Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • do i need wellies for t in the park??
  • Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

odd question, I’m off to t in the park this weekend, weather is likely to be wet, I’ve not worn wellies for years but is it worth buying some for 3 days in a muddy field, or should I just stick to my walking boots? How bad is it likely to be?

Also, I have a fine collection of decent waterproofs, but everyone is telling me to leave the good stuff at home and buy cheap and nasty for the weekend, I can’t imagine anything bad enough happening that would damage my good stuff but do they have a point?

Help me decide… Cheers, Dave

odannyboy
    Free Member

wellies or bootss of some description.if there is any rain,there will be mud, 80,000 pairs of feet do a lot of destruction to the grass!its mainly the campsite thats the prob.how bad is it likely to be…its carnage!in a good way! imaging a cross between a night club and ww1 frontline! dont take anything you wouldnt happily leave behind in a bin,camping stuff included!its not a fashion show and if your clothes arnt quite “showy” enough theres usually plenty of mental stuff on sale cheap by oxfam (wedding dresses were popular when i went-with guys and girls.also army flight suits/overalls)
    take a beenie hat as it keeps the rain/beer off your head but you can still hear the music.hoods get in the way.
    ps.oh and golden rule-take ear plugs for sleeping in,and poss one of those eye mask things no matter how hardcore you think you are your neighbours are always more so!
    pps the scots party hard,real hard!

Northwind

Sensible walking boots or trail boots are the best option IMO, or decent quality wellies if you must, not the rubbish most people wear- no toe protection and too easy to lose em if you want to go down the front, not to mention that they can be uncomfortable.

The site’s actually pretty well drained- the main arena tends to hold together and the campsites are mostly on slops (but don’t be in a hollow!) but the footpaths through the site and the car park always disintegrate.

But yeah, don’t take anything too quality unless you’ll be wearing it or carrying it all the time, work on the basis that everything you leave in your tent will be instantly stolen and you can’t go too far wrong. Lots of scumbags at t in the park…

Oh, last tips… They use a first-in, first-out system on the main stage, there’s an enclosure down the front so if you want to get close to a popular band, get there well in advance. The tents can overfill too. Try and find a quiet beer voucher stand while you can, they can be pandemonium at some points. And check out the Healthy T bit for food, spending £4.50 for a dogburger seems a bit silly after you’ve had water buffalo burgers in a fresh baked roll for a fiver, or paid £1 for a big box of locally grown strawberries :mrgreen: Take in an empty water bottle if you can, rather than paying £2 for a bottle of water 🙁

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, some good tips there, just need to perfect my sun dance now!!

Northwind

No wellies needed this year 🙂 On the other hand, no suncream needed on sunday neither 🙁

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Yup, we were pretty lucky with the weather I think. And good advice about the Healthy T, think I managed to sample every stand at least once through the weekend 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘do i need wellies for t in the park??’ is closed to new replies.