Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Does anyone else cut their own hair?
  • mrkstvnz
    Free Member

I’ve got clippers, number one now and again lovely jubbly . I probably let it grow to a number 5-6 then buzz it off,5mins done. Anyone else do their own hair? I’ve prob been doing it for a few years now. Vanity not an issue.

kayak23

I always do. Not got much of it so buzz it all over every now and then without a guard on the clippers.
    I usually miss little bits here and there, much to the amusement of friends.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

nedrapier

Yup, (very) short back and sides every few weeks.

Genes have taken care of the top.

sc-xc

Yeah, once a week with clippers (no guard, right down)

tonyd

Yep, clippers for me too although no buzz. Grade 6 on top, 4 back and sides, 2 on sideboards etc.

Cut my own for 10 years or so, then barbers for 4-5 years before going back to the clippers last year. My sister got me some very nice fancy cordless ones for Xmas.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Yep number one here myself every few weeks with the clippers 🙂

pondo

With a bit of forethought, you can link a sideways Mohican into a full face loop –

MrNice
    Free Member

are you the 5th teletubby?

ads678

I do, with clippers.

no.5 on top grading to a no.3 down the sides then no. on the bottom bit round the ears and neck. I’ve been doing it for years and can even grade the back of my head ‘blind’.

I just get the wife to have a quick check, she’s probably taking the piss out of me though and the back looks shit!!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Number zero, cranked right down, every two or three weeks – wahl clippers, now circa 20 year vintage, paid for themselves many times over.

stevious

#2 all over for me. Wife tidies up the bit around the neck.

I spend the money I’ve saved on important things.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yes, clippers again

soobalias
    Free Member

ive paid for one haircut in 15yrs.

clippers 6/4/2

mike_p
    Free Member

Wahl clippers, 8 on top, 4 then 2 and grade it in.

I’ve not paid for a haircut in years…

unovolo
    Free Member

Yep not been to the barbers for about 9-10years now.

Think I had some dubious early attempts but quite good at it now, god knows what the back looks like but nobody points and stares when I’m out so it must be reasonable.

wwaswas

that bloke with the blue pole growing out of his right ear must struggle, I can understand missing a big bit like that.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes. Wahl clippers zero all round for more than 14 years now.

somouk
    Free Member

Yeah, got fed up of paying stupid prices at the barbers so decided number 1 all over was more appealing.

Been doing that for about 4 years now and not thought about changing it yet.

40mpg

Only time I had an issue was when I’d just started with a big stripe up the rear 3/4, and my clippers jammed up, never to work again. It was 11.30 on a saturday morning, and the only option was the unisex hairdressers down the road which shut at 12.

They had some mirth, and I had a close shave (literally)

🙄

miketually
    Free Member

Until about a year ago, I was a #2 all over every month or so.

I get it cut now, every 5 or 6 weeks. It costs me a massive £5.50 each time.

I mainly started leaving it longer because everyone else I work with is balding and/or greying so it seems rude to shave off my lovely locks 🙂

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Number 1 (summer)3 (winter) all over and trim my sideburns. Do it myself and get the missus/step daughter to go over it and do the back. Not paying £5 for someone do that for me. Keep it short because Motorbike helmet hair is not a good look.

And if i let it grow, i’d look like a bog brush.

Harry_the_Spider

0 all over every 2 weeks.

piemonster

Yep, one grade.

I’m not bothered, and haven’t been for some time.

wiggles
    Free Member

Yep invested £15 in some clippers 2-3 years ago and do 5 all over every few weeks, before that i didn’t cut my hair for 3 years… So technically this isn’t really saving me money.

crankrider
    Free Member

Yea shave mine myself, number 4 or 5 or whatever it is and a bit shorter on back and sides, get the mrs to trim the fluff off my neck… done.

Yes i probably do look like a pleb.

grizedaleforest

Many years ago lived in remotest west africa. No barbers. No clippers. Scissors, mirror and job done. Never ever got both sides of my head the same. Only had one mirror so never saw the back. Used to do it by touch.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, guard off clipper cut.
    Every Sunday night..
    Sometimes treat myself to a Turkish head shave too..

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Shaving your heads with clippers is hardly the same as a haircut, I’m not sure how anyone could go wrong doing that! I cut mine, have done for many years, and it’s shoulder length and layered – that is cutting hair 😀

IanW
    Free Member

For at least 20yrs with clippers and a few hash attempts with scissors before that.

I now have a nice set of lithium battery clippers which do my whole head the same grade every few days and most of my body once a year for summer bear look.

loddrik
    Free Member

Clippers here. No attachments and as close as they will go. Once a week is enough. If a cure for baldness came along I wouldn’t be interested. Hair is a pain in the arse and I’m beautiful enough without it.

aa
    Free Member

Yup, an infrequent no.3 cuz all the other grader thingies broke

househusband

Yup, #1 guard on the Wahl’s but use the lever at the side to make it a wee bit longer.

oldboy
    Free Member

Yes.

ste_t
    Free Member

I don’t work as hard as do to walk around with a council cut.

carlosg
    Free Member

Every other week clip off and then bic’d right down to the wood as I have done for the last 18 years since my bald patch started growing. Anyone who judges me as a scumbag by my haircut isn’t worth my time!

bigblackshed

The Wife used to when we were poorer. And the boys too. My eldest started to want a “style” about 4 years ago, so took him to the barbers. Not that he cares now. I started going too, I hit 40 and still have an impressive amount of hair, so decided I should go with a hair style rather than a hair cut.

Still look like a ****. Just with better hair.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Yep; no.2 guard, head & face, every couple of weeks. No shaving, no combing of hair in the mornings…brilliant. Been doing it for as long as I can remember.

crankboy
    Free Member

I cut my hair myself with clippers and No 1 grade have done for about 15 years. I decided to meet baldness half way when I was in my twenties. I look a lot better with short hair and it would be madness to pay for such a simple cut.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Haven’t paid for a cut in ten years. Grade three, head and face every two weeks. Easy life.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else cut their own hair?’ is closed to new replies.