Viewing 40 posts - 6,841 through 6,880 (of 23,167 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I really do find Chekwk adorable.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ooh, it wasn’t statesmanlike? Well boo, and indeed, hoo

And he reverts to type again
    Like whatever snowflake or some such I think is what goes here

YAWN

Junkyard
    Free Member

Feel free to adopt him and deny him wifi privileges 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

Trump: “Where you from?”
    BBC Man: “BBC”
    Trump: “Here’s another beauty”
    BBC Man: “Good line. Impartial free and fair.”
    Trump: “Just like CNN”

😆

nickc

This is it – the outraged lefties idiotic right wingers who’ve been tricked into voting for him, don’t get that he is playing with them

At least the lefties know he’s an idiot savant the people who are going to be most outraged are all those miners and disadvantaged ex car workers in the rust belt who’ve thrown in their lot with a man who’s ONLY interests lie with himself. Then we’ll hear some outrage.

aracer
    Free Member

Not been here long?

martinhutch

“The leaks are real. The news is fake.”

Can’t be both, really. 😀

He seems utterly unhinged, barely in control of his brief, unable to string a coherent sentence together.

Business as usual then.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Getting their money’s worth ? This isn’t a comedy show.

The poor rednecks will soon realise that snake oil tastes pretty rancid.

James O’Brien is up his own backside most of the time. Works mostly on LBC but comes across as crass on TV. He just behaves like an arse most of the timend forgets that WE want to hear what his guest are saying not HIM

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

😆

I think the important thing here ninfan is that you found it funny and laughed.

After all you probably can’t see the comedy value of Fox News’s “Fair and Balanced” slogan, so it’s good to see that you can still find other stuff funny.

chewkw
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

That’s an absolute brilliant response from President Trump so funny. 😛 Most of President Trump responses are spot on.

The new trend in journalism is actually trolling the people in the name of news. The problem is that the news or media is hyping up their own hype thinking that they are the new king maker for the people. They are like public funded legitimate national news trolling. Their views are really not impartial.

Actually they are supposed to be reporting so they are reporters not some over-hyped label like journalists cos they are just reporters and even that they not reporting properly. In fact these so called “journalists” are increasingly interpreting and inserting their own emotional views to “influence” the unsuspected people. Remember these are reporters who are not built to think for the people rather they are built to report.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

The Donald has got lots of skeletons to fall out of the closet yet. He has pissed Langley off never a good idea no matter who you are due to the fact those people are employed not elected..

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

He will solve the rust belt issue by starting a good old fashioned boots on the ground war with a convenient middle eastern country. They will need loads of young good old boys from the rust belt to feed that decision.

DrJ

People elected Trump as someone who was a doer, not a talker. So far, they’re getting their money’s worth.

Really? What’s he done? A lot of talking and making a mess. Not much in the way of constructive action.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

You need to look at Robert Mugabi as an example of the type of power the Donald is after. If he was smart as people claim he is he could have done some tactical stuff around appointments and exec orders to start some change, he just shouts and expects shit to happen regardless of the consequences – he operates in a “Limited Liability” mode in the same way he runs his many business’s if it goes wrong bankrupt it and jog on – Ninfan don’t give this person kudos that he does not warrant at the end of the day he is a hard arsed capitalist used to getting his own way and no one questioning him – no more complicated than that

seosamh77
    Free Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-reporter-black-caucus_us_58a5fe71e4b037d17d25f1cb?section=politics

Here’s ridiculous example of the media bias, essentially calling him racist for that bit( Congressional Black Caucus) wtf? they rely on people not actually watching these things…

So while we can laugh and ridicule trump, rightly in a lot of cases. i really do think you need to look at your side and say, hawl mon to buggery…

Being self critical is important, something the left has no clue about. In my opinion, that was about the most sincere part of the conference.

It’s good click bait i guess..

ninfan
    Free Member

Good to hear this long list of reasons why Trump will fail as president

From the same people who also gave us an equally long list of reasons why Trump would lose the election

😆

Many of whom also gave us an additional list of reasons why the public would never vote for Brexit too

😆

And funnily enough, another long list of reasons why the Tories could never win the last election

😆

And the one before that

😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

People elected Trump as someone who was a doer, not a talker. So far, they’re getting their money’s worth.

Really? What’s he done? [/quote]

A total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States. And a 2,000 miles long 35-45 feet high wall which Mexico is going to pay for.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont forget hilary is also in jail

what is your problem with that report and what exactly makes you think they claimed he was a racist? Can you highlight the parts?

