Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DMR Revolver rear hub owners – servicing?
  • mike_p
    Free Member

Right, I'm the unfortunate owner of one of these, and the damn thing has almost completely seized: bearings, freehub, the lot.

DMR's website is no help but CRC sell the parts, so last night I had a poke around it and can see no obvious way of stripping the thing down, other than whacking the end of the spindle with a hammer in order to knock the old bearings out. Obviously I don't want to do this unless it's the correct thing to be doing!

I'm guessing that once the bearings are out there'll be a simple means of unscrewing the freehub? But then what? Set the new bearings with a drift? All guidance appreciated!

cookeaa

Yup, pull off axle spacers, use RUBBER mallet to **** end of axle and knock the bearing out of the non-drive side, you should be able to do the same on the other end of the axle to knock the bearing out of the free hub body I think, from memory I think it’s a 12mm hex key to undo the free hub (Some grunt required) , all parts available quite cheap from various sources, CRC, Wiggle, LBS, etc…

To fit the new bearings press them in one at a using a suitably sized socket and something pressy don’t lump them in with a hammer, obviously a wheel won’t fit in a vice, a fly press is ideal but you’re unlikely to have one, a ratchet clamp or similar should work (remembering to fit the axle before you press the second bearing in!)…

Job done, 20 minutes if you’re careful…

nbt

Revolver is the same as Planet X Dog Hub

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-one-hub-service

mike_p
    Free Member

Excellent, thankyou! Sounds easy enough

nbt

ah but that link's dead, bloody Plant X.

Cokkeaa has it right, the only thing to note is the axle spacers may be held on with a 3mm allen grub – be careful

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Here's how to overhaul the Revolver.

shaman
    Free Member

I saved the text from that On-One link, glad I did now. Anyway, here we go..

took my rear dog hub apart today.

It's pretty simple.

Undo allen grub screw on the spacer on the drive side.

Knock the axle to push out the non drive side bearing.

Knock the axle the other way to push out the driveside bearing.

The freehub comes off with a 12mm allen key from the non drive side.

You can dismantle the freehub, but it's probably best not to cos of lots of balls in there.

Clean the freehub with degreaser, and then soak in oil for a bit.

Put it all back together.

A 19mm socket is the right size to help you push the bearings back into the shell.

The problem I had was getting hold of a 12mm allen key, ended up getting one made from 12mm hex bar.

Good luck

cookeaa

Yup I’ve owned 2 Revolvers (still have one in the garage somewhere) and one Dog pretty much identical and not bad if your on a budget, if it’s looking tiered just fit a new free hub, they’re pretty cheap, ebay bearing are a pittance too…

AndyPaice
    Free Member

The problem I had was getting hold of a 12mm allen key, ended up getting one made from 12mm hex bar.

Good luck

Halfords 12mm oil drain plug remover tool, about £4. Fits on a 3/8s drive socket bar IIRC, and youll need an extension bar to fit through the hub as it unscrews from the non drive side.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DMR Revolver rear hub owners – servicing?’ is closed to new replies.