Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • do you sleep right next to your missus or on the other side of the bed?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

just wondered cos in all the movies they wake up wrapped round each other in some way looking all cosy…i cant stand actually sleeping right up next to my missus.she is always cold and im always hot(in temperature!)
    so it gets all uncomfortable. we have a big bed so when it comes to actual sleeping we move to the edges…not that romantic but comfortable….so can you curl round your other half and happily sleep or are most people like me???
    just wondered…

druidh
    Free Member

I don't get the choice. Like you, I'm the "warm" one, so the Missus wraps herself round me!

zaskar
    Free Member

My GF is my water bottle and Teddy bear all in one.

But there are times I wake up in the night shivvering as the duvet has been stolen by duvet theif and placed all around the GF.

I have also been waken by her turning and swinging back of hand hits me in the face, knee'd in the nuts by accident? and woke up with numb arm with her head on it.

Fact women are dangerous! Don't blame you sleeping on the other side -safer and you might get some bloody sleep.

druidh
    Free Member

zaskar – Member

I have also been waken by her turning and swinging back of hand hits me in the face, knee'd in the nuts by accident? and woke up with numb arm with her head on it.

You think that is unintentional?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am a very active sleeper – all over the bed. After years of compromise I found the solution – a 7 ft wide bed, 6 pillows and two double duvets. that way Mrs TJ gets a bit of space and I don't get elbowed in the ribs for disturbing her.

zaskar
    Free Member

onion – Premier Member

You think that is unintentional?

😯

mudshark
    Free Member

Is it really a good idea to share a bed…?!

Bed sharing 'drains men's brains'

Also, on a slight tangent – how often do you wash your duvet?

Britons 'sleep in dirty duvets'

zaskar
    Free Member

Definately noticed the lack of sleep and mental ability from sleeping next to her or having a late night.

Normally you get used to the partner and it doesn't wake you up anymore.

The plot thickens…now we know why women live longer! infamy!

Grimy
    Free Member

I love having a cuddle in bed, we generally start the night "spooning" 8O, but my fiancee is a bit like a radiator, you snuggle in to get warm but that quickly turns to way to hot, and is off to the edge of the bed for me. Cool down a bit, move back in for a cuddle, get to hot, move back to the edge, and so the cycle starts and lasts all night, finishing with quick warming period before getting up for work.

LMT
    Free Member

I sleep about 6 miles away from mine, works ok for us!

ebygomm
    Free Member

After years of compromise I found the solution – a 7 ft wide bed, 6 pillows and two double duvets

Separate duvets is definite the way forward, sharing's rubbish.

DrJ

Separate duvets is definite the way forward, sharing's rubbish.

God no. I hate beds with 2 single size duvets (though in some places they seem to be the norm). Just not big enough, and when it's time for … umm … other stuff, they just get in the way!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Drj – we have two double duvets. works for me

PeteG55
    Free Member

My other half is far too warm. Get all close to start, then when I'm too hot move over to the edge and get a good nights sleep. Unless the duvet battle commences of course……

lagerfanny
    Free Member

We have a super king to ensure the mrs feet have no contact with me as the absolute zero temperature is calibrated from them !

glenncampbell

I just get too hot – spoons at bedtime then I have to roll over as I start to boil. Pity – prefer spoons to be fair! Back to cuddles on waking then up for the day. Great article in yesterday's guardian on this very subject!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jan/23/politics-of-sharing-a-bed

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Spare room almost every night – I snore…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘do you sleep right next to your missus or on the other side of the bed?’ is closed to new replies.