Its just seems to say what happened and how the black caucus responded afterwards
    EDIT to yours

Being self critical is important, something the left has no clue about. In my opinion,

You are watching trump behave like that and say he is the least anti semitic person you ever met and you wish to chastise the left for that report for not being self critical

Is this a wind up?

FWIW he did sound sincere on that well till he said he would end crime and he lost his track but he did actually sound like he cared and he wanted to do something about crime/inner city disharmony

seosamh77
    Free Member

President Donald Trump on Thursday asked an African American reporter at a press conference to set up a meeting for him with members of the Congressional Black Caucus, adding, “Are they friends of yours?”

The exchange began when April Ryan, White House correspondent and Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks, asked the president if he would hold meetings with black caucus members to help craft his urban development policy.

“Well I would. I’ll tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting?” Trump said. “Do you want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours?”

“No, I’m just a reporter,” replied Ryan, adding that she did know some members of the group.

“Set up the meeting, let’s go, set up the meeting,” Trump said. “I would love to meet with the black caucus. I think it’s great, the Congressional Black Caucus. I think it’s great.”

During the same rambling, bizarre press conference, the president claimed he is “the least racist person.”

well that whole bit tbh. but the bold bit in particular is oddly placed, and the heading basically implies, trumps asks random blavck person if they know another random black person.

It doesn’t mention in the article why he asked (couldn’t get a meeting as he explained, citing it as being viewed as bad politically for the CBC. I’d think the veracity of that really should be looked at before chucking in the click bait. might have a proper story then, then again might not.)

There’s no story here without further investigation is my point.

I’m not pro trump, far from it, but trump isn’t really where my concerns lie. It’s in the left getting it’s act together, which seems a distant reality, imo. You can’t complain about and use propaganda and expect to get taken seriously.

somafunk

Cheers for that seosamh77, I’m up to where the orange bawbag mentions a task force to deal with the horrendous situation of drugs cheaper than candy bars.

So that’ll be the makers of fentynal strung up and locked in jail along with the other illegal drug bad guys then?, according to the CDC so i guess the figures can be trusted and verified…..but then again it is a government dept so they could be lying and spreading fake news

The death rate of synthetic opioids other than methadone, which includes drugs such as tramadol and fentanyl, increased by 72.2% from 2014 to 2015

Deaths from heroin up 23% to 12,989
    Deaths from manufactured synthetic opioids, including fentanyl up 73% to 9,580
    Prescription painkillers like Oxycontin and Vicodin up 4% to 17,536

Yep…the USA sure does have a prescription drug problem.

Gonna have to rewind the youtube feed so i don’t miss any anything important 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

given whet they said afterwards it may just be the case that Trump was being less than honest and that is the story
    He publicly says he tried and he wants a meeting when in reality he has not responded to their overtones never mind endlessly tried to contact them as he suggested.
    the story is he lied at the press conference though I think that is indeed hardly news but for all the wrong reasons

Any chance you can explain why you only think the “left” are not self critical after that display?
    It struck you that he really does self critical

martinhutch

From the same people who also gave us an equally long list of reasons why Drumpf would lose the election 😆

Are you including your first offering to this thread among those?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

Any chance you can explain why you only think the “left” are not self critical after that display?

I’m not concerned about whether the right are self critical(i’m fairly glad there not). I’m interested in a coherent and clear left getting it’s act together for when the charade, on both sides of the atlantic, is ready to move on. Not seeing a lot of evidence of that. Just a baying mob.

Trump is in the white house/ we’re livig through another 18 years of tories/brexit happened, because of the vaccum that exists in the left, not because of the rights great agenda.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

One for the Trumpettes.
    Patriots Day isn’t a documentary.

seosamh77
    Free Member

You know what i mean? The vacuum explains why so many people were wishing(myself included) a wet blanket like corbyn would actually do any good… It’s explains why america said **** you hilary…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why “wish” in things that are obviously screwed from the start? That is a question of basic judgement…

seosamh77
    Free Member

Mon thm, even a centrist like yourself must be starting to be getting concerned about vacuum that’s in the centre now. The loonies really are(have) taking(took) over and were(‘ve) letting(let) them.

It’ll continue if people play their game.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That is a question of basic judgement…

I have always found your judgement pretty basic 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well Joe, my concern is what happens when the people finally discover that the populists/snake oil salesman cant/wont deliver on their promises and the mirages evaporate before their eyes. History tells us that this can/does unleash some dangerous forces.

