“I’ll follow up on my colleague’s question about anti-Semitism. It’s not about your personality or your beliefs. We’re talking about a rise in anti-Semitism around the country. Some of it by supporters in your name. What can you do to deter that?”

and the response is “Some of it is written by our opponents. You do know that? Do you understand that? You don’t think anybody would do a thing like that? Some of the signs you’ll see are not put up by the people that love or live Donald Trump. They’re put up by the other side, and you think it’s like playing it straight? No. But you have some of those signs, and some of that anger is caused by the other side. They’ll do signs and they’ll do drawings that are inappropriate. It won’t be my people. It will be the people on the other side to anger people like you.”

Come at me, Trump apologists, tell me how this is all great.

lalazar
    Free Member

How long before someone tells him to f*** off when he tells them to sit down

ninfan
    Free Member

Come at me, Trump apologists, tell me how this is all great.

You still don’t get it?

Donald Trump has just created the biggest, can’t miss, TV event of the week, in which he gets to eviscerate the biased media, to the absolute joy of his supporters, and tell his own version of the truth direct to the people without any media filter (exactly as he successfully used Twitter in the election campaign).

The media have just been reduced to the role of the incompetent contestants in the apprentice, mere walk on actors in the Donald Trump show, and all their histrionic whining and false attack lines (“Donald Trump was racist because he told the reporter to go ahead and organise the meeting she was bleating about him not organising”) is exactly what he just stood on TV and said the media would do.

Utter Genius!

Northwind

I see. And how does that tackle antisemitism?

BoardinBob

in which he gets to eviscerate the biased media

convert

and tell his own version of the truth

hmmm

You still don’t get it?

Donald Trump has just created the biggest, can’t miss, TV event of the week, in which he gets to eviscerate the biased media, to the absolute joy of his supporters, and tell his own version of the truth direct to the people without any media filter (exactly as he successfully used Twitter in the election campaign).

The media have just been reduced to the role of the incompetent contestants in the apprentice, mere walk on actors in the Donald Trump show, and all their histrionic whining and false attack lines (“Donald Trump was racist because he told the reporter to go ahead and organise the meeting she was bleating about him not organising”) is exactly what he just stood on TV and said the media would do.

I don’t think anyone is denying that Trump has contrived to produce a campaigning and now presidential style that is appealing to his core supporters.

But that was not the question; the question was ‘tell me how this is all great.’? Do you honestly think reading that transcript or watching it live that that is how a leader of a nation should behave? Do you genuinely have confidence in his ability to lead a nation in a safe and rational way? If the answer to either of those is yes, without recourse to a trolling response, I think of you as an utterly sad human being worthy of little but contempt.

nickc

You still don’t get it?

you don’t seem to understand that it isn’t a campaign any more, and he actually has to do something…That he and his shit-kicker sidekicks, which it is becoming increasingly obvious to even the most dreary headed supporter, could not organise if their lives depended on it.

All the media have to do is keep on prodding with the barely sharpened sticks, and 50p says he’ll start swearing or crying…

It’ll be genius 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Utter Genius!

its effective for a tiny minority of right wing nut jobs who are not very bright- however it cannot be an effective strategy to gain a consensus or secure a second term as even reasonable/rational/centrist republicans will be scared of that performance

If he were campaigning it would indeed be great but he has to lead an ENTIRE country not just keep his followers on side.

All he has done is further alienate the majority of the country and worse he has further alienated a number of his allies /neutrals and anyone “conservative[ no political sense]” in power will be worried by his ramblings

Only the most ardent of right wing supporters or a complete fool [ and despite your facade on here you are neither] would be pleased with that

He seems to think its just a ratings war – yes lots will watch but most with jaw dropping disbelief – he will mistake this for being popular and think the polls are lying.
    Its both effective and destructive basically.

theotherjonv

in which he gets to eviscerate the biased media

I must have been watching a different press conference?

kimbers

Donald Trump has just created the biggest, can’t miss, TV event of the week, i

You mean Saturday Nigh Live??

even his biggest fans will be deflated by his performance yesterday
    the more unstable he looks on TV, the more frustrated he becomes, the more he blames the media…… its a viscous circle

but it cant go on indefinitely at some point he is going to reach a critical mass and go nova

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

It’s very covenient the media coverage of Trump – it’s taking the spotlight away from the fiasco that is Brexit and giving May some breathing space.

