Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Dogs: i'd love one but can't face the thought of picking still-warm poo up.
  • poppa
    Free Member

It really puts me off. Do you, er, grow to like it? Or at least not mind it?

beamers

Makes a nice pocket warmer (I would imagine) in this weather.

iDave
    Free Member

can’t imagine liking it, i just do it

hand in a nappy sack, reverse action, tied and flung in the nearest tree 😉

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

No different to changing a dirty nappy, you get used to after a few goes. slightly harder when they have got the ****s though.

Drac

Yeah your thankful got it when walking themat midnigt and it’s -15c warms your hands a treat.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The number I have seen in the snow.

If I saw this being perpetrated I think I might be sufficiently angry to throw it at the owner. That might be assault though.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Haven’t had to pick one up for years.

Got loads of scrub area in the garden she goes in (never on the grass) and when on the beach she always goes in the sea.

Handy and definitely awesome.

I REALLY hated picking up turds when she was a pup.

nickf
    Free Member

You get used to it, but never get used to the smell. Particularly if they’ve been eating something like tripe.

DezB
    Free Member

Never get used to it. Just do it and make sure I’m breathing out.
    The sight of a steaming poo in the snow, knowing you have to pick it up, is a lovely one to behold.

woody2000

Mat – your dog sh*ts in the sea? Seriously?

ourmaninthenorth

To paraphrase Churchill, “This is the sort of dog poo up with which I will not put.”

legend
    Free Member

would the OP prefer cold poo?

binners

I’m afraid I’m with the muslims on my attitude to dogs. Filthy things.

And I genuinely question the sanity of anyone who follows a dumb four legged creature around picking up its poo.

Exactly who’s the boss in that relationship? 😉

poppa
    Free Member

It thought you might make me feel better about it, but this isn’t helping… :?.

skiprat
    Free Member

Like legend said, cold poo is the worst. I don’t particularly like picking up warm poo but cold is just nasty!!

the-muffin-man

Doesn’t bother me.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mat – your dog sh*ts in the sea? Seriously?

Yep – take her to the beach and if she needs to go, she’ll run about knee deep and crap into the briney.

Handy because you can’t pick it up, horrendously embarrassing if people are also in the sea nearby. That’s when we pretend she isn’t ours.

Gooner
    Free Member

i hated the thought of it but after a short while it becomes no problem – can’t say I enjoy it bit its part of having a dog

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heard of “Surfers against Sewage” Mat?

Is there a “cute puppy” exception? 🙄

woody2000

I’m pretty sure you’re trolling, so I’m not biting.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

So do you need video proof?

Al – she taught herself (wasn’t us). We try very hard to make her go before she gets to the beach. Doesn’t always work.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought there were a lot of cigar smoking swimmers round Mat’s way

iain1775
    Free Member

no need to touch it use a scoop – http://www.forpets.co.uk/product.php/1153/0

£2, fits in your pocket, works great, avoids all contact with said poo

RobHilton
    Free Member

No need to pick it up – if leaving it in our ajoining passage is good enough for my neighbours then why should anyone bother?

Really hoping one of them stands in it before I do.

legend
    Free Member

Exactly who’s the boss in that relationship?

the wife/girlfriend that’s sitting in the house all nice n warm

cynic-al
    Free Member

Matt sorry but you have slipped somewhat on the AWESOME scale.

chakaping
    Free Member

Practice on your own first?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Matt sorry but you have slipped somewhat on the AWESOME scale.

Good.

She’s the most AWESOME dog ever so really, I couldn’t give a flying Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Serious response – seriously, that’s really ****ing offensive letting your dog do that, the old “she’s a lovely mutt” defence is pathetic. I’m only being serious because I don’t think you are a tool, despite the ****-takes.

Jokey response: No sex last night?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

You only have sex at night?

How very staid.

Bunnyhop

Surf-Mat – if you’re not trolling, that’s disgusting.

We live near a canal and the amount of dog poo left on the tow paths was beyond a joke, So I wrote to the local councillor. She replied saying I was amoung several people who had also complained. Amazingly a dog warden has now been working around the village and surrounding area and its worked, fewer doggie doos. Yay!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Do any of you know anything about the sea and raw sewage?

Clearly not.

An occasional dog turd in the sea is rather minor compared to the millions of tonnes pumped into the sea every single day. Go for a no2 near any seaside resort, it ends up in the sea.

The naivety and self righteousness of some of you astounds me – all anti fox hunting too by any chance?

As I said clearly, we try and avoid it but would rather a sea-born floater than a mid footpath mess.

Why do you think dogs owners are encouraged to let their dogs go below the tideline? Because then it gets washed out to sea.

Now do any of you know where burgers and bacon come from?

cynic-al
    Free Member

An occasional dog turd in the sea is rather minor compared to the millions of tonnes pumped into the sea every single day. Go for a no2 near any seaside resort, it ends up in the sea.

Erm I think it may be treated first?

binners

Your dog poos bacon and burgers?!! Wow!!! That really is awesome!!! 😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Erm I think it may be treated first?

Point proven.

johnners
    Free Member

would rather a sea-born floater than a mid footpath mess

I’d rather it were on a footpath, because then you’d pick it up.

Wouldn’t you?

ocrider

Aye, I concur. It’s a drop(ping) in the ocean.

I have a neighbour who puts the n°2’s into a little bag and flings them into the road, in the bag. The street is riddled with little black plastic bags. I think she’s missing the point a tad*.

*May be because she is a) French b)deranged c)both.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Very helpful Mat, got any evidence?

J0N
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1VyrpvVFY[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Dogs: i'd love one but can't face the thought of picking still-warm poo up.’ is closed to new replies.