• This topic has 55 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by core.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Dog poo in your house.
  • zippykona

My parents have recently sold their house and the people buying it said that some of the houses they saw had dog poo in them.
    My brother who was a postman said that he frequently saw dog poo in people’s houses when he had to collect a signature. Houses with kids in at that.
    At what point does a person sink so low that they think that is acceptable living? Not only one person has to accept it but by some fluke their spouse is also of the same opinion. I would have thought winning the lottery would be easier, obviously not.
    Yours ,shocked of Epsom.

nwgiles

I hope this is a troll, as that is wrong.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wtf?
    Knowing you’ve got someone coming to do a viewing and you leave a dog shit in display? I’d be mortified if there was one on the path outside let alone curled out in the corner of the kitchen 😯

Houns

When I was 8 my parents were looking at houses. Can remember being taken to one that they liked, it had dog shit everywhere, I cried all the way home and told them not to buy it

piemonster

But cat poo is ok though isn’t it?

Mantastic
    Free Member

When working for the council many years ago, I did house visits to check the conditions of the houses. When families lived in adjacent houses they used to knock the internal walls down, we called them bang bangs. Anyway upon visiting a suspected bang bang while insoecting the place a dog rushes past me and takes a shit in the bath.

The owner proudly announced he had trained the dog to do that, I was speechless. I have two dogs and we have had the odd accident but its cleaned up immediately. Can’t believe folks would leave dog turd laying around in their houses. However having seen with my own eyes I know dogs can be trained to shit in the bath.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I used to go out with girl who’s mum had two of those little dogs, a poodle and a miniature Yorkshire terrier I think.

She used to let them piss and shit in the kitchen at night. Just used to put some newspaper down.

It was rank.

BoardinBob

Did house clearances years ago. Dog and cat shit strewn houses were commonplace. Drove up to a house one morning and two of my coworkers were vomiting in the front garden. The living room contained a mountain of cat shit. 30 cats living in the house and the owner just let them shit in the corner. Also did a house where the guy had a dog and let it shit everywhere. The shit just got trampled into the carpet and floorboards.

Unless you’ve seen it with your own eyes you have no idea what kind of squalor some people choose to live in

toppers3933
    Free Member

Mrs toppers was a child are social worker until recently. Some of the places she visited dog poo on the floor would have been a vast improvement.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Knowing you’ve got someone coming to do a viewing and you leave a dog shit in display?

Trying to sell to like minded individuals?

sadexpunk

plenty of the houses on the estates round here have dog sh*te on the floors. we visit them as part of our job, and some of them just make your eyes water and feel sick the stench is that bad.

had one the other day where all downstairs was covered in p*ss, poo and dog hair all matted together. all on the stairs too. the occupants were happily sat in their front room eating snacks.
    “sorry about the mess through there, havent had chance to clean up yet” was the explanation.
    you dont know whether to report it or not, but there were no kids living there so left em to it :-/

trail_rat
    Free Member

Used to do evicted rental clearance an decorating on one summer off uni.

Knew we were going to be on a good one when the boy had scrawled his name on the door in red crayon and had taken his stuff out by removing the front window – then left it sat in the garden.

Gets in – stinks

Looks in bathroom – walls are covered in faeces – the toilets piled high – the bath has quite a few in. Went to leave and noticed the hall was and back of the door are covered – as if he had been chucking them at the door….

Called the boss and telt him to get someone with appropriate ppe and equipment to sort it.

Since then never been surprised at what i find in folks houses.

psling
    Free Member

As a surveyor I have visited houses with cat and dog faeces in them, often homes with young children in them.
    On more than one occasion I have been in houses with human excrement about the place. Without wishing to generalise, the people living in their own filth were elderly alchoholic males living alone.

project
    Free Member

Quite common, have worked in numerous homes with litle poohs in the corner, and 2 spring to mind, they where breeding dogs in the spare room upstairs, both got bought by nice people as soon as the heating went on the stench was terrible, as urine from the bitches and her suitors along with all the puppies soaked into the chipboard floors, we had the job of removing the floor door frames and arictrave, and replacing it, first and last time ive ever been sick on a customers lawn, in the end we had to throw the stuff straight out of the window, onto the drives.

