Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Do you really need a seat when flying?
  • scotabroad
    uplink
    Free Member

It’s the same as the idea he got onto TV to defend – to charge you to take a leak – just a publicity ploy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That O’Leary…he’s just grabbing more publicity…let me see if I can dig out some of his better quotes…he’d be funny if he wasn’t such a cock.

What was the one about the pilots joining BALPA? I don’t care if they’re in the f***ing Taliban, but they’re not joining a union!

BigDummy
    Free Member

The people in Ryanair’s press office must laugh so hard. Every time they come up with some new humiliation to make air travel even less pleasant, some berk at a major news provider picks up on it, turns it into news and you end up with dozens of newsreaders saying “Ryanair” over and over again.

peachos
    Free Member

i thought the quid to pee thing was up and running now.

i presume there will still be something to fasten the standing passengers to so why not take more people.

as much as i hate Ryan Air, this guy’s got some business brain.

jon1973
    Free Member

O’Leary is an idiot, and Ryanair wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for all the anti-competitive subsidies that it receives from the Irish govenment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

O’Leary is an idiot

Oh he may be an arrogant offensive swine but he’s far from an idiot.

psychle
    Free Member

’tis actually not a bad idea… it’s only being mooted for flights of around 1-2hrs, not that much of a hardship at all. Of course the air safety folk might have something to say about it

And he ain’t an idiot… free publicity is awesome 😀

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I think physically you’ve got to be strapped in for take off/landing, but I suppose if that’s just to the wall it might technically pass safety examination.

Oh, and the man’s quite a rich idiot.

G
    Free Member

The bit that annoys me is that the headline ticket cost is nothing like the actual cost, by the time every fee you can think of and some you can’t, have been added its going to be pretty much the same as any other airline and more than some.

For example, I have just booked a flight at a headline price of £38 each per flight.
    By the time all the other crap was added on it had gone like this

Taxes Fees and Charges £192.88
    Web check In fee £40.00
    Handling Charges £40.00

So in fact we are paying £106.22 per flight…. 279% more than the headline price advertised!

And this after they’ve been bollocked up hill and down dale for exactly this sort of misleading advertising.

Scandalous, and frankly he must be paying someone very handsomely to keep getting away with it IMHO

atlaz
    Free Member

Ignoring whether people want to stand for 2 hours, that’s going to be “fun” if there’s an serious turbulence.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Do you really need a seat when flying?’ is closed to new replies.