Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • dodgy road markings
  • andy7t2
    Free Member

just thought i’d ask your advice about the following

got home tonight to find the local council had painted road markings on the pavement opposite my house

more photo’s here

i’ve tried to contact the council but no response yet, it seems a bit dangerous to me and not sure who has right of way pedestrians or cars

if they have turned it into a road access do they need to consult with us and should they put kerbs at the side to make it obvious to everyone

Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do about it

Cheers

Tom83

You would have thought at the very least it needs the bumps on the floor for blind people. They’d be walking right into the road if not!

Andituk
    Free Member

Are you sure it was the council? Something about the whole thing doesn’t look right to me. Whats the new tarmac for? Parking? For what?

Taff
    Free Member

That’s not right, that’s a crossover so shouldn’t have road marking on it. I bet there were originally two plans – a cross over and a bell mouth and they got everything jumbled

andy7t2
    Free Member

the tarmac is for parking and entrance to a sports field, it’s been an entrance for as long as i can remember but they have never needed road markings. it might not be the council but you thought whoever has done it would ask the council before painting all over their pavements

Tom thanks didn’t think of this i’ll mention this to the council when i can get hold of them

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘dodgy road markings’ is closed to new replies.