Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dodgy Scott frame
  • johnmerry
    Free Member

Hi all

Just thought I would warn future Scott owners of the trouble I have had with my spark 30, basically three frame failures in two years from new with no crashes, replaced every time by Scott but dread the time when the warranty runs out.

Just thought I would let you know

Cheers

John

wwaswas
    njee20
    Free Member

Was your warning of 3 days ago not enough?

Plenty of people don’t have problems, what are you doing?

scaled
    Free Member

2 years and no crashes? You ain’t riding hard enough bud 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sour grapes? You need to move on with your life before your grief overwhelms you.
    You’re still doing it wrong.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Some people do break stuff. Just pick somthing different and move on

BearBack
    Free Member

This thread is useless without information!

tomhoward

I’m confused. Is this a post about how ace the Scott warranty is? Or how brilliant the bike is, as you’ve had 3 break, but not sold the warranty replacement? Or are you trying to tell us you have been at the pies a litle too hastily the last couple of years?

nick1962
    Free Member

Who ate all the pies indeed and a nice little apostrophe issue for the grammar nerds.

chief9000
    Free Member

Why is everyone so tough with this guy?

nicholasnismo
    Free Member

Agreed get a grip and lay off him.

johnmerry
    Free Member

Ha ha that’s funny, I get linked with that labour dude a lot.

Ha ha

John

simondbarnes

Why is everyone so tough with this guy?

Because he’s registered purely to slag off a manufacturer and has made zero contribution to the forum?

titusrider
    Free Member

As said above, sell the warranty replacement and put up or give us some more info so we can be outraged with you. There’s an interesting story here that you are leaving out, that makes us suspicious

tomhoward

Or indeed, to the 2 threads he’s started…

radoggair
    Free Member

Hi all,

just thought i’d warn all future owners of chains that i have snapped 2 in a year, 1 SRAM and 1 shimano. On both occasions i somehow managed to stick in some quick links and fix them. This though is not the point. I strongly urge EVERYONE never to buy a chain again ( and yes i also snapped a KMC one about 5 years ago), and to walk up hills ( not an issue for most people judging by trail centres nowadays) and to freewheel downhills. Be wary not to freewheel to fast or you may make your suspension forks go up and down to often leading to a possible service every now and again

My job here is done

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Having looked at the Scott line up over the last few years issues like those for not change my mind at all. The bikes still look rubbish I’m surprised the mad proprietary shocks didn’t kill them off.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy Scott frame’ is closed to new replies.