Managed to find some time in between my other projects to make a dent in this today.
After seeing a set of three stairs done similar to how id like at my grandparenta i took a few pointers and added my own twist on it.
I couldnt face all the extra efford to do away with the micro bevels and kind of like the way it makes it clear the stairs are clad no real oak staira , its not pretending to be owt.
Added some spacer strips to the riser faces of my minging stairs.
Cut , glued and pinned all my risers
For the treads i used board the whole width of the tread for the front most board - put a 9.5mm half round on both sides using a jig i made from a pair of scaffoding battons and a bit of decking. Nailed it with hidden pins from the portanailer and sticks like shit under the whole tread.
Ignore the weights on it they are to ensure the joints close fully and the sticks like shit is fully adhered.
Stringers are staying white , saw a set done like this and much prefer it to wood covered stringers which was going to be a ballache to do and a bigger ballache to make look good. Bit of mqsking tape and plenty satin wood paint should sort them out, im pleased with the end result and most importantly so is mrs t-r which means i can get back to my landy rebuild which is a whole other thread as the progress on that in the last week has been 10 fold.
Cheers for all your help guys , even if it does look like i ignored some or alot of it , it was all taken on board and judgements made on the merits of all but im happy with what i got, im no carpenter , id probably have taken my fingers off trying to route new grooves and tongues