Home Forums Bike Forum Scott carbon problem

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Scott carbon problem
  • johnmerry
    Free Member

Hi all

Just want whoever is considering buying a carbon framed Scott mtb to think twice, I have had three frame brakes through normal Xc use with no crashes.

Regards

John

wwaswas

*pulls up chair*

Northwind

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Is this the answer to who ate all the pies? 😀

titusrider
    Free Member

You big tease 😉

do tell…

warpcow
    Free Member

think twice

three frame brakes[sic]

‘Do as I say, not as I do’ then? 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Oooo first post too…..

legend
    Free Member

And have Scott sorted you out every time? Or have they now declined to warranty, leading to intarweb rant?

akira

Never had any returned to the shop in many years, more details required unless you enjoy being mocked in the internet.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

spazlol

PiknMix
    Free Member

Brew anyone?

tomhoward

0.5/10 (for ‘brakes’)

Garibaldi anyone? Not you OP, you appear to have had too many already.

rs
    Free Member

I have had three frame brakes

Are these new? are they better than disc brakes?

orangeboy
    Free Member

This should make for an entertaining evening
    Are you on the large side op

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’re doing it wrong.

radoggair
    Free Member

is it a road frame you used xc?, a cyclocross, maybe a scale xc?, what about a genius or a spark? is it 26″ or a 29er, maybe it was a one off bmx. I need info before deciding whether the millions scott have spent on development and testing should be dismissed as pointless

andyl
    Free Member

sorry, couldn’t resist.

Do need a lot more info though.

johnmerry
    Free Member

Here is more info for those genuinely interested, the bike is a Scott spark 30 2010 model, my total riding weight is 11stone, I ride xc and trail centre red and black, the frame cracked twice around the main pivot both times replaced within 10 days, then the drive side chainstay cracked and Scott disputed that it was a fault so I had to (advised by scott) send it to hq fibre products in Norfolk who agreed with me that it was a fault and was again exchanged by Scott. I don’t doubt the quality of aftercare by the company but the point is I shouldn’t have to! 1 fault is maybe excusable but 3?? As I have previously said no crashes or knocks what so ever, maybe through luck or that I’m bloody good!!!! Hope no one has to go through the ball ache of all the hassle this has caused, otherwise good luck to you if you never have a problem.

Ta ta

johnmerry
    Free Member

No smart arse reply? Must all be Scott owners secretly bricking it!?

richpips
    Free Member

Oh, so your bike broke and they replaced it.

I’m shocked.

Sancho
    Free Member

From experience as a scott dealer for twelve years I have never seen one break as you described. I would say that you got good treatment from them for the replacement but what are you doing now have you got a frame from another manufacturer

Sancho
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone is bricking it

tomhoward

HOLY THREAD RESSURECTION BATMAN!

How’s your one man crusade going? I’m guessing not well?

radoggair
    Free Member

just to flip the balance, i’ve a scale carbon 29er and its been fine throughout all xc and otherwise riding, thus including crashes, minor falls et al. Because solely of this, anyone riding a scott, or infact any other mtb can rest assured that because of me nothing will ever break on their own bikes.

rusty90
    Free Member

Been thrashing my scale for over 3 years with lots of enthusiasm, a minimum of skill and several spectacular involuntary dismounts, and it now has a bit of heel rub on one of the chainstays. I’m totally gutted.

scottfitz
    Free Member

My favourite quote of the year, random I know but I thought I would share.

“Bikes ride the way they do because of their geometry. It’s got **** all to do with wheel size or over priced carbon composite marketing bullshit.”
    Quote from here

v666ern
    Free Member

You ride blacks, on a bike, you is da shiz homi!
    You sure your not that labour dude?
    Ps what was the outcome, I’m guessing 10 months on you’ve bought something else? Serious now ❓

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Scott carbon problem’ is closed to new replies.