Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 194 total)
  • Do you ever think you might be seeing someone from STW?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Some of you think you can fly the last few meters to the pub.

I thought it worth a try though.

cinnamon_girl

Lol, it’s as curvaceous as me. 😉 The weirdest thing though is that I usually ride a ht from an uncommon manufacturer, suspect it must have been poorly hence the Summer bike.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that is the thing…. we are all lovely in real life 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

that is the thing…. we are all lovely in real life

Nope, I’m actually a total #### in real life 😛

postierich
    Free Member

Had quite a few stwers come up to me usually noticing a bike I used to ride a lot and post pics a lot on STW driving a noticeable van usually gives you away. Shame I have lost both 🙁
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/7YriJ]DSC00190[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

tazzymtb

that is the thing…. we are all lovely in real life

having actually met the junkyard in real life he is rather sweet really, I was very disappointed as Id got a body bag and shallow grave in woods ready and eveyfink 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone sees this bike out and about:

Stop the rider and ask if it’s me. If it’s not, lamp him.

It’s a recent model frame with some nearly 10 year old kit on it including such antiques as a triple chainset, a USE Alien seatpost and Mono Mini brakes.

Re Junkyard he was indeed very kind, gave me a long lift back to where I was staying. A bit quickly mind 😉

On road I’m on a green Kona Zing carbon, you really don’t see many of them about. I could be pretty much anywhere in the country though near areas of Govt or IT industry 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

I walk my dog twice a day on the Quantocks, I quite often arrive at the car park and see people faffing with their bikes. I walk the dog for 20 minutes and arrive back at the car park only to see the same people still faffing.
    Obviously STW’ers.

thegreatape
    Free Member

When I was the policeman in Glencoe I tracked down bullheart on his LEJOG (or JOGLE) to give him some cake.

I also got some for a bloke who was trying to ride the WHW overnight, but when he passed me at the ski centre he just ignored me so I ate it all.

And when TJ was having a wild camping trip down near Bridge of Orchy somewhere I took my dogs and for a nice surprise was going to quietly put them in his tent to keep him warm overnight, because he loves dogs, but I couldn’t find him.

EDIT – I once overtook that ^ red bike on a busy trail…

…that’s when the fight began.

Kryton57

I’ve been nearly spotted enough times in this thread to realise that I’ve succeeded in passing myself off as an annoying **** to the point that everyone thinks the first annoying **** they see is me.

A dubious badge of honour indeed.

matt_outandabout

We have all met fellow stw’ers, surely?
    I have been accosted on the summit of Munro’s, parties, car parks and trail centres and with ‘are you matt_outandabout…?’…

footflaps

Shame I have lost both

What happened to the bike?

We have all met fellow stw’ers, surely?

not knowingly, although I often see a badly dressed social misfit with an Audi and think they must be on STW…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    I’ve been nearly spotted enough times in this thread to realise that I’ve succeeded in passing myself off as an annoying **** to the point that everyone thinks the first annoying **** they see is me.
    A dubious badge of honour indeed

I don’t think so. The only ***ish thing I can ever remember you doing was being a bit slow to realise how hilarious the constant no pudding refererences were, but you did in the end 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

flogged it!! it tried killing me several times in my new riding location it was ok to mince around Cannock Chase on 🙂

Bregante

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    [Not a euphemism]I’ve been in Binners’ back room with Mrs Binners watching. [/Not a euphemism]

… 😯 . That Binners entered my back room just last week while the Mrs was at work….

maccruiskeen

I didn’t think we were supposed to acknowledge each other in the ‘real world’. Quoting from the forum rules:

The first rule of STW is you do not talk about STW
    The second rule of STW is you do not talk about STW no running in the corridors
    The third rule is – no diving, no bombing and no heavy petting.
    The forth rule is if you meet Hora – don’t let him any more sugar.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I have met you all muhahahahaha.

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve been on a peaks pootle and didn’t realise Hora was there until everyone was waiting at a gate and we realised he was no longer with us.

