Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • Do you ever think you might be seeing someone from STW?
  • TheSanityAssassin

I’ve met loads off here, although mainly through mlehworld social meets. Quite a few have stayed at my house for various reasons over the years – including Onion and the Biggest Hitter, Cynic-Al.
    I often hear comments at Mountain Mayhem when I’m wearing a mleh top, so I know whoever it is posts on here. Also met Fred there the year Team Bullheart were doing their thing at Eastnor.
    Met Crazy Legs at Tameside circuit last year when I was racing the 4th Cat series and he stayed back to marshal.
    I generally tend to be the ‘recognisee’ than the ‘recogniser’ though, especially since I organise the Colne Valley MTB Challenge which draws a lot of support from this very Parish.

Bregante

bearnecessities – Member
    From memory, I’ve met:

NickC
    Maccruiskeen
    Fieldy
    Gofasterstripes
    Binners

bearnecessities crept into my house in the early hours of Christmas morning a few years back and took something that wasn’t his, like a sort of reversed Father Christmas. I’d left him a mince pie out too but he never took it!

And I’ve never even met the bloke.

And one year I went all the way to Scotland and ended up in the same Hotel as hora and pook.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Ridden lots with tomtomr although not for a while and once met wca for a tour around lordswood

You promised you’d call.

I know it wasn’t you Flash, it was at the Flamingo!

hora
    Free Member

Yes I remember the hotel manager kicking your bedroom door in to offer you all shots in the middle of the night 😀

Sanity Assasin was it you I was supposed to meet to buy the old carrera? My bri in law met you in the end. I remember watching you outside Dixons as I ate an ice cream thinking ‘is that big Lad him’?!

Btw- I donated that bike to my local community public hall charity sale and it raised £100 🙂

I’ve met binners- known him since 2005(?) Top bloke

Bregante

Yes I remember the hotel manager kicking your bedroom door in to offer you all shots in the middle of the night

😆 sadly I think it was Olly’s unique brand of drunken customer service that led to the ultimate demise of the hotel. My mate had to threaten him with extreme violence just to get him out of our room at 2 a.m

Just remembered that I’ve met Cougar too.

beej

I know a few – more a case of knowing them in real-life and then working out who they were from posts than seeing a stranger out on the trail and thinking they were STW.

bearnecessities

I’d left him a mince pie out too but he never took it!

DAMN IT!

(Loinheart too, a very nice fella – and his lad)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I took a bunch of pics of a bike race in tassie that got a few out of the closet

simmy
    Free Member

I met muddydwarf at a set of traffic lights at 1.30 on a Sunday morning.

He was doing the Manchester to Blackpool night ride and I had posted up that I would be out with the dog watching as I live on route and he pulled up to say a quick hello.

Alex

Alex and NickC

and you fixed my bikes in your lovely garage/workshop Justin. While I looked with longing at your Fuquay 🙂

I once saw a man reading an article I’d written for STW. It was on a train and I was going to introduce myself as the author but decided not in case a) it looked like some kind of stalking and b) he said ‘like the mag, your stuff is rubbish tho’

leffeboy

Just met LD out here in a chalet in Reberty and I believe DD was in another chalet nearby last week. Wasn’t really where I expected to meet another STWer but I suspect the caricature of Audi/Orange/IT/30BMI is so far off the mark as to be non existant.

As has been said, folks off here are great in real life and it helped me as I put my back out on the first day so it gave my daughter someone else to ski with and good company in the evenings. Liking the idea of a ‘whingr’ app to see who is nearby 🙂

footflaps

I’m pretty sure I surfed past surf-mat once.

Surely that can’t have been possible as he was the best surfer in the whole world everrrrrrr?

Thinking about it, I have met njee a few times and even had my photo taken with him…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DwHgav]NPS XC 2007 Sport Podium[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

TheSanityAssassin

hora – Member

Sanity Assasin was it you I was supposed to meet to buy the old carrera? My bri in law met you in the end. I remember watching you outside Dixons as I ate an ice cream thinking ‘is that big Lad him’?!

Btw- I donated that bike to my local community public hall charity sale and it raised £100

Not me, think that would have been Dangerous Beans (Spinal Tap off mlehworld) who you got the Carrera off.

