Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Dog Bite!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is there any point in reporting it now though? i dont have a name of the person (or the dogs 😆 ), only the place of course? cant really see that thats going to be much use to anyone though

Ewan
    Free Member

Could be a kid next time, should be put down.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It could be some kids face next time.

Not could be; it will be a small child’s face next time. 😥

And it will be the OP’s fault for not reporting it.

Which is pretty much accessory to murder, as the Law stands.

I saw a muzzled Pomerainan the other day. I had to laugh. I asked the owner if it was a dangerous dog, and she said ‘actually he’s too bitey’. Tiny little thing you could’ve put it in a pocket.

But it could quite easily kill and eat a small child. You just can’t be too careful. It’s good to see such a responsible dog owner.

An evil, vicious killer:

hora
    Free Member

So 7pm, dark on a footpath where a walker was killed previously, a walker with her 3 dogs (probably startled and scared) goes into defence mode and bites and you don’t think its your fault?

You shouldn’t even have been there FFS.

No sympathy.

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

There’s a guy on another thread who might kick the dogs and the owners head in for you if you ask nicely……….

joolsburger
    Free Member

I own a dog. You should phone the police and report it. A dog that bites is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

D0NK

so not read the post properly then hora?

metronidazole, yep I had them once the pharmacist handed me the bag and said no drinking I nodded, she kept hold of the bag and said “Absolutley no drinking, at all, not even one, you will DIE!” I practically had to sign a release form to be let out of the shop.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hora – Member

So 7pm, dark on a footpath where a walker was killed previously, a walker with her 3 dogs (probably startled and scared) goes into defence mode and bites and you don’t think its your fault?

You shouldn’t even have been there FFS.

No sympathy.

😆 cock 😆

defence mode??? what for me being there?!?!?!?! as opposed to she should have the whole woods to her self with no body else in sight? cant you see the point that if i was there without a bike the outcome probably would have been the same?!!?!

i ride up there and expect to get grief for riding, i dont however expect to get bitten by a dog….

what the hell has being scared got to do with it? if shes scared of the dark, the last place she would want to be is up in those woods at night WITH NO LIGHTS ON!

hora
    Free Member

I question your version. I’d like to hear the other parties story rather than cyclists out on a cheeky and nasty dog goes for me’.

freeridenick
    Free Member

was the walker killed by a cyclist??

D0NK

I question your version. I’d like to hear the other parties story rather than cyclists out on a cheeky and nasty dog goes for me’.

yeah but unless you subscribe to dangerousdogwalkersworld you’re not likely to 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

You say you were waiting at the gate, so infact you were not riding your bike and in “theory” you could have been intending to push it along the remainder of the path to keep in terms of the law – I know your weren’t intending too, but you were not riding at the time of the “attack”

Therefore, I would report it to the Police for all the reasons mentioned above, a woman with 4 dogs, especially a couple of Alsatians shouldn’t be too hard to track down by a local beat officer, even if a quiet word is made and advice on dog control may only on the cards it may make this woman think differently how she excercises her dogs in public.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hora – Member

question it fair enough, but read the whole thing first….

if you bothered to read my poor rant, then you would read i was being courteous, i waited and waited for the women/dogs to come right down the bank/path towards the gate to let her and her dogs through to cause as little as startling as possible, she saw me plenty away away…she wasnt startled, she was already having a pop at me long before we even got close to each other…..the dog that bit me was on the leash, therefore startled or not, she should have controlled it surely?!

i understand your view on the riding situation, i agree, i shouldnt be there, but i am, and i will continue to do so until forcefully shoved off….does this mean i deserve to be bitten by a dog?!?!??!?!? does this mean that the dog wouldnt attack a walker that dared to cross its path on a dark night up there??!!?!? the bike becomes irrelevant the more i think about it!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

freeridenick – Member

really not sure bud, im guessing it must have been if true as i cant see why else they would have banned cycles, its a cracking bit of fun, loads of singletrack (but not majorly narrow that you cant accomodate both cycles and walkers alike if you get me) lots and loads of off piste stuff (which i use)….i literally have to use the path the woman was walking on to get to the off piste, then after that you would not see another person walking where i ride for at least 3 miles, its totally like cannock off road piste!

but it could be urban myth for all i know, it was supposedly a few years back before i got back into it! googled it plenty before and never had a result….

D0NK

you know it’s funny* I keep hearing about walkers getting killed by motorists but no one seems tempted to ban cars on the roads in question.

*by funny I mean “not amusing at all”

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

and as for ‘only my version of events’

well you will have to take my word….they are the truth, i have no financial gain out of lying, hell i didnt even tell the police nor take her number or dogs name etc so what on earth would i gain from doing so?!?!?!

the events are as told, i didnt go blaring towards her with 1800 lumens powering down on her and even if i did its a climb for about a mile so i wouldnt have been going at any speed…

the fact i waited at the gate suggests i did everything in my power to make this as easy as possible for her….

the moral of the story is to either a) dont go where you are suppose to not ride or b) get bitten by a dog for your troubles 😆

so it looks like ill be stocking up on antibiotics for the forseeable future…

anyways im glad other than hora that the general consensus was i didnt deserve to get bitten for riding off piste….that was all the point was really, and for people to put the thoughts across for not being able to control there bloody dogs!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

is there any point in reporting it now though? i dont have a name of the person (or the dogs ), only the place of course? cant really see that thats going to be much use to anyone though

it’s a crime, report it and get a crime number

then they can compare it with other reports of a woman with an alsation that bites people and take action

ignore the dog owners and associated trolls who tell you to put it down to experience/ it’s your own fault

GlitterGary
    Free Member

You should have got the dog in a headlock and then got the owner in a headlock.

