Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Disposing unused fireworks
  • wurzelcube
    Free Member

Bit of a random post but I’ve got some unsed fireworks in the shed that I need to get rid of… A few online searches have suggested soaking in water over night and throwing them in the bin.

Is it really ok to throw them in the bin? Other suggestions include setting them off but as they’ve been in the shed for a while I’m sure they have already got damp.

Thoughts?

Northwind

No answer that doesn’t involve uncontrolled explosions is worth listening to.

emma82
    Free Member

Bonfire

brakes
    Free Member

put up a stall outside your local school and cash in.
    there’s a recession on you know!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Northwind is entirely correct.

Light ’em up! All at once. In a metal bin or something.

nickjb
    Free Member

Bonfire

/thread closed

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m sure they have already got damp

Can’t you dry them out ? A few minutes in a pre-heated oven should do it.

crazy-legs

Dissect them. Take out all the gunpowder and various metals that give the explosions their colour. Dispose of any caked gunpoder, that’s damp. Gather the rest together into one big firework.

You will need a very long fuse for this one to give you time to run a safe distance away. “Safe” in terms of not being blown up and being able to deny any knowledge of the earth shattering explosion that results. 😉

Swelper
    Free Member

Cue all arsonists………………….

+1 for bonfire

Failing that send em to me 🙂

dropoff

Surely they just need 5 mins in the microwave 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Bonfire idea is good. Personally I’d find a big open space, take a couple of lengths of drain pipe and a mate and have a drunken bazooka war with whatever you’ve got left.

matt_outandabout

*stays quiet about his stash of out-of-date signal flares*

(We have an agreement with police and local MRT that we let them know, and then have one manic 30-mins to set off all the out of date stuff in one mad go. Got the heart going last year with one that emerged from a sea kayak that was 5 years out of date…)

theotherjonv

sell them to Mario Balotelli, hopefully he’ll be celebrating tomorrow night in his own way. I can’t imagine he’d let their use by date / potential to go astray disrupt his enjoyment…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bonfire idea is good.

Specially for rockets.

Northwind

I suggest tying them all to a cat.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Are you not a man 🙂
    Your first thought should have been, “lets blow shit up”

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seen jackass?

porlus
    Free Member

from the crack

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Even my middle aged girlfriend says “light the fu..ers”
    🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get her watching jackass, she could do 2 at a time.

brakes
    Free Member

ha ha 😀
    I see where you’re coming from al

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Only the one.
    I’ve been firmly told the extra hole is not to be used 😯

porlus
    Free Member

can you do another from pressing boobies together. might need to wear a welding mask though.

project
    Free Member

You dont live i Cheltenham do you…..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-18044829

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Haven’t got a welding mask.
    Will a Gimp mask do?

porlus
    Free Member

as long as she wont get burned in the face it should be sound enough.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Some brilliant suggestions… Trust me – if I had a big enough garden I’d have a go at letting them off

I can see a Free to a good home topic being posted in the For Sale forum.

porlus
    Free Member

can you launch one from your japs eye

sparkyrhino

+1 crazylegs ,put all that good stuff in a small box and wrap tightly with many rolls of electrical tape and fuse = 1 mother fu**in loud bang and lots of grins

EccentricEllis

dig tiny little holes in the ground and insert the fireworks into them.

light, run away giggling.

WARNING, may end in either death or a ruined garden.

boxelder

That’s weird…

Huge load of fireworks just went off across the valley as I was reading this.

Your shed’s not near Buttermere per chance??

porlus
    Free Member

and someone in Buttermere has burnt nads and cheeks

Northwind

boxelder – Member

Your shed’s not near Buttermere per chance??

Don’t tell him where it is! Half of STW will be round trying to set it on fire. (the other half will be in your garden sticking things up their bums)

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Metal dust bin –

Petrol

Matches

Running shoes

Job sorted

sv

*stays quiet about his stash of out-of-date signal flares*
    (We have an agreement with police and local MRT that we let them know, and then have one manic 30-mins to set off all the out of date stuff in one mad go. Got the heart going last year with one that emerged from a sea kayak that was 5 years out of date…)

I was involved in a similar situation a few years back. I had worked for a friend on his small fishing boat for a few weekends when an ‘opportunity’ presented itself to be part of a sea rescue exercise with the RNLI/emergency services. This did involve two lifeboats, a Sea King Helicopter and police/ambulance/coastguard on land. This was the finale of a week long festival in the fishing village and the exercise was staged a 1/2mile off the harbour so as to allow plenty of spectators. The fishing boat was to set off a couple of smoke bombs on her stern to make it look as if she was on fire we would then radio for help and a rescue operation would all happen. The skipper of the boat took the opportunity to let off a number of out of date flares, there was a reasonable wind and the flares were pretty fierce when letting them go at arms length. Anyhow the guy had let of a couple and all was fine until one particular one decided to go up at a sort of 45deg angle, did a perfect arc into the wind and landed in the harbour car park. Still remember him on the VHF to a mate of his on the harbour asking ‘eh that thing that came ashore just now, all ok?’

sweepy
    Free Member

I set off an out of date mini flare in the garden. It went much further than I expected, and ended up landing about a foot from a pile of hay bales across the field, I nearly crapped me calvins.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Firework war! What could possibly go wrong!?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNs4V6PrB8&feature=related[/video]

stevomcd
    Free Member

Metal dust bin –

Petrol

Matches

Running shoes

Job sorted

Remove the matches and running shoes. Add distance and a drainpipe-launched rocket. A whole truck-load of awesome!

Northwind

Definately Balotelli

dogbert
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Disposing unused fireworks’ is closed to new replies.