Although I did invite you to come along with the Hudds Star Wheelers when you were wanting to do a few midweek road rides in the Hudds area.

jam-bo

Surely that can’t have been possible as he was the best surfer in the whole world everrrrrrr?

You have to paddle back out again after being awesome.

crankboy
    Free Member

I really hope the lad from last weekend who chose to ride straight at crankbrat when he was already committed to the only route for a 4 year old through a massive mud patch was not a forumite .
    Otherwise the few people I have seen out who may be off here have kept stum about it as have I . I do have the sticker from years ago on my chainstay .

njee20
    Free Member

Thinking about it, I have met njee a few times and even had my photo taken with him

Goddamn that photo, if only I’d had time to get my hands up properly I’d look far less gay!

bikebouy
    Free Member

We saw some lads up at Stainburn today “waves” now some of them must be on here..

bobmac892

Yeh I’m urge I saw Chips in the bike wash queue at the Strathpuffer. Bottled it twice trying pluck up the courage ask.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Me. Me. Me!

Has anyone ever seen me?

I reckon probably not.. :-}

chored
    Free Member

I read the forums most days, but seldom post.

There’s a guy I see on my commute quite often who I wondered if he was on here due to bikes he rides on his commute… and then I saw a photo of him from the Highland Trail 550, and subsequent posts from him, so that confirmed that.

Pretty sure I saw Northwind at the Falkirk Funduro back in November as well.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Somebody could make a set of STW Top Trumps. What should the categories be?

Niche/10
    Gnarr/10
    Style/10
    Control/10
    Damage/10
    Aggression/10
    Big Hitter/10
    ..?

hora
    Free Member

Sanity Assasin if you could mention that to him 🙂

Also- yes I’d be up for some mid week rides- I’ve got some decent nightlights now

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Any members on the Isle of Man?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I am sure I saw Avensis on the kennet in Thatcham wearing an olive coloured Singetrack shirt last year…… who knows ?

twohats
    Free Member

Did our usual week in the Alps last year. There’s a bar at the bottom of the lift where everyone congregates after the lift closes for a few post ride pints.
    Every evening there was a large group of very loud blokes all in their 40s, boasting of their mincecoreness and generally being loud and annoying to everyone within earshot.
    Even the waiter was punching the air with relief when they left!
    I worked out from a few Alp related threads afterwards that a few of them were STWers…

hora
    Free Member

😆

ART

I don’t know about seeing but I suspect [in my work capacity] I probably talk to at least one STWer every day 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

I know 4 or 5 people who come on here, and met Chips at Mountan Mayhem a few years ago. Being in the Peak District I’ve probably seen a few STW’ers on rides.
    I can be recognised by my Singletrack bob hat 😀

LD
    Free Member

[Just met LD out here in a chalet in Reberty and I believe DD was in another chalet nearby last week. Wasn’t really where I expected to meet another STWer but I suspect the caricature of Audi/Orange/IT/30BMI is so far off the mark as to be non existant.

As has been said, folks off here are great in real life and it helped me as I put my back out on the first day so it gave my daughter someone else to ski with and good company in the evenings. Liking the idea of a ‘whingr’ app to see who is nearby ]

Sorry cannae do quotes properly. Also sorry to disappoint but I am a closet Audi driver but obviously not a stereotypical one!! Leffeboy, drop me an e-mail (in profile), I’ve got a wee video edit of some our fun! Great to meet you!

Dickyboy

My significant other refers to me as “dickyboy” so i guess i am seeing an stwer – don’t know what her forum name is, so could be anyone of you 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Hi Dickyboy, don’t forget to pick up some milk on your way home tonight.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Got me thinking about That Quantocks Ride ages back

Somebody produced stickers – half of them had Tandemjeremy written on them, helpfully!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve met a few I thought probably were but it doesn’t come up in conversation really.

For a sign of some sort though may I suggest an stw cow bell strapped to your frame. This will have the dual benefit of masking the annoying rattle from our fives (tell me it’s not just mine) and also if really annoying red sock ramblerists by simultaneously shattering the peace and removing the opportunity to yell “haven’t you got a bell?!? It’s the law!”

Otherwise may I suggest
    [video]https://youtu.be/al5bErqFrDQ[/video]

Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Do you ever think you might be seeing someone from STW?’ is closed to new replies.