I’ve got to say everyone I’ve met off here are ace.

njee20
    Free Member

saw Ronnie Pickering the other day….surely a STWer?

Who?

MidlandTrailquestGraham is one I’ve chatted to at events (where is he, incidentally?!). Bit awkward to be honest, he’s not that chatty IRL, or wasn’t to me at least.

hora
    Free Member

Damn right. I said change the route but the ride was destined to go to cutgate in hurricane winds on exposed wet terrain 😆 so I went the wooded route.

Everyone I’ve met off here has been lovely. I still remember robdob doing the handbrake turn and mounting the he kerb on his jackpoints in the carpark 😀

orangeorange
    Free Member

I do,every time I visit my dentist,GP or Lawyer.
    And also whenever I see an advert for expensive and hardly-used Golf Clubs for sale

scotroutes

Is it time for the full Matt_oab story again?

I met a couple of people from here riding with the Rough Riders when I was briefly living in Dorset.

I met a man at a hotel bar in Vegas who noticed I was reading STW and introduced himself. I was a bit drunk and nervous and have forgotten who he was.

scaredypants

I’ve met a handful after arranging rides but only one accidentally and I didn’t know he was on stw ’til well afterwards

njee20
    Free Member

Is it time for the full Matt_oab story again

Go on…

mike399
    Free Member

Thought this before…

THE SINGLETRACK SHOP SHOULD SELL SMALL LOGO STICKERS FOR HELMETS!

They could even send them out with subscriptions?

guido

I drunkenly introduced myself to allthegear in a bar in Morzine.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I had to go to a Ciclo week to meet fellow stw’ers. Although used to ride with Alex and NickC when they were chilternites for my sins…..

bearnecessities

From memory, I’ve met:

NickC
    Maccruiskeen
    Fieldy
    Gofasterstripes
    Binners

All have been thoroughly lovely, polite and generous people.

I’ve also have ‘conversations’ with many others. All of which have been very pleasant.

So it must just be the rest of you that are w*nkers 😀

pictonroad

ht orange on-one at Bristol bike fest and said ‘Hi! I recognise you from STW’, but he looked at me like I’d just wiped my arse on his trousers whilst he was wearing them and grunted at me.

Lucky escape. I got a whole hour of why everything on my bike was set up wrong and how I should be raising my kids. 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I met a man at a hotel bar in Vegas who noticed I was reading STW and introduced himself. I was a bit drunk and nervous and have forgotten who he was.

You promised you’d call.

I hate you.

jam-bo

I’m pretty sure I surfed past surf-mat once.

senorj

A stw member pointed out Njee to me once ,on top of Leith Hill.
    He’s very dishy. 😉

And where do I sign for the “whinger”forum?

🙂

P20

Must have met others, but yes met Legolam on Blanchland moor

singletrackmind

My brother lives in Manchester and bought some Audi roof bars from Ebay.
    The seller lived about 10 miles from my work so I picked them up.
    When he opened up his lock up and there were 5 bikes inside , including a couple of Cotic’s I said ‘ Whats your STW forum name then ?’ ‘Oh its AndysBlackShed’ I think he said. Nice bloke actualy , knew a few Soton forumites as well.

I know alot of people on here, and Im not even a big hitter

amedias
    Free Member

I’ve met a few locals, Jam Bo, Yunki, Agency Scum and others, mostly through classifieds deals or replies for WTDs or at local races, have probably ridden with loads more at races and not known it…
    Oh and Eviljoe gave me my first tour of Lustleigh after a call for help on here.

Everyone’s always great in person 🙂

tomtomr

I had the excitement of passing Hora going the other way near South Head a few years ago. The extent of our conversation was “Are you Hora?” and “Yes”. Still it was good to see Singletrack royalty out on the trails.

scaredypants

have forgotten who he was.

You promised you’d call.

Obviously overdid the rohypnol flash

thegreatape
    Free Member

Still it was good to see Singletrack royalty out on the trails.

Queen?

hora
    Free Member

Tomtomr you and I were going quite quick in opposite directions!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Do you ever think you might be seeing someone from STW?’ is closed to new replies.