Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • discouraging crows ( and pigeons )
  • cranberry
    Free Member

We seem to have developed a problem in my area with the formation of huge flocks of crows – several hundred birds at a time. I live on the top floor of the highest building and the birds seem to think that my balconies and roof exist for their perching pleasure.

I have thought of using one of these:

but I think that my neighbours and the police would not be too happy with me. What is the best way of dissuading the crows from using my building as a combined meeting place and toilet ?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

C’mon Kes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

HTFU!*

*Hawk the….

Get a Harris on the case!

Failing that, a shotgun should sort out the pigeons. Skin them, keep the breasts and then marinade them in a little soy, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Fry them in a heavy pan for a while, then slice thinly and serve on a nice salad, with some spring onions, radish and betroot.

Crows? Kill ’em all.

wwaswas

I read that as ‘discouraging cows’.

I must confess the reality of your situation hasn’t lived up to my expectation.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I think you can get a hawk silhouette to stick on your window. It might work.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I would imagine that small hawks would easily be chased away, if not killed, by a group of crows, especially considering the amount you have. A buzzard, maybe; but I still think that the crows would be victorious in any territorial dispute.

willard

Hawk decoy on the roof, or a recording of a hawk in a really bad mood playing from speakers.

But, as CFH has said, pigeon is delicious (assuming it is proper wild woodpigeon as opposed to feral). Air rifle into a good backstop will sort the problem and provide a lovely meal.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Try a plastic nowl from a shooting shop. Worth a try but not a sure fire soloution.

Tom83

One of them should scare pretty much everything off. Might be hard to get it up the stairs though….

If not how about a starter pistol?

duntmatter
    Free Member

A couple of priests with signs should do it.

organic355
    Free Member

Kia ora

Its too orangy for crows.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvLn9PWln8[/video]

cranberry
    Free Member

This is the backstop – so any sort of shooty solution is out of the question:

The day I end up with a cow problem on the 12th floor is the day I stop drinking.

I do like the idea of a Hawk of some kind – are they quiet in the morning/can they be toilet trained ?

BigJohn

Crows don’t flock together.

Hence the saying “If you see a lot of crows together – they’re rooks. If you see a rook on its own – it’s a crow”

cranberry
    Free Member

Then they must be a complete bunch of rook(er)s

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘discouraging crows ( and pigeons )’ is closed to new replies.