As strongly as I feel about the SNP, as the forerunners in this latest phase of crass and dishonest populism, they are largely harmless since then merely spout drivel but implement far more pragmatic policies in practice albeit with poor results. But their damage is manageable and the Scots are largely too sensible to let them go too far. I have faith ultimately in your countrymen even if you do deserve much better leaders.

In contrast, the subsequent masters of snake oil sales are far more dangerous and concerning – with Trump and the the various extreme parties across Europe in the lead. Unlike the SNP they can and could well do REAL harm domestically and internationally. For the first time in my life I am genuinely fearful of some geopolitical events.

The press conference today ceased to be amusing. It was AWFUL. Genuinely AWFUL. Trumps behaviour/delusion is off the scale in a contemporary context. He displays behaviour that you would not accept in a corporate context let alone a political one.

So yes, the vacuum is concerning. Very concerning indeed.

I finished Aaron Banks’ book on Brexshit this week and am now reading the Stimpson version. The former left me very sad, the latter (a more sober account) less so, but still dismayed. Awful times…

tpbiker
    Free Member

A few posters on here defend trump with ‘hes funny, great put downs’ etc etc.

I have to admit hes a character, and some of the stuff he comes out with is quite witty…but

And its a big but…

Hes not there to entertaiin us, hes there to run the worlds most powerful country. And hes clearly way out his depth on that front..

matt_outandabout

Please can the news organisations get sorted and just not turn up to the Whitehouse press conferences?
    Best thing would be Trump walking into an empty room bar one poor lackey from Kyrgyzstan Today with a GoPro in hand…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Like swiss tony returning everything to making love to a beautiful woman you can turn everything into a SNP rant 😆

I have faith ultimately in your countrymen even if you do deserve much better leaders.

WHY OH WHY Wont they listen to the voice of an anonymous England tory shire right winger? – do they not know what is good for them eh?
    I think there message is OK if they just accept they will be worse off economically as it is with the EU – some things , if not to you, are more important than the balance sheet/money.

Not wrong about Trump or Brexit

aracer
    Free Member

What do you think is actually going to be significant enough to trigger this? I’m far from convinced that any arguments “us liberals” (I include you in that when discussing Trump) and the media are making about his failings are making any difference at all to those who voted for him. On the contrary, people appear to agree with his travel ban and have swallowed the idea that it will make the US safe. The removal of environmental regulation also appears popular on the basis companies will no longer be constrained and they will create jobs. How and in what way will reality hit in a way which he can’t spin to be the fault of the somebody else (eg a so-called judge) preventing him doing what is right?

piemonster

That press conference was somewhat odd

kimbers

pop out for a night ride

come back to find the Trump has replaced Spicer as his own press secretary with predictably hilarious results

just watching newsnight
    wow President snowflake is really struggling, with , well just everything

Im loving his knowledge of uranium!

& loving him getting called out on spreading fake news himself over his electoral college numbers!!

wilburt
    Free Member

For the first time in my life I am genuinely fearful of some geopolitical events.

Between tonight’s press conference and some recent offerings from one of Trumps ‘advisors’ Stephen Miller(YouTube clearly a psychopath) It’s like watching fascism unfold in real time.

maxtorque

matt_outandabout
    Please can the news organisations get sorted and just not turn up to the Whitehouse press conferences?

This^^

There is no point them being there, as nothing truthful or useful is disclosed and discussion is deliberately curtailed by the WHite House media team.

If i were the BBC, after Trump looked to threaten their reporter, i’d boycott the White House Press Conferences completely.

monkeyboyjc

It’s like one of those programmes where they get kids to describe objects:

describe uranium

“it makes nuclear weapons and the other bad things” – Donald, 8.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Aracer, in the short term they will not make a difference, true. In the short/medium term, supporters will become more entrenched as we have already seen and Trump will continue to deflect and distract (in a more extreme manner than wee nippy)

When the mirage REALLY starts to evaporate, polices will become more extreme and solutions more and more out-of-reach. Trump will not and cannot resurrect the rust belt, it’s screwed for obvious reasons that sound bites cannot blow away.

The scary thing is that Trumo,will find himself more and more isolated and that is when meglomaniacs become more scary – when they are isolated and cornered.

The WH spokesman on Newsnight NW is also scary!

martinhutch

It’s like one of those programmes where they get kids to describe objects:

Yep, all it needs is Michael Aspel and you’ve got half a series of Child’s Play sorted out right there.

If i were the BBC, after Drumpf looked to threaten their reporter, i’d boycott the White House Press Conferences completely.

Definitely not. The pack are starting to scent blood and work cooperatively.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,841 through 6,880 (of 23,167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.