Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Does anyone else walk round their house…
  • Richie_B

Rented a room off a guy who had re-wired the house giving him individual control of the 13amp sockets to each room from switches in his bedroom. If the music was too loud or late for him he cut the power. I’m always supprised more houses aren’t wired this way.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

organic355 – Member
    Ho hum – Member
    I feel your pain OP.
    At this time of year I also spend a lot of time closing doors to keep the warmth in rooms or not let the cold in.

Grrr!

[Pedant] Hot air has more potential energy than cool air. All energy systems naturally move toward a state of equilibrium, therefore, the heated air molecules will move toward the cooler air and disperse their energy until equilibrium is reached. High energy states progress toward lower energy states – hot moves toward cold.[/Pedant]

HTH

Surely, if the hot air escapes, its replaced by the cooler air, thus the cooler air still comes in?! 🙂

stumpy01

globalti – Member
    As an experiment I bought three “warm” 5 watt LEDs for the kitchen where we have 12 x 12v halogens in the ceiling.

The light is a horrible dull pink colour; I’m putting the trannies and 12v bulbs back in. You can’t beat that bright sharp light that a halogen bulb gives. I’ll try agin in a few years.

We had 3 50W halogen GU10’s in the kitchen and have been replacing them as they blow with B&Q Diall 6W LED GU10’s.
    They are virtually indistinguishable from the halogens. Before we’d replaced all three, there is no way you could tell which one was halogen and which one was LED without looking up at the light fitting.
    We got the ‘warm’ ones, but I think you can get cooler versions too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Richieb – that guy was a genius!

franksinatra

I would like every socket in my house to have a switch so you could flick it to either primary or secondary circuit. Every essential item like fridge, fish pump, gimo cave extractor fan, slow cooker, would be on primary and everything else, including lights, would be on secondary. Then when I leave the house in the morning I could flick the switch and all secondary would turn off (a bit like leaving a hotel room)

Seem obvious, no?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

gimo cave

what’s one of them?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else walk round their house…’ is closed to new replies.