Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Dog shit in front garden
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Right this has probably been done before and I’ve probably sat sniggering… but now it’s happening to me it sucks!

Keep getting dog shit in my front garden and I don’t own a dog… neither do any of my neighbours for about 10 houses around. The first time I noticed I stood in the flipping thing!!!!

Short of buying cctv or sitting waiting with my air rifle is there much I can do?

Trouble is I have no idea when it is happening, my front gardwn is pretty big so often may not notice it for a few days after it happens.

Rather angry!!!!

dannybgoode

Claymores round the perimeter and then standard mines for the rest of the lawn?

Failing that a fence may be less explosive?

Saccades
    Free Member

Sure it’s from a dog?

I had similar but in a small garden, replaced the lawn with slate and planted chives and lavender.

Nothing shits there any more.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Any chance it’s a fox?

GolfChick
    Free Member

Put up a sign saying CCTV has been installed in order to catch the culprit when in reality you haven’t but may make them keep their dogs under better control. One of my real pet peeves is seeing other people let their dogs walk on peoples front garden/lawns.

giantalkali
    Free Member

chilled76 – Member

Rather angry!!!!

Don’t seem very chilled to me

nickjb
    Free Member

We get fox shit in ours. While its the same as dog shit it somehow makes its less bad. I quite like having the foxes around

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Corned beef and picolax……….then follow the trail 😀

chilled76
    Free Member

chilled76 – Member
    Rather angry!!!!

Don’t seem very chilled to me

It’s actually an ironic nickname that was given me at uni because I was always losing my shit. True story! Not the 76 bit, that’s my lucky number… not my birth year which is annoying as it ages me 6 years.

chilled76
    Free Member

We get fox shit in ours. While its the same as dog shit it somehow makes its less bad. I quite like having the foxes around

POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

This would be fine. It’s more the owners lack of respect that has me angry. Picking up for pooh occasionally would be fine.

How can I tell?

breninbeener

A friend of mine had this. He bought a motion activated wildlife camera. This tecorded the time that a lovely man walked to his garden and let his dog off the lead to lay its eggs in his garden. Two consecutive days showed it was at 4am. He then sat in his car and set his alarm for the time the offender arrived. Whilst dog was mid-poop he got out and told the owner this was a pattern and he had video evidence. It stopped.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How can I tell?

Roll in it then see if you can sneak up on a fox.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Not the 76 bit, that’s my lucky number… not my birth year which is annoying as it ages me 6 years.

You deliberately gave yourself a username which winds you up? I fear for the safety of this dog/fox/panda.

Jamie
    Free Member
    Frankenstein
    Free Member

Merry Xmas

Steelfreak
    Free Member

We regularly get faecal matter deposited in our garden.

Sometimes it’s obviously a cat, but often in is of indeterminate origin (could be large cat, small dog, badger, fox etc).

Recently a friend of the kids stepped in some and walked it everywhere, which was far from amusing (o how I seethed as I cleaned it up). If this were the USA I would currently be camped out with a bazooka!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

You okay hon ?

Next…

dirtyboy

Massive pit with punji sticks, covered with leaves and branches or some rambo trap.. Possibly

nealglover
    Free Member

replaced the lawn with slate and planted chives and lavender.

Nothing shits there any more.

Slate and Lavender…. sounds like our bathroom.

I’ll come and christen it for you if you are local 😉

funkrodent

Fox shot is black and sticky. Almost tar-like substance. Very individual smell. My dog used to think it was the canine equivalent of Yves St Laurent. Which meant many repeats of indignant dog being chucked in a river. If it’s small, thin and brown it’s probably a cat. If it’s large and piled up and drinks it’s probably a dog. As suggested before your best bet is to try to catch dog and owner in the act. Good luck with that though, probably means a few early mornings, some others dog owners are early birds..

Simon-E

Holly leaves scattered across the lawn worked for me.

catfood
    Free Member

If you’ve got an outside tap get a movement detecting water sprayer, available for about £20, I had two of next door’s cats useing our lawn as a toilet, stopped it dead and no, cats do not bury their shit.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Why don’t you pick it up and dispose of it? Probably take less than two minutes.

CountZero

Why don’t you pick it up and dispose of it? Probably take less than two minutes.

Why should anyone have to dispose of someone else’s dog shit dumped on their lawn?
    Next time I walk past your house I’ll take a dump on your doorstep, as it seems you’re amenable to havingyour property used as a shithouse.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Love it

timba
    Free Member

On a couple of occasions I’ve seen (different) dogs do this, gone out and the (different) owner has said, “It’s ok, I’ll pick it up”
    Why do they think that it’s acceptable, regardless of the intention to clean up (or not)?
    Irresponsible dog owners with extending dog leads, pah!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

and no, cats do not bury their shit.

Some do. Last week I watched our (recently acquired) cat dig a sizeable hole in a flower bed, pinch off a steamer into it, then cover it back up again and smooth off the soil. I was most impressed.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I have ultrasonic repeller things in the front garden. They have been effective on cats dogs and foxes to date. Unfortunately they have all started crapping on the pavement or road near where they used to crap. Out of range of the device. At least I can hose that area down

funkmasterp

extending dog leads

Should be banned 😡

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Dog shit in front garden’ is closed to new replies.