Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DIY – Where can I get good interior door handles
  • Sidney
    Free Member

Alright there.

I got some satin nickel (or brushed stainless – can’t really tell) door handles from a colleague. They are a nice weight in the hand as they are forged. The difficulty I have is that I need two bathroom lock handles which he didn’t supply and I can’t find any decent ones to match. I’ve looked at the usual suspects screwfix and B&Q (where he thinks he got them from) and they have similar looking ones but they are so light and feel just a bit knaff as they are pressed pieces. Wickes have this very similar handle but its not the bathroom specific one I need.

Does anyone know where I could look for some decent handles without paying the earth?

skiboy
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Will you notice the weight once installed?

Sidney
    Free Member

I won’t notice the weight as such but when I tested the lighter handles they felt flimsy.

sam_underhill
    Wharfedale
    Free Member

Just the thread I needed. Anybody know which is better… a solid brass handle with satin silver finish or stainless steel? Seems to be most handles have a brass structure with finish applies on top, guess it could be a cost thing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DIY – Where can I get good interior door handles’ is closed to new replies.