Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • does anyone else get text over pictures on here?
  • organic355
    Free Member

its been happening for a while now, but sometime when pictures are posted, the follwing post appears over the picture in the previous post.

Using google chrome

althepal

I have the same here.. Mostly on the pc.

BFITH
    Free Member

yep – sometimes – hit F5 to refresh page….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Happens to me on my HTC desire.

GrahamS

All fine here on Firefox 7.
    Not seen it on the phone either (Safari).

5lab

seems to happen when the pictures take a while to load, almost as if the page renders the text without the pics loaded. Happens here on ie7

SaxonRider

Happens all the time to me both on Explorer (at work) and on Firefox (at home). I can’t remember if it happens on Safari on my Mac, though…

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Example url please (and screenshot if you can manage) and I’ll look into it.

richmtb

Yeah I get it, bit if you refresh the page it sort itself out.

passtherizla
    Free Member

yeah i get it too…

organic355
    Free Member

patrick singletrack

I emailed you a screen grab from the watch thread, sorry could be bothered uploading it.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Thank for the screenshot

I’ve just checked on various machines in the office and managed to duplicate the issue. It seems to be cached CSS files – You need to force a refresh. For Windows – Ctrl + F5 will normally do the trick

stumpy01

I don’t have this problem, but on my phone, I sometimes get large square ads that cover the navigation buttons at the top (not all of them).

So, when one of these ads appears, there doesn’t seem to be a way to clear it, and I can’t press on, for example, the “bike forum” button. I have to navigate somewhere else, and then go back.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

What phone are you using?

stumpy01

HTC Desire….using the standard browser.

The ads look to be proportionally about the same size as the square ones running down the RHS of the page. Can’t remember exactly what they were for, although one might have been L’Oreal; ‘cos I’m worth it, obviously.

will
    Free Member

I had this n the computer. Found it only happened when I wasn’t logged in. Once I logged in all was fine!

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Checking my Samsung Galaxy S now – can’t see any issues. What version of Android are you running on the Desire

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Hi will, Which “this” do you mean? We’ve broadened this out to two separate issues.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Using virtual machine running 2.2

stumpy01

I’m on Android 2.2

Next time it happens again (and I’m at home) I’ll take a photo of the screen to upload (unless there’s an easy way to screen dump)….?

To be honest, it’s no big deal, as I just go back to the home page & start over. I just thought I’d mention it, as I thought it would me something you weren’t aware of but might like to look into.

MrOvershoot

The txt over pictures has been like that on my work IE7 connection for ages (just used to hit F5 and on the reload it would come good). No issues at home on FF though

Like this in the dino thread

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

If it’s happening repeatedly even after you’ve refreshed the cache – that suggests it’s not a cached CSS issue.

I’m rather caught up with other jobs at present but will look in detail as some of these legacy issues as soon as I can.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I have had endless problems with Chrome viewing STW, I stopped using Chrome.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Surprised you would have difficulties with Chrome – I use it as my main browser and would tend to spot issues. Having said that – I’ve only been here since the end of June so I don’t know about before.

If anyone is still having issues with Chrome or any other browser, please do bring them to my attention. I have limited time in each day but will do my best to resolve the most serious issues first.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘does anyone else get text over pictures on here?’ is closed to new replies.