Oh and both houses where repo homes, so the dog owners didnt care,and saw dog breding as a easy source of income.

beagle
    Free Member

Terrible! Seriously.

Saying that, my sister in laws little cockapoo pup left a present in the hallway recently. All the guests in the house were screaming/shouting for kitchen roll etc. The little pup must have been embarrassed cos he ran back in the house and ate it. Cue more screaming/shouting.

I didn’t tell the father in law this story later on when his face was getting a right good licking though!

brakes
    Free Member

the guys next door to me in an old house had the ground floor and a basement of a townhouse. the dogs lived downstairs; they were 3 massive albino alsation type things. every day they used to swill out the dog’s mess down the drain. it was like the basement was a stable for the dogs.
    at least they cleaned up after them though.

piha
    Free Member

Like many of the posters above, I’ve visited a lot of homes in socially and economically challenged areas through work. After many years of visiting such places I’m still utterly amazed at the way some people can live. It can be stomach churning to spend any amount of time in these homes due to rotting food, excrement and general filth. However, I do think that a large percentage of these types of homes are in such a state due to the resident struggling to cope with everyday pressures – money, stress, work etc. These people need a bit of help but sadly this help appears to be lacking.

The remaining small percentage of filthy homes I see, the residents seem to not care what state their home is in. These people infuriate me and need their arses kicking.

globalti
    Free Member

This thread just confirms my belief that many people are actually living on the edge of insanity. You only have to walk around the edges of an urban area and look at some of the old farms and see the debris of various failed projects to know this. In rural Britain you see old Victorian houses with no heating or insulation and I’m pretty sure that most of the occupants are either stoned or pissed every evening, especially when you go further north into the lands of long depressing winter nights.

Not all dogs poo indoors though: years ago my very snooty mother was entertaining some snooty Women’s Institute ladies for afternoon tea when her batty old Gordon setter shambled into view in the garden. All the ladies were oohing and aaahing and admiring the lovely doggie when she squatted down and nipped off a huge steaming pile right on the patio. This caused much consternation and embarrassment, but things went from bad to even worse when the dog turned round, sniffed it… then scoffed the lot!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

My GF’s dogs are trained to pee and poop in the garden corner.

She’d go ballistic if they did it in the house or street.

TheFlyingOx

Unfortunately, OP, it does happen.
    The wife’s mum – raging, helpless alcoholic – has a little toy dog thing that craps everywhere. Her flat stinks, and she knows it and is embarrassed by it, but does nothing about it.

I’d go with the sentiments above – mental health plays a large part in it. Not being able to cope with the little things, but fooling yourself that everything’s fine by doing the big things, i.e. the new kitchen the M-I-L has just had installed rather than spending 1/10th as much on replacing the carpets and getting some cleaners in.

BigJohn

I’m fitting a bathroom in a house for a customer and their 8 yr old Jack Russell keeps leaving little presents for me. It’s the kind of house that you wipe your feet when you leave.

gonzy
    Free Member

maybe they like playing this game….

…only with a real dog

derek_starship
    Free Member

I remember going to a house way back in the early 90s. There were HUGE doglogs all over the living room carpet. was stunned and appalled and careful with my footfall!

I also remember going to the loo and being intrigued by the sound of fans coming from one of the bedrooms. I poked my nose round the door to see several racks housing about 40 VCRs. A 14″ portable TV showed that Jurassic Park was being replicated.

Woody
    Free Member

Dog/cat/human shit in houses is a very common sight in my job (Paramedic) as the occupants, even if they were capable of cleaning, don’t usually have the time or inclination to bother. Alcoholics are the most common but some mental health patients can be particularly stomach churning. It’s not just dogs that eat their own excrement!

Apologies if anyone is about to have lunch. 😐

lemonysam
    Free Member

Apologies if anyone is about to have lunch.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to have nutella and peanut butter sarnies.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s not just dogs that eat their own excrement!

