Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Do you ever think you are boring, old and miserable?
  • ton

i think i have reached it. the time you become all 3.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I’m no shrink, but if I may be so bold as to read between the lines…. I’d say you have realised that you’re past your best, that death is just around the corner and you’ve accepted that it’s best to just sit and wait for it to arrive.

hallz
    Free Member

I’m guessing that you are 38. I felt like that at 38… 😯

King-ocelot
    Free Member

2 outta 3 ain’t bad.
    I’m working on the old part.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Yes, ever since I became boring, old and miserable. Seems to have just happened over the last couple of years.

scaredypants

No

However, I’ve come to realise that everyone else is a shallow, attention-seeking, shouty “fun”junkie – it’s down to their youth, the tossers !

toys19
    Free Member

Can I be boring middle aged and optimistic?

Pete-B
    Free Member

I’ve always been boring & miserable but took years to become old.

vondally
    Free Member

at about 19……..now 46,……. 😉

lucien

I’m often told I’m like that by those closest to me – in my head though, I’m early 20’s, good looking and can ride like Peaty…. 😯

Mackem

I’m 42 and over the last few years I’ve realised that people who seem (to most people) “cool” and “exciting” are the dullards. Usually superficial, self-centred, lazy arses. (bit of a rant, but it’s true)

elzorillo
    Free Member

The older I get, the more I realise that, should it ever be possible to steal youth.. I’d kill someone for it 🙁

epicyclo

You don’t become boring, old and miserable at any specific age.

It happens when your daughter becomes a teenager.

elzorillo
    Free Member

It happens when your daughter becomes a teenager.

With four teenage daughters I can wholeheartedly agree with that 🙁

br
    Free Member

47 this week, started feeling old – hopefully the other two won’t come for a while

Junkyard
    Free Member

YGM

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i felt like that 10 years ago tony.
    i don’t any more. mostly because i simply realised that i was none of those things. and i don’t plan on ever being so either!

gunnagofasta
    Free Member

I’m now 41 and feel old, miserable and very opinionated!!! like some modern day Victor Meldrew! There doesn’t seem to be a part of me that doesn’t ache, nothing that excites me and a can’t suffer fools, idiots or those stupid young metrosexual dullards they fill the TV and press with!!! BUT apart from that everything is rosey!!!;-)

yunki
    Free Member

gunnagofasta +1

I think I packed all my fast living into the first 35 years of my life and am now expected to repent for the next 35..

70 looks promising though..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

old? possibly. Boring and miserable? only if you want to be.

I hope not, I turned 30 in Val D’Isere, Munqe Chick turned 30 in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco (where one of our group was about to turn 50), I turned 40 here….

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-terrific-10-days-with-mountainbikekerala

and no we’re not financially rich, I/we choose experiences over big houses, big mortgages, new cars etc.

lazybike
    Free Member

Yes……joys of old age innit

postierich
    Free Member

Felt very old this time last week Boring possibly!!! miserable when I,m walking the streets but out of work I,m happy 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

43 tomorrow and feeling old and grumpy but rarely miserable and never boring, not in my mind anyway.

jedi

im 43, you only grow old if you stop 🙂

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

sometimes. and i haven’t hit my 20’s yet…

brakes
    Free Member

old and miserable are hard to fix
    boring can easily be replaced by drunk

stratobiker
    Free Member

56 here, grumpy and intolerant, but never miserable. In any case, all these things are fixed with a good bike ride.

SB

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yep, 41 next wk.

Ive had a cold/chest infection for 2 months & havent been able to do any exercise at all. Just before Christmas I finished in the top 10 in the Vets cat at the Brass Monkeys Rd2, now I doubt I could ride for more than 5 minutes. Feel like selling my bikes & jacking it all in.

Feel very old, very miserable & couldnt really give a toss about anything anymore.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

56 here, grumpy and intolerant, but never miserable. In any case, all these things are fixed with a good bike ride.

Fixed that for you Steve, hope life is treating you well. Age is only a number.

druidh
    Free Member

I might be more boring than you Ton and I’m certainly older, but I live in Scotland, not Yorkshire, so why would I be miserable?

smell_it
    Free Member

Possibly, I did look at an Orange 5 the other day and thought I might want one.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nah, but going to be a grandad in May which is a weird concept, but I don’t feel old yet.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You shouldn’t stop playing cos your’e getting old but you’ll get old if you stop playing.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

As I said to a friend not so long ago “too old to go faster, too young to slow down..”

My God I cant wait to get back on the bike!…

stevemakin

frequently !

doesnt bother me now. one of the few pleasures of getting older 😉

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Do you ever think you are boring, old and miserable?’ is closed to new replies.