Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Does Deliveroo hate cyclists?
  • Moses

You know the company, it subcontracts impoverished cyclists to deliver takeaways etc for little reward.

To hold the delivery goods it provides a massive dull black plastic box guaranteed to obscure any reflective clothing the cyclist wears, and which catches the wind making them wander all over the road. Generally the boxes seem to be mounted on seatposts, for maximum instability.

Is Deliveroo hoping they’ll all get killed?

If not, why don’t the company issue reflective boxes, or at least brightly coloured ones, plus racks and panniers to hold the loads more safely?

You tell me, Deliveroo, or do you not give a rat’s arse about safety?

animalchin
    Free Member

Agreed! They also give them dark coloured jackets and nothing in the way of lights on the stupid box. I also read that they effectively hire you as self employed so absolving themselves of insurance issues if there’s ever an accident.
    I was thinking about applying for a job with them just to see what the story is..

mrsfry
    Free Member

Jobs

😉

konabunny
    Free Member

Their choice of colours and materials for cyclists and scooter riders alike is abysmal

brooess
    Free Member

Well if we want our stuff delivered cheaply, the business is going to have to be a low-cost one isn’t it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Does Deliveroo hate cyclists?’ is closed to new replies.