Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Do you think we're dumb??? (Customer service content)
  • DrP

what would happen if a person had swallowed a shard of glass of that size? Would it cause serious damage or just pass through?

Well, it COULD cause a fair bit of grief, but not always…
    A mate of mine can ‘open his throat’ and literally tip beer down it. He was in a bar, when someone right over the other side did a rather zealous ‘cheers’ and their glasses smashed. No-one thought anything of it. He then preceded to down his beer, and he choked a bit on something… Realising he’d probably had some glass in his drink, he went to A+E and got an XR. He had a bit of glass about the size of 5 stamps in his stomach! All spiky and everything!
    He just ‘got rid of it’ the normal way…. no probs!

DrP

nuke

Well, that’s sort of re-assuring to know DrP.

Now where did I put the old light bulbs…

Kevevs
    Free Member

what about that bloke than munches on metal?

Coyote
    Free Member

Liking Samuri’s brutal honesty.

<sips first post-ride Abbot Ale of the evening>

billyboy
    Free Member

Never happens with Henry Westons Vintage Cider……..and if it did, it just wouldn’t matter.

Did the Peroni bottle top come off at such a severe velocity that it lodged in your ear?

billyboy
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl

Some nasty comments being posted here. It’s not clever.

Glad Mrs P is OK, what a shock it must have been.

Ginger
    Free Member

I’m a bit shocked by Dirtyrider’s comments. Completely pointless nastiness. Why would you do that? Very sad.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Dirtyrider – you are coming across as a grade 1 ****.

PP posted a pic of his missus – your comments are way out of order – grow up.

theboatman
    Free Member

Whilst one of the above comments is a bit tight….

what a shock it must have been.

if my life gets to the point where that incident is a ‘big’ moment, kill me now!

cinnamon_girl

theboatman – do you expect the unexpected then? 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

I guess Peroni admitting glass shards in their drink could open a whole legal minefield, hence the mould comments.
    Also, how do they KNOW it was in their bottle, I wouldn’t put it past some people to do it as a way of getting free money. (not suggesting this is your plan PP)

theboatman
    Free Member

CG – I think this one would have been one of the few ‘tales of the unexpected’ that failed to make it to the screen 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

I once phoned Stella after I found a gammy tasting beer in one of their cases. They asked where from, bar code, how many cases I’d bought (2) and promptly sent me a £20 voucher to spend on further beer. Italy 0 Belgium 1

eth3er
    Free Member

WWhat’s happened to this place? The nastiness?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve reported such things before (not in a serial fashion, just been around a few years) to other manufacturers and had brutally honest replies such as “we’ve checked and it’s a bit of one of our bottles, we apologies and have implemented X and Y to ensure it doesnt happen again but sometimes things happen”.

After I had a rather unpleasant reaction to a certain brand of cough medicine (endless vomiting mainly) they requested the bottle be returned. On further checking they concluded the bottle was fine and that it’s possible I hadn’t shaken it properly and caught a particularly high dose of one of the ingredients, which was a fair assumption.

I did once get a years supply of sweets for finding some wire in a sweet – costs them virtually nothing to keep a loyal customer, if they’d sent back a letter telling me it was actually a piece of mould I’d have had a lot more to say about it.

Woody
    Free Member

Bah! I hate it when naughty comments are removed before I’ve read them 👿

LOL at the cornflake story and glad MrsP came to no harm.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So, should I be glad that I logged off before I saw this comment that’s been removed?

zokes
    Free Member

So, should I be glad that I logged off before I saw this comment that’s been removed?

Most definitely – one of the few cases where keyboard warrior ‘come here and say that’ rantings would have been perfectly justified. What a tool…

cb

Whilst at Uni (many moons ago) some mates found a fly in a pack of crisps (well known northern brand). They sellotaped it to a letter and sent it back (in a humorous way, rather than moany). Next thing they knew, the MD turned up on the doorstep with a box of crisps as an apology! Also brought the machine operator from the plant to explain how much effort goes into avoiding this sort of thing and how sorry they were!

It was also standard practice for some in those days to go into McDs (braving the abuse from the temporary vegetarian student society outside) and order. They would then get the name of the staff member and write to the company explaining how rude they were. A £5 or £10 voucher would then appear through the post. Repeat with fictitious names from different branches and eat for free…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Most definitely – one of the few cases where keyboard warrior ‘come here and say that’ rantings would have been perfectly justified. What a tool…

Fairy nuff. So the person the comment was aimed at (me) didn’t see it, and someone reported it and it was removed.

So it’s one big fat FAIL then

🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What happened what happened????!

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

You should (of course) have taken it back to the retailer not sent it back to the manufacturer (as it says you should on the labels!) Then failing that Trading Standards 🙂

First “proper” job I had was a trainee manager for the Co-Op. We used to make a positive effort to go over the top compensating people who came in with genuine issues as they would go away and tell people how nice we’d been turning something negative into a positive. It was easy to spot the fakers.

Glass / hair / a hair clip / bits of the production line / a (blue) plaster – all regularly turned up!

Along the lines of your’s I remember someone coming in having found what looked exactly like a maggot stuck in the bottom of a bottle of Sch (you know who’s) Tonic Water. It turned out to be crystallised sugar!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You should (of course) have taken it back to the retailer not sent it back to the manufacturer (as it says you should on the labels!) Then failing that Trading Standards

Why deal with the monkey when you can talk directly to the organ grinder?

There was a customer service number on the bottle. Mrs PP rang it before I’d even stood up, and they sent us prepaid packaging through the post. 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Do you think we're dumb??? (Customer service content)’ is closed to new replies.