DrJ

Donald Trump has just created the biggest, can’t miss, TV event of the week

Yes he has, but I don’t see what he achieves by getting people like me to tune in to watch him make a fool of himself?

Klunk
    Free Member

Yes he has, but I don’t see what he achieves by getting people like me to tune in to watch him make a fool of himself?

he invaded Iran when you weren’t looking 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

i am sure that people like you not voting for him next time round will make a real difference to him, he must be gutted about it.

kimbers

i am sure that people like you not voting for him next time round will make a real difference to him, he must be gutted about it.

but his NPD means he probably is gutted about being a global laughing stock….

nickc

he must be gutted about it.

he’s too stupid to realise the damage he’s doing…How long before the Republican party realise that d’you think?

Junkyard
    Free Member

about minus 15 ish hours i would have thought – they must be bricking it about how they can work with him and how much damage he can do to them.

he invaded Iran when you weren’t looking

he might but only once he has had a brief to tell him where it is 😉

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

he’s too stupid to realise the damage he’s doing

You think? He managed to get elected to one of the most powerful positions in the world. You might disagree with him but I think the ‘stupid’ comments people make about him and his voters demonstrate people haven’t a grasp of what’s going on in the world and how others live.

Also, calling a right wing supporter stupid or thick is displaying the very same intolerance you are challenging in the right wing supporter. Pot, kettle , black and all that.

Northwind

@Ninfan, so how does it help counter the rise of antisemitism?

Junkyard
    Free Member

however research also shows the less well educated you are[ thick] the more likely you are to be right wing in general and it also showed that the least well educated were the most likely to vote for him

I am not sure its intolerant to point out someone is thick, it may be unkind but it is not untrue.

How can you watch trump explain Uranium and not conclude he is thick ?

‘stupid’ comments people make about him and his voters demonstrate people haven’t a grasp of what’s going on in the world.

Dont be so intolerant of others with different views with you as haven’t a grasp is just polite middle class speak for thick.

DrJ

Of course – but it was not me that made a big deal of him getting people to watch him, it was you. So I ask again, what is the value of getting people to watch if you just make a fool of yourself in front of them?

ninfan
    Free Member

It doesn’t, but you still don’t grasp that the press conference isn’t there to answer long, drawn out and tedious questions about the rise in antisemetic incidents, that in reality are a policing issue – it’s the Donald Trump show, in which he gets to bash the media for calling him antisemitic when nobody really thinks he is.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

the less well educated you are[ thick] the more likely you are to be right wing in general a

How is this reflected in our highly educated political establishment? We have a right leaning political establishment.

BoardinBob

Just because they went to a posh school doesn’t mean they’re actually educated…

Rorschach
    Free Member

people haven’t a grasp of what’s going on in the world and how others live.

THAT’s what got him elected in the first place………..

ninfan
    Free Member

How can you watch trump explain Uranium and not conclude he is thick ?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4XuItt6iuMc[/video]

Thicko!

nickc

He managed to get elected to one of the most powerful positions in the world

so did G Dubbya, and let’s be honest here, He wasn’t the brightest candle either. Getting elected in the US isn’t (sadly) an IQ test.

nickc

but you still don’t grasp that the press conference isn’t there to answer long, drawn out and tedious questions about the rise in antisemetic incidents

What you don’t grasp is that increasingly it’s becoming obvious to the media that in order to play Trump at his own game (de-stabilisation) all they have to do is exatly that, ask him questions more complex than “Spell your name” and Trump will do their work for them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you may have confused conservative with a small c and right wing there.