That would have taught them.

takisawa2

One crime civil wrong doesnt lessen the seriousness of another a crime
    FTFY takisawa

😀
    bah.

And Elfin’s dog is the funniest thing I’ve seen today. Dont know why but it reminds me of the woman from The Thompson Twins.

MarkN
    Free Member

Dogs name is going to be Max. The woman was your mate so you dont need a name. 🙂

I reckon you should still call it in as this dog may have done this before or may do it again. The dog is dangerous and was not under proper control. Not sure how many people walk that number of dogs with one being an Alsation so should not be to hard to find.

I hope you mend quickly.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers for the kind words mark n. I hope karma has its place in her life sometime…

something that came flooding back to me yesterday was a classic parting comment by her ‘we’re both in the wrong here, so lets just leave it at that’….

me being the nice chap that i am 😉 (other than furiously swearing at her and her dog) pretty much agreed….

when things happen like that its only hindsight that makes you realise you should have reacted differently….again im really not sure she would have given me any details correctly nor contacting the police would have actually gained anything..it was regardless at the time as i had nothing on me to write any details down…

ill put it down to experience i guess, and hope that she decides to be a bit more careful (ie, a muzzle) in future, i have absolutly no problems seeing this woman/dog again as long as its controlled properly, if i see it again and its not then it will definitely be reported, as she clearly hasnt taken any responsibility to do a thing about the dog being out of control/or her not being in control……

i doubt ill see her again, ive never seen her in the 2 years ive been riding up there at night on the nights i go so perhaps she will lay low, or take them individually from now on…

anyways on the mend, 3 deep puncture wounds later, no swelling no red/soreness as suchm(worrying signs apparently), brusied and scabbed up….and ill be straight back out tonight with avengence 8)

piha
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly – Member

cheers for the kind words mark n. I hope karma has its place in her life sometime…
    ..ill put it down to experience i guess, and hope that she decides to be a bit more careful (ie, a muzzle) in future, i have absolutly no problems seeing this woman/dog again as long as its controlled properly, if i see it again and its not then it will definitely be reported, as she clearly hasnt taken any responsibility to do a thing about the dog being out of control/or her not being in control……

Oscillate Widly – I really think you need to report this as Karma doesn’t come in to it. As many others have said on this thread, it COULD be a childs face next time and you COULD help prevent this from happening by reporting it. If you were out and saw the aftermath of an attack by this dog how would you feel? I love dogs and especially boisterous dogs but dogs not being controlled properly by their owners is just unacceptable.

Hope your leg heals quickly.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well ive taken your advice, there was enough of it, and reported it….details and as much info as i could give, given! just said its good to keep on record and although they cant obviously do anything, should it happen again etc etc

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Our neighbours dogs attacked ours whilst my partner was walking past a few months ago. They also knocked my little lad over and tipped the pram with my 4 month old daughter in. The dogs are all staffordshire / bulldog types and ours is a cocker who generally will run through the woods to avoid other dogs on the path. Anyhoo we called the police who weren’t interested as this sort of thing is dealt with by the dog warden / council now. Don’t know if they visited, kinda hoping they didn’t as the family are in and out of prison for some quite serious stuff and I like my windows in one piece…

Woody
    Free Member

Difficult situation. My first reaction was that you should have belted the crap out of the one that bit you, which admittedly is easy to say when not out on a dark trail !!!! Then common sense took over and I realised there was a very good chance that had you done that you would have been facing ‘the pack’, and that would have included the owner.

My view is that as the owner was obviously not strong enough to hold/control the dog properly, she should have had it muzzled (she really shouldn’t have been out with it at all) and you should report it. I usually ignore the reactionary ‘could have been a childs face’ but in this case it is probably justified.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

feeling better about it now ive reported it, at least its on record should it happen again or if it ties up with another instance….though the police woman said as above, its the dog warden of the areas job to deal with the fact she has no control of it….obviously if it had sabotaged me etc then she would be in trouble, but as i have no contact details there is not much the police can do other than suggest the warden ‘catches’ her up there in act walking dogs unattended and having very little control….which to be honest is never going to happen given where it is…

still i guess ive done what everyone suggests so hopefully it wont happen again, and hopefully they should not need to contact me for a similar instance with the same dog!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I am pleased you have reported it – lets hope the dog warden finds her and advises that they and the police are aware of her and her dogs.

Scamper
    Free Member

The fact you were somewhere you shouldn’t have been is irrelevant. The dog still bit you and could have as easily just bit another walker anyway.

roblane65
    Free Member

having read all of this thread very carefully I say have a couple beers on your antibiotics you’ll get really p…ed on very little drink and youv’e saved the £15 you spent on them,so alls even.And you wont die,unless your savaged by an alsation that is. 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Dog Bite!’ is closed to new replies.