Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 23,066 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • dudeofdoom

Well when a reality tv star ups his game to become a reality tv president you know it’s gonna be great time.

kimbers

I see that May has been forced into an embarrassing climb down, a few hours before it was the united states business.

Didn’t May tell us a few days ago that she would be able to tell trump when he was wrong?

Still to afraid to do so herself, she is instructing her ministers to contact his ministers and complain that way.

cchris2lou

Yes Boris is on the case .

somafunk

Over 400,000 now, personally i think he should be allowed to come but people should protest when he arrives and block all exits from the airport so he’s stuck in his car

dudeofdoom

Yep she’s not up to speed with “Tweeting” 🙂

dudeofdoom

Well let him in and shut our borders down for 3 months would be funnier.

Klunk
    Free Member

Over 400,000 now,

#fakebrits

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

km79 – Member

FFS! Because it would embarrass the queen?

No, because it would embarrass Her Majesty the Queen.

Show a bit of respect. And get your hair cut and have a bath.

seosamh77
    Free Member

km79 – Member
    I was going to add my name to the petition but then read the reason for it.

Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.
    FFS! Because it would embarrass the queen? What about the rest of us who need to pay for the bloody thing?yip, it’s a ridiculous petition.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Genuine question, how do I block seeing all posts by that chewy fella. His jibberish ruins threads, adds no value, I ignore them anyway but its every second post ffs.

I know there was a thread somewhere but can’t find it from a search

Klunk
    Free Member

ego maniac nutjob in the whitehouse, ego maniac nutjob in the kremlin…. britain just about to cut it’s self adrift aboard hms brexshit. We are going down with all hands 🙁

slowoldman

Well it seems Chewy might be right in his adulation and the rest of us are just catching up. You see Farage says ”British people are warming to Trump”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I ignore them anyway

Well it’s not really a problem then.

Unless you’ve got a problem with your scrolling function.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Well it seems Chewy might be right in his adulation and the rest of us are just catching up. You see Farage says “British people are warming to Trump”

Crikey do you have to rely on another reporter’s opinions?

Okay let’s read another reporter’s opinions from The Spectator – Trump’s ‘America First’ nationalism may be extreme – but it is not war-mongering’

bearnecessities

This thread increasingly reads like how I’d imagine a dementia forum.

outofbreath
    Free Member

It does seem that apart from Syria, the Countries of Concern were defined by Obama’s Administration in a 2015 act. https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

Klunk
    Free Member

So Obama Administration says anyone who previously had a visa waiver, british tourists for example, will no longer have that waiver if they travel to certain “at risk countries” (the same 7 countries on Trumps list, presumably provided by state department/security staffers) is the reason/facilitated this travel ban on muslims. 🙄 is that what you are saying ?

Northwind

It’s hardly comparable tbh. And it seems pretty clear that the writer of that blog is intentionally misleading (rather than just misunderstanding)- there was no “ban”, there was only a difference in procedure for specific people with stronger connections to those countries (they had to apply for a visa rather than being eligible for visa free travel)

“The media won’t tell you this” because it’s bollocks.

Cougar

That poll’s incredible. It’s going up by a couple of hundred every few seconds. I’ve never seen one do that before.

(Amusingly, it was 444,444 when I saw it. It’s gone up another four thousand in the time it’s taken me to write this.)

slowoldman

Okay let’s read another reporter’s opinions from The Spectator – Trump’s ‘America First’ nationalism may be extreme – but it is not war-mongering’

The reporter says:
    I would rather have an America that protected its borders to the point of being illiberal to one that kept blowing up the Middle East in the name of freedom and democracy. Wouldn’t you?

I would certainly like an America that didn’t keep blowing up the Middle East. If it stopped doing that it wouldn’t have to close its borders.

kerley
    Free Member

Genuine question, how do I block seeing all posts by that chewy fella. His jibberish ruins threads, adds no value, I ignore them anyway but its every second post ffs.

Yep, I want to do this too but no obvious way to block, do you need to be a paid up member to see the function?

seosamh77
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    The reporter says:
    I would rather have an America that protected its borders to the point of being illiberal to one that kept blowing up the Middle East in the name of freedom and democracy. Wouldn’t you?