either way the research is consistent that the less well educated are more likely to be right wing

Yes you can cherry pick areas where we have bright right wingers – no one has claimed they dont exist- but the fact remains thicker folk are more likely to be right wing. Unless you wish to try and negate that – and you will only have alternative facts to do it- then this debate is a bit pointless.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/us-election-how-age-race-and-education-are-deciding-factors-in-t/

Rorschach
    Free Member

He managed to get elected to one of the most powerful positions in the world

Gerald Ford
    G Dub
    Nixon
    Ronnie Reagan

DrJ

It doesn’t, but you still don’t grasp that the press conference isn’t there to answer long, drawn out and tedious questions about the rise in antisemetic incidents, that in reality are a policing issue – it’s the Donald Trump show, in which he gets to bash the media for calling him antisemitic when nobody really thinks he is.

What I grasp perfectly well (thank you) is that for now Trump acting the fool is entertaining for the devotees and detractors alike, if for different reasons, but that when it continues, and is accompanied by ongoing failure to deliver on his promises, it will become more and more self-destructive, and the spotlight he has attracted will begin to get a bit hot.

alcolepone
    Free Member

same press conference
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDuoTvO__0&feature=share

the man is a terrible leader. Blame everyone else……

Northwind

ninfan – Member

you still don’t grasp

We grasp it perfectly well, it’s not complicated- he doesn’t want to run the country, he wants to run a game show. And he’s very good at what he’s doing, it’s just that it’s not the job.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@junkyard..Will not disagree with you but you have to remember, due to neo-liberalism ideology there are just as many educated folk voting to the right because they are in it for themselves.

Also a person who is comfortable financially has more power to vote ethically, moralistically and empathetically. Poor folk have to vote on what they believe will bring them more money and that’s how the right wins each time. Promises a better life financially. The thick part is directly linked to thwir opportunity to earn money I.e. less educated have less opportunity to earn money.

mintimperial

Interesting to see noted liberal cry-baby Shep Smith whining about the president on that well-known hive of lefty-agenda-pushing pinko commies, Fox News.

I’m not holding up Fox as a paragon of journalistic virtue here by the way. It’s just worth noting that Trump has managed to get himself called a liar, repeatedly, by a Fox News anchor, someone who should still be fully on his side at this stage, and he’s not even a month into his term. It’s one thing when the Grauniad screams and shouts, it’s rather another when the “Fair and Balanced” guys start sharpening their knives.

piemonster

What I grasp perfectly well (thank you) is that for now Trump acting the fool is entertaining for the devotees and detractors alike, if for different reasons, but that when it continues, and is accompanied by ongoing failure to deliver on his promises, it will become more and more self-destructive, and the spotlight he has attracted will begin to get a bit hot.

Indeed. And I suspect nobody really cares to try and shift opinion among the devoted. It’s those that’ll step away from supporting GOP that count, and I mean GOP not Trump. He’ll spend his time flailing around finding obstructions (pesky Constitution) at every possible turn, but GOP will need to think about how this impacts their future.

I’m actually inclined to see if there’s decent odds on Trump not standing for a second term(or completing the first) due to either health issues or “wanting his life back”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

@ eden all reasonable points but i think the main one is that an emotive argument
    It used to be better, its immigrants fault I will make us great again we will all have jobs and they will pay

Its a great simplistic message that is also clearly BS* you not only need to be poor to swallow that you need to be less bright

* its very hard for us on the left to counter that as we just want to laugh at it for its inherent stupidity and that wnt win hearts minds or votes

binners

As an aside, did anyone catch the interview with the guys from Anthrax on 6 Music on Tuesday?

They were despairing of Their country voting for Trump. Mark Radcliffe pointed out that we’ve our own issues over here.

Their answer?

“Well when you guys elect Piers Morgan as Prime Minister, I think you’ll have a direct comparison”

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 6,921 through 6,960 (of 23,167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.