Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Do YOU work hard?
  • niallmb
    Free Member

i see you describe yourself as an LD, does that mean white gloves are a pre-requisite?

I have white gloves but they haven't come out with me for several years!!! I believe firmly that if you're paying me to do lights, my reponsibility is to do lights and that means rigging, focussing, programming, stashing empties and driving vans in needed!!!! nothing worse than an LD who thinks he's too big to point a few fixtures or climb a ladder.

I could hardly describe myself as working hard for 10 – 15 days a month if I was white gloves now could I? (just to pull it back on topic before people kick off!!!)

flippinheckler
    Free Member

When I work I work Hard and give 100%, the trick is to have a good balance otherwise whats the point I work to live, not live to work, although I do enjoy what I do, and like being busy, it gets stressful when you work for yourself and go away on holiday as its hard to switch off especially when you are the business!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

I could hardly describe myself as working hard for 10 – 15 days a month if I was white gloves now could I

oh i dunno, that type of person seems to THINK they are working very hard 😆

guess we are back to subjectivity again

BillMC

I've seen a good number of people come from private industry into teaching and they leave due to inability to cope with the stress and long hours, poor office space, non-existent clerical support etc. The idea that only the private sector works hards is ludicrous Thatcherite nonsense but I'm not surprised we're hearing it all again with a new cutting edge (pun) government.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Corporate whore lampy here.

Sometimes it's bastard hard work. Sometimes I can cruise. I'm full time (technical manager), so to an extent I'm directly in line of the shit fan, but I try and stay one level removed from client facing, so there's always someone I can pass the buck to. That said, I'm employed to "just f'ing make it work", and if it doesn't then it's my problem to sort it. Can be a nice challenge, can be a right bitch.

When I do work hard, I DO absolutely earn every penny they pay me and then some – complete physical and mental exhaustion. A reasonably understanding company means that I can sometimes cruise ye interweb without too much issue in worktime as a result.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

aha mr Edwards, the holder of the proverbial pointy stick of blame.

i did a 'just effing make it work' one today, got a very noise mover so i stopped it moving

simples and absolutely no ladders involved 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Do YOU work hard?’ is closed to new replies.