Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dog friendly hotels, THIS SATURDAY, Cumbria
  • samuri
    Free Member

Just Saturday night, two people and a dog. Left it a bit late I know, especially for bank holiday weekend but hey, someone might have a worthy suggestion.

I’ve done all the laterooms and booking.com and things. They’re rubbish for searching for dog friendly places. Half the time you have to book the room *then* phone the hotel to see if you can take the dog or not.

Anywhere that’s half decent, remote is fine, nice food and beer essential.

Nearer to Buttermere the better.

paulevans
    Free Member

Try the Apple Pie, Ambleside

tetchypete
    Free Member

Try phoning a Tourist Information Centre, although I think you’ll be very lucky to find somewhere for one night, on one of the busiest bank holidays of the year. Most places will either be booked up or want a minimum 2 or 3 night stay. You might get a last minute cancellation I suppose. Good luck.

samcamsdad

Damson dene hotel 4 miles south of Bowness take dogs. Not exactly close to buttermere though, but decent food, and some great local pubs nearby for ale.

langylad
    Free Member

Took our dog to the Boot and Shoe in Greystoke, just off the A66 10 mins out of Keswick a couple of years ago. Rooms are ok ish but it is a nice traditional style pub and the food is good.

sandwicheater

Front Page

Had our wedding there, definitely dog friendly. Not every room but a fair amount.

If you struggle can recommend a dog sitter that will collect your hound and drop it off the next day. Big grounds for it to run around in etc.

onehundredthidiot

Graysonside? Cockermouth. Fancy b&b.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks guys, tried some of the above. No joy, even tried the other side of the motorway, not happening.
    I’ll give it a miss but thanks for the suggestions, my own fault for suggesting we just go somewhere this weekend at the last minute. We’ll just go out for a big walk with the dog and pub lunch on Monday somewhere remote.

This does of course mean I’ll have to go out cycling on Sunday. Nightmare.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

We were in the same boat as you, missus says Oh lets go to Keswick for the weekend, very lucky to have it in her family a cottage in Portinscale but it was booked up so I got the last doggy room at the Mary Mount Hotel on the lake shore, ace spot & if the weather is good then chill out post ride or walk with a few beers on the waters edge but next time there’s a group of hotels In & around Keswick, here’s a link, again tried every one & full to the gunnels.

http://www.lakedistricthotels.net/dog-friendly-hotels.php

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dog friendly hotels, THIS SATURDAY, Cumbria’ is closed to new replies.