Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Doctors gate conditions?
  • forgotmename
    Free Member

Hello, does anybody know the conditions there at the moment?
    Thanks

thepodge
    Free Member

Rain in Hope has been on and off all week.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Thanks podge.

BadlyWiredDog

It’ll be dry-ish, everything round here is dry, even after a bit of rain. Things that are normally underwater are dry. So although I’ve not been up there recently, I’d say it’ll be as dry as it ever gets and a nice trail to run up.

Joking aside, I’d say it doesn’t have much flow to it, but if you like that sort of thing, it’ll be as good as it ever gets.

bland

yeah i wouldnt personally bother tbh

forgotmename
    Free Member

I am hoping to do it tomorrow, not done it before, any advice on a route in the area would be appreciated, im willing to push up for something worthwhile.
    Thanks

thepodge
    Free Member

a few people have told me its good but not good enough to climb all the way up there

el_bandido
    Free Member

If your looking to make it into a loop your options are limited. Up snake pass out of Glossop is the most likely, doesn’t take too long to get up that way. Otherwise the only realistic option is a mega loop around half the Dark Peak.

Unless you’ve ridden everything else round there I probably wouldn’t bother with it. It’s worth checking out but doesn’t really compare with the Middle Moor or Jacobs Ladder rides just a few miles away.

BadlyWiredDog

Unless you’ve ridden everything else round there I probably wouldn’t bother with it. It’s worth checking out but doesn’t really compare with the Middle Moor or Jacobs Ladder rides just a few miles away.

To be fair, some people really seem to like Doctor’s Gate. But it is a pain in the butt to get to legally. Illegally, the most straightforward way of doing it is probably to ride up to Mill Hill from Chunal and turn left along the Pennine Way, all slabs across to Snake Summit, but possibly quite busy on a Saturday and unpopular with walkers as the path’s quite narrow. Or you could push up over Cock Hill, or from the Longedendale Trail. Or you could go ride something more accessible. I’ve done Cut Gate out and back from my front door in Glossop before now…

[btw I’m not suggesting you do any of those, particularly on a weeekend]

forgotmename
    Free Member

Thanks all, i did cut gate last week, wanted something new, going to take advice,and not bother, and try hayfield area instead.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Doctors gate conditions?’ is closed to new replies.