It’s not an either or situation, lets see how trumps modernisation of the military plays out. If it was an either or situation, why the need for trumps comments on the military. They have more than enough to protect their borders.

scotroutes

No. There are a couple of ways to do it but they are add-ons for Chrome and Firefox.

Of course, if everyone just annoyed him he’d eventually get bored and piss off. It’s just a shame so many pander to him. There are other folk on here you can disagree with and indulge in a reasonable debate.

Moe
    Klunk
    Free Member

Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue!

I presume if these Christians become refugees and were from the one of seven countries they would be denied entry into the US ? #notamuslimbanyeahright

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    The reporter says:

I would certainly like an America that didn’t keep blowing up the Middle East. If it stopped doing that it wouldn’t have to close its borders.

The problem is this. Big powerful nations (the traditional few) or those that consider themselves (the proxies) having slight increased in power or those that think they have moral high grounds will Always / want to intervene in other nations affairs thus escalating the problems for everyone.

The solution is simple. Stay out and stay gone. Let them deal with their problems themselves and let them fight until their heart content. Let them help the nature recycle. If you wish to support one side or the other then be prepared to let others join in too. However, if they start to cross into other nations then they should be dealt with swiftly.

ninfan
    Free Member

It’s hardly comparable tbh. And it seems pretty clear that the writer of that blog is intentionally misleading (rather than just misunderstanding)- there was no “ban”, there was only a difference in procedure for specific people with stronger connections to those countries (they had to apply for a visa rather than being eligible for visa free travel)

But, you can’t argue that it doesn’t explain the countries encompassed by the 2017 ban, when the Usual suspects were claiming that it was random or affected by Trumps business interests. So, how come Obama picked those same countries? Maybe it’s because there’s genuine concerns.

Jamie
    Free Member

Of course, if everyone just annoyed him he’d eventually get bored and piss off. It’s just a shame so many pander to him. There are other folk on here you can disagree with and indulge in a reasonable debate.

He’s like a Chinese finger trap. The more you engage, the harder it is to extricate oneself.

slowoldman

It’s not an either or situation, lets see how trumps modernisation of the military plays out. If it was an either or situation, why the need for trumps comments on the military. They have more than enough to protect their borders.

I thought my second paragraph answered the assertion.

crankboy
    Free Member

Klunk yes some of the Christians who escaped ISIS genocide have been refused entry as a result of Trump’s executive order.

Klunk
    Free Member

and in his own words….

We cannot allow this horror to continue!

seosamh77
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

I thought my second paragraph answered the assertion.i wasn’t really answering you tbh just the quote. 😉

slowoldman

The solution is simple. Stay out and stay gone. Let them deal with their problems themselves and let them fight until their heart content.

I’m inclined to agree in general – as long as that means not selling arms overseas – to ANYONE. Oh and one of the big problems with international relations is the impotence of the UN.

slowoldman

That poll’s incredible

BOOM. Over 500k.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“But, you can’t argue that it doesn’t explain the countries encompassed by the 2017 ban, when the Usual suspects were claiming that it was random or affected by Trumps business interests. So, how come Obama picked those same countries?”

This.

taxi25
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    He is based in the US. His family live there. Not being there at the moment means he can’t go.

Just to correct the Mo thing, Mo Farrah is a British citizen with a British passport, he doesn’t have dual nationality or citizenship with Somalia. The rules allow him to travel freely to America to train, live and be with his family.

ninfan
    Free Member

BOOM. Over 500k.

Yay, an internet petition

That’s going to change everything

Virtue signalling social justice warriors of the world, unite!

wilburt
    Free Member

Trump, Farage and all the over populist politicians breed on the discontent of inequality.

We have people with too much and others with too little, fix that and these idiots wont have anything to feed on.

oldnpastit

ninfan – Member

Virtue signalling social justice warriors of the world, unite!

Using the phrase “virtue signalling” is of course just virtue signalling.

scotroutes

taxi25 – as I understand it, your country of birth is taken into account. It’s quite possible this was based on early reports though

Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 23,066 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.