Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • do you feel less safe in a bungalow?
  • TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Someone attempted to break in when I lived on the 18th floor of a tower block (admittedly not through the window)

If she ain't happy, you won't be though

odannyboy
    Free Member

astounded that there hasnt been a "kicking her back door in" reference yet! 😯

Quietly explain that regardless of what style of house you live in YOU are the most likely to murder her than a stranger.

edhornby

as someone who's had a break in recently, practicalMatt is right. middle of the afternoon and they come through the front door (or door with the least amount of visibility to neighbours/passers by) with a crowbar.

burglar alarm, good quality doors and windows, strong hinges and multiple locks on doors, nosy neighbours are the best security devices. make sure they have no reason to know about stuff in your house, if you have scallys hanging around don't let them see you going in and out with expensive stuff like bikes (easier said than done)

don't leave jewellery in one place

dogs are no good, they get drugged (meat/food/treats with sedatives) or their mouths taped up (disgusting I know but then again people who break into houses aren't nice people)

franksinatra

my parents have lived in proper upstairs downstairs houses all of their lives, never thought twice about security. Moved into a bungalow last year and spent fortune on a top end intruder alarm.. I asked them why the chage of attitude and they said 'because it is a bungalow.' 😕

hels
    Free Member

Boyfriends house got broken into once – top floor tenement flat – they came in through the fire hatch to the roof space (which had been left open after a fire in the stair) and just kicked through the ceiling. Luckily nobody was home.

Amusing aspect was the CDs they stole. Left all the Opera and C & W ! And he was called into the cop shop to identify his stuff, cue large amounts of paranoia about small amounts of harmless substances.

If they really want to rob you they will find a way, according to the cops.

spooky_b329

Bungalow safer.

You can't fall down the stairs, its much harder to get trapped by fire, easy to clean the windows and gutters. The privacy thing…bungalows are generally built on larger plots with larger gardens, so you would normally have windows at the back that are not overlooked. And with reference to burglars, they really don't want the hassle of a confrontation, so would probably choose to pick a house rather than creep past your bedroom door with your car keys and wallet.

We used to live in a basement flat, bedroom was at the front and people could look down into the room as they passed. Solution, we stuck up a wooden venetian (sp?) blind, angled it so the sun could come in but eyes couldn't 🙂

Live in a house now, the upstairs bedroom is much more overlooked by the opposite side of the street.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘do you feel less safe in a bungalow?’ is closed to new replies.