One thing I haven’t seen yet. Smeared all round the cell, yes, a number of times. Eating it 😯

eskay

I think there was a dog taking a dump in the house in most episodes of The Osbournes.

It’s not just dogs that eat their own excrement!

My wife is a nurse and I can vouch for that statement, she seems to enjoy telling stories like that at the dinner table.

natrix
    Free Member

I managed to get about £30K off when I bought my current house, due to poor decoration and piles of cat crap in the ‘cat room’ that had put other vendors off for months. I just replaced a couple of carpets and redecorated – bargain 🙂

DenDennis
    Free Member

its not just the pov stricken or gone-of-sanity either you know.

I was told by a builder I once worked with that he’d been for a morning meeting on the house he was doing up for a well to do big city lawyer.
    client was sat there eating his frosties with a steaming dog plop just on the kitchen floor nearby.
    Builder subtly pointed this out to him in case he hadn’t noticed, but was reassured that the housekeeper would deal with it later. 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

My lad just bought his first house. The first job was to rip out all the flooring and the kitchen as it was covered in dog shit and piss.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

just off to toilet to be sick

oh wait may as well just do it on my office carpet!!!

Legoman
    Free Member

HOLD ON RIGHT THERE…… DOGS EAT THEIR OWN TURDS??? REALLY?

Any some of you keep these things inside your houses? For fun??

What the hell are you thinking??

hooli

Some of these stories are unreal, don’t know if I should feel pity or disgust 😥

Dickyboy

DOGS EAT THEIR OWN TURDS??? REALLY?

friends dog wears a muzzle to prevent it eating other dogs do do – even during evacuation….

binners

I can see the other side of the argument here though. Houses with dogs in generally smell so rank anyway (dog owners can try and delude themselves otherwise, but its true) that the odd steaming turd isn’t really isn’t going to make that much difference, in the grand scheme of things.

I’m with the Muslamics on this one. Dogs are filthy animals that belong outdoors

richc
    Free Member

Not all dogs poo indoors though: years ago my very snooty mother was entertaining some snooty Women’s Institute ladies for afternoon tea when her batty old Gordon setter shambled into view in the garden. All the ladies were oohing and aaahing and admiring the lovely doggie when she squatted down and nipped off a huge steaming pile right on the patio. This caused much consternation and embarrassment, but things went from bad to even worse when the dog turned round, sniffed it… then scoffed the lot!

Sad but true fact this behaviour has been bred into dogs, as its beneficial to us not to have sewage/excrement lying around as it can cause diseases, its pretty disgusting but is/was a very useful trait especially in very poor regions of the world.

Mine used to be very adept that finding trail side logs left by riders in Leigh Woods, usually down by the railway line after doing the descent near Paradise bottom 🙁

What the hell are you thinking??

Mainly thinking of all the positives they bring to your life, like lower stress level and generally being more happy with yourself and the world. All medically proven facts of dog ownership.

Just think how bad those houses would be without a dog cleaning up some of the shit etc……

5thElefant
    Free Member

That’s nothing, some people keep babies in the house!

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve been to a derelict block of flats in which the junkies has managed the spectacular feat of spraying their watery shit about 5′ up the wall, the entire length of a corridor, presumably direct from their bent over spread wide anus. After waking them from their wacked out state they didn’t bat an eye lid to having all 3 emergency services in their flat, having climbed on via ladder. It took about half hour of small talk before the penny dropped and one of them then showed us into another flat where earlier on in the bad their mate took some real good gear, went blue, stopped breathing and died. Business as usual for the lowest rung junkies.

boxfish
    Free Member

Mine used to be very adept that finding trail side logs left by riders in Leigh Woods

How did you divine that said logs were left by riders? Is there some sort of course you can go on? Bristol stool chart, anyone?

“Ah, yes. I can see from the nobbles on this one that it’s been deposited by a gnarr-core mince-lite all-mountain-er.”

gonzy
    Free Member

I’m with the Muslamics on this one. Dogs are filthy animals that belong outdoors

time to get the ray guns out then…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Dog poo in your house.’ is closed to new replies.