Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Doh !
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

I rode my new (to me) road bike to work this morning. Upgraded my old Boardman Comp to a Carbon fiber Carerra and treated myself to some lightweight Superstar wheels as well.

As a result I was hoping to beat my colleagues average Strava speed this morning in the unofficial office competition. My average has improved to 16.7 mph (though I might have just been trying harder) and this would normally be enough to win. Unfortunately I sold my old bike to the aforementioned work colleague to replace his ancient tourer and his average has shot up to 17.8!

I’m sure there is a moral to this story but I have a feeling its going to make me unhappy so Im not going to think about it.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Just take solace in the fact that he needed a new bike to improve his time, whereas you did it through… Oh, yea, see your point 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Oh, and thanks for sharing, brightened my day 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

That is brilliant! 😆

wilko1999
    Free Member

In keeping with The Simpsons-based title of the thread:

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheat & buy an Ebike, tell everyone the battery is you sandwich box and it has a gearbox 😉
    Watch them marvel at your strength when they feel the weight of it too

ndthornton
    Free Member

Thanks for the words of support 🙂

I have decided to change the rules of the competition – just like land speed record attempts the average should include the return journey as well. This gives me chance to take on come extra calories, psyche myself up and maybe let some air out of his tyres.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bit difficult to compare really, you may have been stopped at traffic lights and he may have got through them, obviously slowing down/setting off would lower your average speed. He may have drafted a bus etc too.

You’re not really comparing like with like in one journey.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Doh !’ is closed to new replies.