• This topic has 383 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 384 total)
  • Dog attack/police response
  • funkmasterp

I don’t think anything you typed warranted some of the responses you got. I’ve only been kicking around here for a couple of years, so didn’t know you in your former guise. You seem like a good egg from what you post though.

tjagain

funkmater – there is history that with some reason many folk want to have a go at me. You reap what you sew I guess

boblo
    Free Member

tjagain – Member
    funkmater – there is history that with some reason many folk want to have a go at me. You reap what you sew I guess

Quick quick! Sew, sew, sew, so, so, so, sow, oh, sow 🙂 Now that is unforgiveable 😀

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Many (about 72%) dog owners are like Chemical Ali.

Dogs don’t bite what are you talking about they have no teeth.

tjagain

Boblo – you got me – argghhhhhhh

piemonster

Four people in as many months globally is hardly an outbreak. Probably more than that killed by toasters.

700-800 per year according to my lazy googling.

But toasters are already on leads so they’re ok.

piemonster

Yes I know =- very trying indeed

I thought this was a debating tactic. Exhaust the opposition until no one’s left standing and victory can be claimed due to no one else being in the room. 😉 😛

kerley
    Free Member

I had one that broke free from it’s lead but luckily I have been around toasters all my life so naturally new how to react to it.

Putting that toaster down was one of the worst days of my life.

Watty

When I was little I was in the 1st Northolt Cubs. Originally the Cubs were called the Wolf Cubs, in fact some of the boys still had the old uniform. We were known collectively at a ‘Cub pack’. As far as I know we didn’t bite any cyclists.

anagallis_arvensis

I actually think a toaster would be safer off lead.

funkmasterp

I was taking some household waste to the local tip last week and was attacked by feral toasters. I still have wounds full of burnt crumbs and the police have done nothing.

Jamie
    Free Member

The only thing that’s worse than feral toasters, are feral toasters that don’t actually toast the whole slice.

You had one job.

DezB
    Free Member

A feral toaster, yesterday

(Well, probly in the 80s.)

aracer
    Free Member

I’m betting you don’t know how to behave around toasters.

plyphon
    Free Member

A good old afternoon tea-out-the-nose style snort over the keyboard, thanks.

boblo
    Free Member

You dog worshipers were warned and now it is a child’s face. Gah!

nasty doggy related incident which could have been avoided had Fido just been on a lead (speculation)

piemonster

Not a useful contribution in any way. But I found this a reminder of the dangers of not knowing how to behave around toasters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/firefighters-rescue-mans-penis-toaster-2346520

jimjam
    Free Member

Reading the link was enough to make me cross my legs.

Coyote
    Free Member

Many (about 72%) dog owners are like Chemical Ali.

Dogs don’t bite what are you talking about they have no teeth.

More than a bit of truth there…

Anyway, I find a small Jif lemon squeezy aimed front or back will usually deter a dog on the attack.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😯

Cougar

Reading the link was enough to make me cross my legs.

Reading the link made me wonder why he had a penis toaster which needed rescuing.

jimjam
    Free Member

Coyote

Anyway, I find a small Jif lemon squeezy aimed front or back will usually deter a dog on the attack.

I must try that on the big Alsatian down the road.

Coyote
    Free Member

That child clearly had no idea how to behave around dogs. The fault is entirely her mother’s for not teaching her.

matt_outandabout

😯

jimjam
    Free Member

So if “idiot” is worth three weeks, how long does that get you?

boblo
    Free Member

Blimey. It’s ‘meltdown Friday!’. Squirrelking is Donald Trump’s UK based, less politically correct, alter ego and I claim my £5… 😉

piemonster

Which team.is squirrel king on? I can’t remember anymore.

edlong
    Free Member

Many, many pages of pointless circular drivel ago, someone got attacked by a dog, reported it to the police and was bemoaning the lack of promised updates from said police.

To save me having to read all of the ensuing and entirely predictable dog arguing, does anyone know if there are actually any updates on the story along the way, and ideally on which page(s) I can find them?

aracer
    Free Member

Given I’ve no idea what you lot are on about as I can’t see a post by him, I presume the banned team?

boblo
    Free Member

Yep. He used a very naughty word (somehow) and is presumably now in the STW brig. Bad boy.

The word was so heinous, the post had to be expunged by ‘those with masterful powers….’.

theotherjonv

it’s your own fault for goading him. If you’d crossed your arms, looked away and ignored him he’d have gone somewhere else.

wynne
    Free Member

When I lived in S London I couldn’t go for a run or ride without being chased by a pitbull type dog. One day I was running through Sydenham woods when one of them started chasing me. I did the correct thing of stopping, thinking it might give up, but no, it jumped up and latched it’s jaws round my forearm and just sort of hung there. It wasn’t exactly biting but it had a firm grip. Anyway its owner appeared a few seconds later and all she said to me in a rather cooing way was ‘oooh he does like to play’. She then managed to coax him into releasing me. I was so flummoxed that I didn’t even manage to swear at her. Anyway, I got away with fang punctures in my waterproof and a bruised arm. A mate of mine (who is a massive wind up merchant) told me later that the best way to get a dog like that to release (its jaws) is to stick a finger up its behind. Would have been just my luck to have tried it and have the only beat officer on duty in S London turn up to see me anally probing a dog in the woods.
    So anyway, I’ve tried the not running and much as I am a great dog lover (not in a pervy way) my response since has been a firm boot in the chops and ask questions later.

funkmasterp

To save me having to read all of the ensuing and entirely predictable dog arguing, does anyone know if there are actually any updates on the story along the way, and ideally on which page(s) I can find them?

Tragic news. The OP was badly hurt by a rogue George Foreman grill.

tjagain

So there is Wynne who was bitten despite following the advice given by dog lovers several times on this thread..

anagallis_arvensis

Would he have got away had he kept running? Doubt it. Had he booted it in the spuds would he have escaped a bite, would he have made it angry? Who knows? Stopping a facing the dog will stop most not all. Sad thing is as Wynne didnt lose an arm the misguided mutt was most likely only “playing”

theotherjonv

So there is Wynne who was bitten despite following the advice given by dog lovers several times on this thread..

Oh god, here we go again.

IT WON’T SAVE YOU FROM A PROPER DOG ATTACK JUST AS A FIRM KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO CROSS ROADS WON’T SAVE YOU IF SOMEONE LOSES CONTROL WHILE TEXTING, MOUNTS THE PAVEMENT AND KNOCKS YOU OVER.

But it’ll stop you walking out in front of traffic.

tjagain

🙂
    Ah – earlier I was told this was the correct thing to do as it would stop dog attacks. Read back on the thread. It was given as the correct thing to do.

think I’ll stick with my keep on riding, 0ne gentle kick and if they come back for seconds boot as hard as I can tactic – ‘cos that has worked for me in the past

Coyote
    Free Member

Sad thing is as Wynne didnt lose an arm the misguided mutt was most likely only “playing”

“It was only playing”. It clamped it’s jaws around someones arm but it was only playing. Christ, you couldn’t write this stuff.

tjagain

Coyote – you can’t comment – you are some sort of dog yourself!

anagallis_arvensis

Dogs have a different idea of playing to humans, they will often bite each other playing. If it was indeed a pitbull type that clamped on his arm he’d have been seriously injured had it meant to cause damage rather than be “playing”.
    Not sure how this is hard to understand.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 384 total)

The topic ‘Dog attack/police response’ is closed to new replies.